Sign in to follow this  
Ken Aries

Five weeks to go until the big kick off!

Is the excitement growing? Or are you much too concerned at the lack of transfer activity to feel anything other than anxious about the coming season?

One way or t''other things cant be as bad as last season, either we are better or NW goes. Knowing NCFC as i do, things will get plenty worse before they get better. Remember we cannot treat anyone within the corridors of CR with the same ideology of ''rational thinkers'' as we treat each other; they''ve proven that they''re not. Last season with Parachute payments and we are showing no signs at all of anything other than same old.

Last season two clubs showed us how we showed have approached the prem, this season i fear brum and poss west brom will show us how we should have approached last season.

IMO i personally believe that NW will sort out what needs to be sorted. (Some may not agree; but this is MY oppinion.) - He hasn''t made the best of signings i know.. but he''s made some GREAT ones with his time here, Ashton, Earnshaw, JJ, Etuhu (I think he has potential to get better), Davenport was a good loan, and i think we should try and loan him again next season and then maybe get a perm on him. As for this up-coming season, we are yet to see a transfer with the players back at pre-season training. But now at long last we have started to hear some speculation; and to be fair - alot of it. Hulse, Chadwick, Mcveigh, earnshaw, Matt oakley, howard and so on. We can see he has realised where we need new people, (midfeild and defense rather than forwards). I think that we''ll be ready in time for another good fight at Elland Road

I don''t have any confidence that NW will sort anything out.  My biggest worry is that we now have two staff from the Howard Wilkinson school of football, and coincidentally they both have this top UEFA coaching badge.  Worthy is unlikey to bring off any major signing coup because firstly he has hardly any money and secondly most decent players will have seen his style of play and won''t want to come to Norwich.

I am happy to be proved wrong, but  I''m sure Worthy will have a starting midfield of Hughes, Robinson, and Etuhu against Leeds. 

[quote user="silver fox"]

Worthy is unlikey to bring off any major signing coup because firstly he has hardly any money and secondly most decent players will have seen his style of play and won''t want to come to Norwich.

[/quote]

And thirdly, how many players will want to come to a club where the "supporters" celebrate opposition goals!!!

no one celebrated an oppositoin goal Sid.. people wre mocking the QPR celebrations... i was mocking some clown in a brown coat who found it fun to goad me all game.. who had the last laugh though eh?

This season could be the most important for Norwich for a number of years.

Last year o the parachute money, a much harder division to escape from then last year, an under fire manager and an average squad.. changes will need to be made at some point.. Many of us think it will be Worthington... he got lucky for a lot of last season.. but sooner or later ur luck runs out. then u have to rely on ur skill and ability.. theres where we will see the end of Nigel Worthingon...

Like i said at the NCISA meeting "Nigel has never been a good manager, Nigels been a lucky manager and i think the luck has run out for him"

jas :)