Sign in to follow this  
The Duke of Norfolk

It is obvious NW has peanuts to work with again this summer...

After the fiasco that was last season and Neil Doncasters comments that the club would i quote "learn the lessons from this hard season" i had thought that the club realised that the squad lacks quality and depth and that these issues would be addressed this summer by giving Worthington a healthy transfer kittty to address these issues. It would appear as of yet that this is not the case.

How else can the lack of transfer activity be explained?

Nigel says that alot of work is going on behind the scenes. From this i think what he is saying is that calls are going in to clubs with enquiries being made as to player prices. The prices we are being quoted are too steep for NW on his shoestring budget.

Forget Worthington, the questions that need to be asked need to be addressed to the persons at the top.

Couldnt disagree more Duke.

Worthington has been funded by this board like no other manager in our history. He is the first manager we''ve ever had who has been able to buy pretty much when he wanted, rather than sell our rising stars as almost every other manager has had to do.

The fact that he''s p****d most of it up the wall on players like Hughes, Robinson, Etuhu (most unbeliveable of all after having him here for several weeks to see just how useless he is) is nobody''s fault but Worthington''s.

We may have been promoted but if you could accurately gauge a manager''s performance by assessing results against resources available then I think Worthington would rate as one of the worst managers we''ve ever had. Even more unforgiveable IMO, is that he has us playing the worst football that I''ve seen in 40 years of watching city.

what would u rather Duke????

Earnshaw flogged to blackburn for 6 million and worthy to waste it on cloggers...

Or Worthy to sign no one and the clubs funds and squad to be kept together?

jas :)

Well Jas, i would rather we retained Earnie for all of next season. I don''t think that we will get promoted next year, but i hope Earnie bangs in about 30 goals. We get shot of Worthington if we fail to go up next season, Earnie is sold next summer for £4 million or so and a new promising manager is brought in and given the proceeds from the Earnie sale to rebuild the team (because it will need major restructuring by then i fear).

That is probably our best chance of getting promoted, not next season cos Worthington will be here but the season after with a new manager in charge with sufficient funds to build the team he wants. Talented managers can achieve things on smallish budgets, look at Boothroyd.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

what would u rather Duke????

Earnshaw flogged to blackburn for 6 million and worthy to waste it on cloggers...

Or Worthy to sign no one and the clubs funds and squad to be kept together?

jas :)

[/quote] I like your posts LOL

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]

Couldnt disagree more Duke.

Worthington has been funded by this board like no other manager in our history. He is the first manager we''ve ever had who has been able to buy pretty much when he wanted, rather than sell our rising stars as almost every other manager has had to do.

The fact that he''s p****d most of it up the wall on players like Hughes, Robinson, Etuhu (most unbeliveable of all after having him here for several weeks to see just how useless he is) is nobody''s fault but Worthington''s.

We may have been promoted but if you could accurately gauge a manager''s performance by assessing results against resources available then I think Worthington would rate as one of the worst managers we''ve ever had. Even more unforgiveable IMO, is that he has us playing the worst football that I''ve seen in 40 years of watching city.

[/quote]

I agree 100% with what you have said, as many others will as well!