Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Reason For Zidane headbutt

Since Sunday evening the whole World has been debating what Italian defender Marco Materazzi said to Zinedine Zidane to make the retiring Frenchman react in the way he did. The French captain, in his last ever professional game, thrust his head into Materezzi''s chest in Sunday''s World Cup Final resulting in a red card and shame for Zidane. Today, with the help of Italian lip-reader Arturo Belladini, it was revealed what drove Zidane to self destruct;

Materazzi was seen to hold Zidane''s shirt on the edge of the penalty box in extra-time at which point Zidane said;

"If you want my shirt so bad you can have it"

Materazzi responded with a volley of expletives

As they jog away Zidane is seen to laugh at this and it is unclear how he responded due to him having his back to the TV camera

Materazzi then hit a further volley of abuse about Zidane being past his best.

Zidane carried on jogging away until Materazzi said;

"Old man, this arena is not for you anymore it''s a good job you are retiring because you are only good enough for Ipswich now"

That was the final straw!

I got sent a variation of this from the Ips**t supporter in my office, but he''d put ''Norwich'' instead of ''Ipswich''...

What are the chances of that eh? Me, in Manchester, sharing an office with a scu*mer! For the record though, he''s a fairly decent chap and we both readily wind one another up with all things East Anglian related...

[quote user="Anderz"]

I got sent a variation of this from the Ips**t supporter in my office, but he''d put ''Norwich'' instead of ''Ipswich''...

What are the chances of that eh? Me, in Manchester, sharing an office with a scu*mer! For the record though, he''s a fairly decent chap and we both readily wind one another up with all things East Anglian related...

[/quote]

Oh christ, I''m moving to Manc in September and was hoping to escape the Scummers!

To be fair, I work in an office here in Norwich with a binner, and he''s a good chap who can take a joke.  Plus we''re both as pessimistic about the coming season as the other, so we can share the pain!

Just watch the French turn Zidane into a national hero for defending his honour.

Soon people will talk about ''doing a Zidane'' which will mean turning to proactive reaction and being exonerated on moral grounds.

Or, out another way: some people deserve the reaction they get and shouldn''t complain about it.

On this basis why do certain supporters like to bait certain managers, like Warnock, only to turn into sensitive little souls when the man reacts.

The same could be applied to Worthington who is clearly in no position to forgive or forget with sections of the Norwich support.

If Worthington was French and we were in French league he would have shown a great deal less tolerance before now and would have been accepted as within his moral rights to do so.

The whole Zidane issue raises discussion on the nature of rebuke.

Personally, I believe you shouldn''t dish it out unless you expect something in return and the comments you make out to be founded on argument.

Death of Canaries, so why you moving to Manchester..? is it for a job or Uni? Any ideas where in Manchester you''ll be? I''m in the posh bit of the Southern area of the City (Didsbury)... if you need a hand navigating the area when you get him, send me a PM and I''ll advise you on where to go/not to go... All the best for your move mate...

That was hilarious    Stevie !   

I always believe that if your going to do something  , do it properly !    Zidane`s performance of the Glasgow kiss   was miserable ,   Materazzi  was begging for the full monte  , and should have got it !  a full blown smack in the mush ......[<:o)]