Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Spillane Signs

Good news, spillane has signed a pro-deal and worthy definately wants him in the squad. Lets hope its a sign that Spillane is right in worthy''s mind for a big part this season. I wouldnt, and i dont think many would complain about seeing spillane at right back or in midfield come elland road in august. One point, i just hope that from now on the coaching staff and NW concentrate on just one position for him, preferably centre midfield rather than making him a versatile player who can play in 3 positions. He needs to earn a place in the team in 1 position but then be able to do a job in others if we need him. He needs a run of games in his best position.

Good news especially if he actually gets some games in the first team.

It''s good news, especially at the rate we are currently signing new players to bolster an inadequate squad.Could there be a connection between the two, - at last we''re concentrating on youth because established players are beyond our means?

All very well, but will Worthy actually play him? I doubt it, because he hasn''t got the confidence to play people like Spillane and would rather play established players such as hoofer Hughes. But if he has to, it will probably be at right-back...

...So if I were Spillane, I''d be looking for an out too.

I think you will find this is one youngster that will play under Worthington.  He has always liked the lad and thought very highly of him, he does deserve a run in the first team imo more so in fact that any of the other youngsters that have signed.  Would agree with previous poster though, Michael loves West Ham and no doubt would be off like a shot if they were to become interested.