Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

Norwich are 14-1 to win the title .... What do you think, higher or lower?

Can''t remember the name of the bookies but saw a poster today in cholchester stating Norwich at 14-1 for the champs.

Some of the others were:  FAV - Birmingham 6-1, Sunderland, 11-1 and Crystal Palace at 12-1.

personally if we get a good start and sign a couple of  GOOD players we can win this league. Lets face it no one is that good!

How Sunderland and Palace can be above us in the odds is past me! Palace have lost dowie and AJ! And Sunderland as in freefall.

Maybe worth a £10, BUT  then I normally jinks it when I bet!

Roll on the new season, Earny for Champs top scorer!

Thank you!

That''s made me feel much better about the up-coming season.

We can do it! - (8) Going UP UP UP!!!! (8)

Just had a look in an old preview, we were 16-1 to win the title, we shocked everyone and did it. But the club will require changes just like that season if it is to progress.

yup but that season was turned around by bring huckbery and a few others. THe same would need to be done again to get us up there, I great the league doesn''t good but I see no value in 14-1, when you consider you can get coventry at 16s and they''ve brought in players to strengthen and didn''t finish far away from us.

I put 10 pounds on us every year to get promoted, except obviously last year, i bet we would avoid relegation (s**t, sorry!!!), i think 14-1 are probably about right, for me birmingham will walk the league, but i think the reason that our odds are lower than some may have thought is due to the fact that in previous years everyone seems to beat everyone in this league making it very unpredictable ( reading and watford??)

As things stand at the moment, 14-1 is laughable. There is absolutely no way we will win this league UNLESS we have a new manager and some canny purchases. We are much more likely to get relegated than promoted with the lack of activity at Carrow Road.

I think Birmingham will win, but I''m backing Hull for promotion - could be the new Watford.

[quote user="We need a Manager"]14/1 is very very slim for a side that failed so miserably last season and have no new players , with what we have now 14/1 to finish in the top ten would be about right.[/quote]

bit dramatic, even if we maintain the team we had last year we still finished in the top 10, and had terrible luck with injuries

Very interesting replies .....

IMO: I think that a team that plays together with only a couple of new faces (to spice it up) is the best formula.

We had too many new faces in the Prem. The defense was solid yet we added new faces who hadn''t palyed together and it didn''t work.

This current team is the same as last season, maybe with one or two extra squad players and with little injuries this team can play together.

Remember Greece in Euro 2004!

Anyway lets be upbeat! we haven''t even started yet. I''ll soon know after the first three to six games.

Cheers All!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I wouldn''t put any money on City at 140-1.  There is no possibility whatsoever that we will the title.  If anyone wants to bet I will offer them double the odds they can get at the bookies.

if birmingham or west brom dont win this league then i will eat my hand... they have still got some good players and birmingham will run away with it even better than reading i think. im not a bad norwich fan but being realistic i think norwich can only hope for 6th place due to diabolical signings (none).

Birmingham and West Brom will not win the leauge this season. I am staking my non exsistent reputation on this ! Clubs that come straight down hardly ever win the leauge , the top players either want to leave or play as though they don''t think they should be here and so are impatient. Look at us last season, we should have thrashed Reading at home, a typical trait of ours was winning a few games on the trot and then simply assuming we had turned a corner before losing the next few. If you want a good bet get on Leeds at 10-1 .

Think that 14/1 is a fair price to win league, though wouldn''t put my mortgage on it. Would like to think that if you end August playing 5 games (Leeds, PNE, Luton, Derby and Barsnley) and have say 10 points from that lot the 14''s might be cut a touch.

Personally I have backed the 11/1 Leeds to win league.

Hail Hail the Celts are here