Sign in to follow this  
Sir Quinny

Southend United

Two Huge signings for the club - both with Ineternational experience - both on a free transfer - I really hope that Mr Worthington is doing something special on the transfer market - my best mate is a Shrimpers fan and those guys really seem to be postive and boyed by what there club is doing - where as I cannot even begin to comprehend what ours is doing.

I feel that if Worthy does not start well and goes we need to look closlet at Bringing Mr Tilson here!

Yes, Steve Tilson would be a good choice. One of only few decent managers remaining now that the vultures have/are swooping over the best managerial talent whilst little old Norwich just keep faith with Worthington.

Can someone tell me please? has Tilson got Southend promoted twice?

Would one of the players you''re referring to be former England international Michael Ricketts? Blimey, such quality. They''re welcome to him and Steven Hamill. These aren''t players who wouuld bring anything to the club, so why sign them? Stop bashing Worthy for the sake of it - especially when there are plenty of valid points you could make!

[quote user="Tacklebury"]Would one of the players you''re referring to be former England international Michael Ricketts? Blimey, such quality. They''re welcome to him and Steven Hamill. These aren''t players who wouuld bring anything to the club, so why sign them? Stop bashing Worthy for the sake of it - especially when there are plenty of valid points you could make![/quote]

I also wouldn''t have touched Ricketts with a barge pole but Hammell would have been good cover for Drury and he would''nt have cost anything...

Tacklebury/Jimaldinho The issue was supposed to be that a newly promoted apparentl small club had the ability to sign some decent players who last year would be considerd way out of there leauge - whilst we are doing nothing. 

As for Mr Ricketts surely you  must appreciate that strikers thrive on confidence - look at the way southend play and how Ricketts has played for Bolton - christ you cannot play for England and not have quality  - care to wager your opinions on his ability next year.

As for bashing Worthy for the sake of it - you make it sound like its a daily occurence for me - he has been given the beneift of the doubt for to long and has wasted so much - all bashing in my opinion is clearly deserved.

Sir Quinny I totally agree with this post apart from one thing. Ricketts would not thrive at Norwich because of the current management structure which does not instill confidence in players. Would you want Worthy as your manager? this for me is a big worry in attracting players

[quote user="Sir Quinny"]

Two Huge signings for the club - both with Ineternational experience - both on a free transfer - I really hope that Mr Worthington is doing something special on the transfer market - my best mate is a Shrimpers fan and those guys really seem to be postive and boyed by what there club is doing - where as I cannot even begin to comprehend what ours is doing.

I feel that if Worthy does not start well and goes we need to look closlet at Bringing Mr Tilson here!

[/quote]

Tilly won''t be leaving Southend, he is one of those players who played his entire career for one league club. I refused to play for another league club when released even tho the offers were there and went to play for the local non-league side. I reckon his managerial career will be very similar.

The guy is worshipped down here and has been known to get the best out of his players. He turned a team that was going out of the football league to winning two back to back promotions. He has achieved it with no money, and only brought in players who he felt could do the business. Even if they were out of flavour with their current clubs.

Alot of people have been slating the signing of Ricketts, which is fair enough as people are entitled to their opinion. But I reckon Tilson will get the best out of him, once he is back to full fitness.

One final thing, having spend the last 2 years living with Sir Quinny and regularly speaking to another Norwich fan I feel that the Worthless bashing is fully deserved. That guy has no clue, and your club (which I do now follow after many years of brain washing by Sir Quinny) will not move forward until you replace him.

[quote user="Gilbo the Shrimper"][quote user="Sir Quinny"]

[/quote]

Tilly won''t be leaving Southend, he is one of those players who played his entire career for one league club. I refused to play for another league club when released even tho the offers were there and went to play for the local non-league side. I reckon his managerial career will be very similar.

The guy is worshipped down here and has been known to get the best out of his players. He turned a team that was going out of the football league to winning two back to back promotions. He has achieved it with no money, and only brought in players who he felt could do the business. Even if they were out of flavour with their current clubs.

Alot of people have been slating the signing of Ricketts, which is fair enough as people are entitled to their opinion. But I reckon Tilson will get the best out of him, once he is back to full fitness.

One final thing, having spend the last 2 years living with Sir Quinny and regularly speaking to another Norwich fan I feel that the Worthless bashing is fully deserved. That guy has no clue, and your club (which I do now follow after many years of brain washing by Sir Quinny) will not move forward until you replace him.

[/quote]

[8] Even Southend want him out! [8]