Sign in to follow this  
John Boubepo

Nigel: I never felt job was on the line

And this is what''s wrong at the club, he should have felt that his job was on the line.

At any other club, it would have been!.

I don''t often agree with you Wiz, May I say well put, and say in agreement that every man or woman in employment should know that their job is on the line, if there is no good reason for the finished product to be below standard.

He has most of the ground shouting "Worthy Out" and cheering when the opposition scores yet he didn`t think his job was on the line.

Holy smoke.

This is whole the problem with Worthington.

He is either dilusional or a liar.

Either way I don`t want him as manager of NCFC.

Ah yes, let''s get rid of Delia and get Simon Jordan to run our club. He has ambition, and his managers always feel under pressure of they''re out. And look, they didn''t just settle for one season in the Prem and then not get promoted. And their squad isn''t smaller this season than last, and they haven''t sold their best players over the summer.

So, the concept of a board that supports their manager through thick and thin is the wrong one? Maybe not - we had a poor season after the Cardiff season, follwed by a very successful season. And don''t forget, the season we were promoted started off pretty poorly with no indication that it would pan out the way it did.... Or is that going back too far to a time before you supported Norwich?

Who needs stability?! Bring back the late 90s, when the constant changing of managers brought us much more long term success.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

He has most of the ground shouting "Worthy Out" and cheering when the opposition scores yet he didn`t think his job was on the line.

Holy smoke.

[/quote]

Sorry but with respect you are missing the point and the point is vital.

Worthy heard the chants and the cheers for QPR.  Of course he did.  But he is neither lying nor delusional because his job is on the line only if the Board say it is not if the fans chant.  He knew that whatever we said, he was safe with the Board.

The problem with Worthy is that he has the support of the Board not only in the sensible empowering way that a good employer should support a responsible senior employee but also in the all forgiving, unconditional way of a lovesick teenager.

I''m with Wiz and Beelsie - how often do you see that statement(!!??!!)   In management terms this cosy relationship stinks.  Where''s the challenge??

[quote user="USAcanary"]

Holy smoke.

[/quote]well said