Sign in to follow this  
Northern Yella

Why Bother?

Okay I understand this will fly in the face of the views of many of you members on here, but at the end of the day I am not overly concerned we have not bought anyone yet. At the end of the day we bought so many players last year that didn''t improve our team or even really the squad so for us to have not bought anyone for the sake of buying someone I think is a positive thing.I am also convinced that the new coach will be quite persuasive in the case for bringing in the younger players such as Henderson, Rossi and Ryan Jarvis and if these lads can come in and do a job whats the point of buying anyone? Okay yes the right signings at the right place would certainly help, but buying much of the same just won''t do. One or two quality signings will make a difference, but buying another Andy Hughes or Peter Thorne would be a waste of money and also stunt the growth of the younger players, look what Danny Crow did when he was given a chance.As for the manager I''m prepared to give him some time, maybe till Christmas, but I think we need to be realistic we had a very poor season last year and now teams of more quality have been added to the division. Playoffs should be the aim, but certainly not a given. However, if we fuse a team and add some young enthusiasm then their is no reason why we can''t do as well as Watford or even Reading did last year. If we are below mid table at Christmas though I think even Delia and Co will know its time for Mr Worthington to say his goodbyes.

Some good points. And yeah time will tell what is going to happen. But i don''t see why we can''t do really well!

"second best supported team in the division"

Gimme a break! Ok, we have good crowds, but that don''t motivate players to up sticks and leave, does it?

Just go to London - see how much there is to do for a young guy earning thousands a week. And if you don''t like London then there''s the North-West area, the West Midlands or the North East.

This "little old Norwich" argument seems to be used by people who live in Norwich, and don''t understand it''s geographical relevence relating to the rest of the UK.