Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

How the mighty have fallen

Just seen on SkySports that Damien Francis has rejected the attentions of the mighty Stoke City.  Must seem like a long time ago that 2 or 3 Premier League clubs were interested.  I notice his own "personal" website is no longer running.  How quickly things change.

It does make you wonder though how different his and our fortunes would be if he had a half-decent attitude and wasn''t just a lazy, coasting, freeloader.

As my dear old nan said " the to**er can rot in hell" oh how i miss my nan, i think he will end up at Sheffield United or Watford on loan.

I''d have him back, at least he''s class when he tries, some people will never have it, however much they run or clap.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

What did we get for him ?  1.5 million wasn''t it ?

Nice piece of business there if you ask me.

[/quote]

And a little bit more for Wigan staying up I think. 

"I''d have him back, at least he''s class when he tries, some people will never have it, however much they run or clap."

Thank God Nigel is our manager and not you, Shortfatb!

Nigel has not done very well in the transfer market, but making £1.5m on a lazy, disruptive pre-madonna is damn good business if you ask me.

I stand by what I say, when compared to our current first choices, hughes, robinson, etuhu, second choices, colin and previously charlton and the press ganged, namely henderson, jarvis, thorn and mckenzie I would take back Francis in the knowledge that he can perform at a higher level in midfield than anybody on the list.

PS. I''d have Russell and Mulryne and Holt back too if we could sell the other first choices.

PPS. I think the majority of people on the board would prefer me, or indeed anyone else to Nigel at the moment.

FTF FHO 

Francis wanted to play and live in London so we sold him to Wigan. Stoke isn''t exactly on the Piccadilly Line either. I hope he is suffering and regretting his behaviour towards the Club who made his faltering reputation.

Norwich were a lot better with him than without him , trouble is little Norwich cannot hang onto any half decent player these days , sit back and wait for Earnie to be off in January .

[quote user="Mook"]

"I''d have him back, at least he''s class when he tries, some people will never have it, however much they run or clap."

Thank God Nigel is our manager and not you, Shortfatb!

Nigel has not done very well in the transfer market, but making £1.5m on a lazy, disruptive pre-madonna is damn good business if you ask me.

[/quote]Unfortunatly Nigel ruined it by spending that 1.5 million on bad loan signings and poor transfers. Too be fair though I think some of the players could have been good but Nigel ruined that chance as well.

[quote user="NotWorthy"]Norwich were a lot better with him than without him , trouble is little Norwich cannot hang onto any half decent player these days , sit back and wait for Earnie to be off in January .[/quote]

Since when have we ever been able to hang on to half decent players?

[quote user="NotWorthy"]Norwich were a lot better with him than without him ,  .[/quote]

is that really true?? the man helped take us up and scored ghoals in the premiership in crucial games... some of u have VERY short memories?? southampton at home anyone???

and for those who said he didnt give a toss towards the end of the season watch the higlights of that year and how many assists does Francis get after Xmas??? not forgetting a screamer vs Wigan....

some Petty rumour that 1 or 2 were stupid enough to believe led to a hate campaign that forced him out of the club.. no wonder he had had enough by the end... wouldnt u if people spread lies about ur private life then decided u were public enemy number 1 just because they needed someone to blame?

jas :)

[quote user="shortfatb"]

PPS. I think the majority of people on the board would prefer me, or indeed anyone else to Nigel at the moment.

[/quote]

We''re growing tired. We''re not desperate.

You are right he''s class when he tries.  IF he tries twice a year NW would have wasted our money.  If you let a lazy player get away with that type of behaviour what is the message you impart to the rest of the group, you''re right they all become lazy. Is that exceptable to Norwich City fans?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="NotWorthy"]Norwich were a lot better with him than without him ,  .[/quote]

is that really true?? the man helped take us up and scored ghoals in the premiership in crucial games... some of u have VERY short memories?? southampton at home anyone???

and for those who said he didnt give a toss towards the end of the season watch the higlights of that year and how many assists does Francis get after Xmas??? not forgetting a screamer vs Wigan....

some Petty rumour that 1 or 2 were stupid enough to believe led to a hate campaign that forced him out of the club.. no wonder he had had enough by the end... wouldnt u if people spread lies about ur private life then decided u were public enemy number 1 just because they needed someone to blame?

jas :)

[/quote]

Another rewriting of history!!!

Bugger... I swore I wouldn''t rise to this sort of stuff any more.

" trouble is little Norwich cannot hang onto any half decent player these days "

Odd how we manage to keep finding them in the first place with a board that supposedly ''has no ambition'' and a manager that likewise has no idea.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" trouble is little Norwich cannot hang onto any half decent player these days " Odd how we manage to keep finding them in the first place with a board that supposedly ''has no ambition'' and a manager that likewise has no idea.[/quote]

Francis is the ONE (1) that he has found.  How many other signings of Worthy''s are in the premiership now?

Dean Ashton (20 goals in half a season at Crewe, even I could have told you he was good)

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" trouble is little Norwich cannot hang onto any half decent player these days " Odd how we manage to keep finding them in the first place with a board that supposedly ''has no ambition'' and a manager that likewise has no idea.[/quote]

I agree it''s very odd that until recent season''s we had no players that anyone wanted to buy.

