Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Pressure Roy it was sheer pressure

I don''t understand why the moderators let this bully-boy dross through, although I appreciate you can''t be everywhere.

It adds nothing to the debate, and is nothing more than an idle threat by someone who is powerless to effect change.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

It adds nothing to the debate, and is nothing more than an idle threat by someone who is powerless to effect change.

[/quote]

not true - a couple of poor results and you watch as the atmosphere at carrow road collapses again.  Many may never forgive the board if we fail next season - and you know what that will mean - season ticket sales plummeting.

blahblahblah.

It adds everything to the debate.  He think he can say and do what he likes and insults the fans but does not like it when they insult him - justifiably

I have yet to find a single Worthington quote that could be taken as an out and out insult.  I am amazed that anyone took the "true fans" / last day thing to heart, it was meant as a compliment to those who took the time out to stay, not as an insult to those who, for whatever reason, chose to go.  Anyone with an ounce of sense (and without an ulterior motive) could see that.

I haven''t heard Worthington denigrate anyone on the basis of their intelligence or nationality.

I haven''t heard Worthington call the fans clowns.

And yet "fans" regularly use these terms of abuse about him.

And what is your justification for abusing him ?  Poor performances on the pitch ?

Try and keep the toys in the pram, dear boy.

I have yet to find a single Worthington quote that could be taken as an out and out insult.  I am amazed that anyone took the "true fans" / last day thing to heart, it was meant as a compliment to those who took the time out to stay, not as an insult to those who, for whatever reason, chose to go.  Anyone with an ounce of sense (and without an ulterior motive) could see that.

I haven''t heard Worthington denigrate anyone on the basis of their intelligence or nationality.

I haven''t heard Worthington call the fans clowns.

And yet "fans" regularly use these terms of abuse about him.

And what is your justification for abusing him ?  Poor performances on the pitch ?

Try and keep the toys in the pram, dear boy.

[/quote]

Apparently his grey tracksuits are not liked either - if that''s not a good enough reason to get rid of a manager then I don''t know what is!

[quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

not true - a couple of poor results and you watch as the atmosphere at carrow road collapses again.  Many may never forgive the board if we fail next season - and you know what that will mean - season ticket sales plummeting.

[/quote]

So, 2 poor results and you will be having a go at the players, manager, directors etc.  Brilliant, well done.

I am amazed that anyone took the "true fans" / last day thing to heart, it was meant as a compliment to those who took the time out to stay, not as an insult to those who, for whatever reason, chose to go. 

[/quote]

now who is being naive now blahblah.........

I know this thread has turned out to be a little frivilous but I''m afraid it does begin to explain why there are two oposing poles over the current situation.

Of course Worthington hasn''t plumbed the depths of some, but there is no getting away from the fact that he (and others such as Mr Skipper) have caused offence. You say that you were amazed that anyone took offence at the "true fans" statement. Well my father (who has supported City for over 50 years!) and I were offended and angry; which took some doing as I have never felt like that towards any other manager of the club. I stayed behind after the game by the way. To imply that my father was no longer a true fan because he felt Worthington had messed up a golden oportunity for the club last season and therefore decided not to "celebrate" was ill advised and thoughtless at the very least.

The point is this. I haven''t ever abused Worthington yet I felt he was having an underhand dig at people, like me, who feel he should go. It''s not the way to correct the undercurrent of bad feeling. He needed to be building bridges not taking side swipes. I have no doubt at all that comments like "I don''t care what the supporters think" after an inept away performance (forgive me if I can''t remember the exact one, there were several to choose from after all) have contributed towards a lack of respect towards the manager from some supporters.

Unfortunately the situation has festered to a considerable degree. We desperately need a good start to the season otherwise the animosity will return. Professional people have to rise above the onlookers and bear in mind the impact and ramifications of what they say. 

blah, you must be one of a very small minority who interpreted Worthington''s "true fans" outburst in the way you have.

I agree with blah ,It really sums up what happens to comment from anyone at carrow road, It is turned into more ammo for the W O brigade regardless of wether it is anything to get cross about or just fair comment

Surely two poor results should be seen as two MORE bad results to carry on the endless string of performances stretching back for over a season now?

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So, 2 poor results and you will be having a go at the players, manager, directors etc.  Brilliant, well done.

[/quote]

Saint Canary - I don''t think his white socks are very popular in some quarters either!

[/quote]

Blahblahblahblah - really must try harder. 

Blahblahblahblah - should ask themselves why anyone should dislike Worthington sufficiently to have an ulterior motive.

when i get annoyed with the team i just hide it inside myself so they dont just become depressed or anythin, i sing harder and try and get them to play better rather than actualy make the situation worse. things said about the team outside of the football ground also doesnt help as people are convincing other people that worthington should go which creates big groups of people chanting ''we want worthy out'' well personaly i think this is a pile of poo since if u sing that the players will feel under preasure to perform rather than when people sing good things about them they will become more confidant and want to try harder to score and win. unless the team are performing worse than rushdon and diamonds i will not be singing anythin that puts the team down.

[quote]blah, you must be one of a very small minority who interpreted Worthington''s "true fans" outburst in the way you have. [/quote]

Ah yes, the mythical majority of fans that want Worthy Out.  Like the 70 people who attended the last protest.  If there''s such a majority, to quote Delia "We are you ?".  Like the 10 or 15 who systematically post on here, and elsewhere, using anything as "proof" or a "club in turmoil", and reminding anyone that listens how awful things are all the time.

Let''s get one thing straight.  Most of the fans in the ground have too much respect for the professionals who run the club to get involved in anything as tawdry as a protest against management, even if they think that the management aren''t doing a good job.  Hence the true sound of protest - silence.  In how many games was we want Worthy Out sung by the majority ? one, against QPR ?  And as if to prove how fickle the people who started this outrage are, we went on to win the game !

The true majority keep their opinions to themselves.  How can anyone know who the true majority is in that case ?

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was just saying what I think will happen to the atmosphere in the ground if we have a couple of poor results at the start of next season......  As for whether I personally would start having a go - I am not sure - a lot depends on how well we play.

And don''t forget apart from a month at the end of the premiership when the guys overlooked by worthy got a chance, and December last season when a player whom would have left the club if worthy had has his way saved him his job,  this will be 2 season''s of poor results + 2 more poor results.

[/quote]

Apparently at least one share holding public fence sitter was swayed into a WorthyOutter by Worthington''s clod hopping remarks and apology http://www.thorndyke.f2s.com/WorthingtonNewHat.htm and believed that escapade in itself was sufficient reason for him to go.

It seems that some of those without an ounce of sense instead have an ounce of gold they saved by not buying season tickets. Another achievement that Worthington can take credit for.