Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

How the mighty have fallen

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

[quote user="NotWorthy"]Norwich were a lot better with him than without him , trouble is little Norwich cannot hang onto any half decent player these days , sit back and wait for Earnie to be off in January .[/quote]

Since when have we ever been able to hang on to half decent players?

[/quote]

Since we got Hucks ? [:P]  

Strange that  the deal for Francis  came to exactly £1.5M   .....  which means we get nothing ,  methinks that there`s been some wheeling and dealing behind the scenes  , with Finnigans  grubby  fingers  involved  ! 

So Boothroyd   does the old pals act , and gets Francis  on board  ,  well ....  don`t they all think they can  succeed where others have failed ?   personally I think he`s just trundled a Trojan horse into his club  ...  sooner or later  he`s going to  know this !

[quote user="sheded"][quote user="Saint Canary"]

[quote user="NotWorthy"]Norwich were a lot better with him than without him , trouble is little Norwich cannot hang onto any half decent player these days , sit back and wait for Earnie to be off in January .[/quote]

Since when have we ever been able to hang on to half decent players?

[/quote]

Since we got Hucks ? [:P]  

Strange that  the deal for Francis  came to exactly £1.5M   .....  which means we get nothing ,  methinks that there`s been some wheeling and dealing behind the scenes  , with Finnigans  grubby  fingers  involved  ! 

So Boothroyd   does the old pals act , and gets Francis  on board  ,  well ....  don`t they all think they can  succeed where others have failed ?   personally I think he`s just trundled a Trojan horse into his club  ...  sooner or later  he`s going to  know this !

[/quote]

True Sheded but that more down to Hux than the club.  If it is true that Hux turned down offers than one can only guess that the club accepted some?

What I find funny about the Francis situation is that yet again he has asked to leave.  He has only been there a year and has already decided to give up after losing his place in the side rather than fight to get it back.  I hope Boothroyd knows what he has let himself in for because Francis is great when it is all going well but when the chips are down..............................

[quote user="Chase in Delia out ."]Who would want Huckerby now ? getting old and has lost his pace , no Premiership sides unless the mighty Watford or Sheff Utd are interested.[/quote]

Are you joking ?   29 / 30 is old ??      and , judging from the match yesterday   , he`s definately not lost any pace !   so dream on blue one ........

Whether you like it or not   , the fact is that hucks DOES  have  something that prem clubs  want !   and if you don`t know what that is   , then there`s no point in  telling you ......

"Chase in Delia out" says it all, Sheded.

Don''t waste your typing fingers.

[quote]If a Premier club wanted him they would get him [/quote]

Did you read the interview in the edp where Huckerby said he would rather retire from football than play somewhere else ?

Thought not.

[quote user="We need a Manager"]Have you ever heard of old players finding one last club to take it easy at , Huckerby was only just Premiership class at his peak , he is past that peak now.[/quote]

What a load of cr@p! Hucks joined us at the peak of his career, not as a 35 year old looking for one last season!! Jeez have you run out of other things to moan about? Hucks is the best thing to happen to this club for years & is still the best & most dangerous player at the club. He will go down in Norwich folk law as one of the greats, fact! Why not start having a go at Ron Saunders or Flecky, or Iwan while you''re at it!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I don''t think Huckerby knows the meaning of take it easy.  He was the fittest player in pre-season training.[/quote]

Very true Blah !   throughout his career Hucks has always  been a true pro ....   which equates to  keeping himself fit  , and earning the dosh he gets  ,   its very likely this ethic   doesn`t sit too well  with  those in the team  who club it every night , then stroll about  on match day  with the energy  of a constipated  slug !!   [ap]

Huckerby had a poor start to last season and was getting over illness which affected his energy levels. He is obviously trying to hit the ground running this time.

I don''t buy all this rubbish about his age and getting slow. He has one or two more seasons in his pomp yet.

WNAM,

What on earth are you on about? He joined us in his mid-20''s - what age do you suggest we consider to be the peak of a footballer''s career - justify your comment

I dont know how a thread about Damien Francis ends up in an argument about who was the worst manager in 20 years or whether or not Hucks is a good pro or not.

To return to the original thread , Francis could have left with the fans affections as a really good player for the club but his actions on the last day of the season ensured that he didn''t.

That said,Paul Jewell''s comments on Francis''s departure were a real surprise - an excellent professional apparently and he said that he wanted Damo to stay but had too much respect for him as a person to stand in his way if he really wanted to go.

my dear old nan said " the to**er can rot in hell" oh how i miss my nan, i think he will end up at Sheffield United or Watford on loan.

Not your Nan surely?

" Obviously Ralph Wright you are too young to remember when we did have good players and managers , unlike the third rate rubbish we have nowadays , Hughes not fit to play for Lowestoft let alone Norwich. "

No, you''ve just made up stuff to argue against. You''ve no idea how old I am. Perhaps you could tell me where I posted a comment about Hughe''s ability as well.

Your ill informed guff is symtomatic of the problems with much that stuff gets posted up here. Might I suggest you try and actually address the points people make.