Unfortunately the original message says " trouble is little Norwich " not NIgel Worthington. Neither does it exclude players who supposedly were good before they joined us.

So who should we believe. Notworthy or Paul Rankine ?

Or simply dismiss both posts as yet more evidence that some folk seem so desperate to post up attacks upon our club that they will twist anything until it suits.

Sorry Shortfatb, I stand by my post too - 1.5 mil was a great return on a player that, in my humble opinion, flattered to decieve.

That we now have "worse" players has nothing to do with it - just because Blair is a moron doesn''t mean we should try and get Thatcher back as Prime Minister.

OK,

Herb, I didn''t suggest that I could or would be manager, I was facetiously suggesting that currrently many people would jump at any replacement for Nigel.

Mook we''ll have to agree to disagree on Mr. Francis, yes I performed badly on occasion and looked like he couldn''t care less, but he also gave me some of my best memories of Norwich during the years he was here. I don''t understand why someone with his ability doesn''t make more of an effort at all times but despite this I would rather have him here more then any midfielder currently at the club other than perhaps Safri, when fit or not tired, which obviously isn''t very often.

And I repeat, Holt, Russell and Mulryne would be no worse than what we currently have and the £1.5m has gone.

Fair points well made, shortfatb.

Mulryne can whistle as far as I''m concerned, he just wanted an easy life and never passed anywhere other than sideways.

Francis just wanted to look good on the edits reel - yes, he scored some great goals and had some telling moments, but when the going got tough he was nowhere to be seen. Poor old Holt just running his nuts off trying to cover Francis'' man.

Russell and Holt I would both have loved to stay, but it wasn''t to be - anyway, nobody was saying that a year ago.

As for those we have now, I would rather have Robinson than Mullers, Etuthu than Russell and Hughes than an ageing Holt who''s best years are now behind him.

If we can play as a team and play with some confidence, I think we will see a better side of them. I hope we''ll see a better side of them, anyway.

Obviously Ralph Wright you are too young to remember when we did have good players and managers , unlike the third rate rubbish we have nowadays , Hughes not fit to play for Lowestoft let alone Norwich.

[quote]Obviously Ralph Wright you are too young to remember when we did have good players and managers , unlike the third rate rubbish we have nowadays , Hughes not fit to play for Lowestoft let alone Norwich.[/quote]

Blatant fabrication. 

He was fit to be part of a team that got Reading into the play-offs.  He was also part of a team that didn''t play as a team should last season, and people like you got on his back as a result.  I hear a lot of waflle about his lack of passing ability, but if team-mates aren''t giving you options, where can you pass to ?

If you keep telling people how bad he is though, eventually everyone will believe you, right ?

Got to love that baying mob mentality.

Obviously WNAM you are too young to remember Bryan Hamilton.

And Fernando Derveld, and Peter Grant, and Shaun Carey, and Steve Walsh, and Tony Cottee, and Raymond De Waard, and Mike Milligan, and Lee Marshall, and Bryan McGovern, and Daryl Sutch, and Adrian Coote, and Victor Segura, and Drewe Broughton, and Che Wilson, and Garry Brady, and Des Hamilton.

Or perhaps you are too young to remember how many years of our one hundred year history we have actually been a top-flight club?

[quote user="Mook"]Obviously WNAM you are too young to remember Bryan Hamilton.

And Fernando Derveld, and Peter Grant, and Shaun Carey, and Steve Walsh, and Tony Cottee, and Raymond De Waard, and Mike Milligan, and Lee Marshall, and Bryan McGovern, and Daryl Sutch, and Adrian Coote, and Victor Segura, and Drewe Broughton, and Che Wilson, and Garry Brady, and Des Hamilton.[/quote]

Yes Hamilton was terrible, but just because you are better than arguably the norwich''s worst manager in 20 years does not make you a managerial genius.

Of the players you list Grant, Milligan, Marshall, Sutch and Segura were below average players, the rest were terrible for us. I would put Hooves in the below average group and certainly worse than Grant or Milligan in central midfield.

[quote user="Mook"]He was fit to be part of a team that got Reading into the play-offs.  He was also part of a team that didn''t play as a team should last season, and people like you got on his back as a result.  I hear a lot of waflle about his lack of passing ability, but if team-mates aren''t giving you options, where can you pass to ?[/quote]

To be fair, Clint Easton was a part of the norwich side that made the play-offs and had a good run of form up to the final.  He ws still a very below average player.

Clint played next to no part in the promotion season, as Hughes played no part in Reading''s promotion. Of last years worse players I rate Hughes as one of the 3 worst alongside the uinlucky and mismanaged Colin and the lethargic Etuhu.

No Mook i remember all of them and all the way back to Ron Saunders ,John Bond ,Ken Brown etc etc etc proper managers with teams and players who could hold their heads up . Since the arrival of the little old cook we have had nothing but crap managers , and this one is the worst one in history , anybody supporting him wants to be placed in an asylum , how many millions has he wasted to hoof the ball as high and far as it will go . Bring back Robert Chase he knew more than how to boil a bloody egg ,

Yep. Bring back Chase. Worthington is the worst manager we''ve ever had. The "little old cook" has ruined us.

And you think Worthy''s supporters need an asylum????