Sign in to follow this  
Brian Knobbs

Without Darren Huckerby......

Doubtless he''s helped, but surely its been a cumulative effect, galvanising the squad, positive loan signings, positive buying, the list goes on. Without new players we may well not have been where we are today - this season has lifted the whole team.

Come on you yellows!

Sometimes I praise the lord that we didn''t sign Gareth ''Teddy'' Taylor, David ''Volatile'' Connelly or Rob ''Bench'' Hulse at the start of the season, as we would have never got Hucks then. I never thought I''d say this, but thank god for Forest, Hammers, and West Brom.

I agree, getting Darren was an absolute watershed. Whilst on loan his skills helped turn round the team''s fortunes, but it was actually signing him which so galvalized everyone. That was a massive statement of intent, and I remember thinking "Wow - we''ve really GOT to get promotion now!".
It was a huge financial gamble, which has paid off handsomely. But I hope the club never take another chance like that again!

Well said..Darren Huckerby has moved Norwich in to a different league. And without him we would not be top of the league,and joining the premiership. He is player of the season.

i always think that our outstanding defensive record is partly down to him. In truth, we have been strong at the back since Worthy and his team first took over on the training ground and got good players really well organised. But having Darren this year has given us penetration up front. His pace prevents teams from committing too many men forward as they are afraid that they will get burnt at the back, easing the pressure on what had been an over-worked defence. Hence, my belief that he makes everybody in the team able to achieve their full potential. We have had to build a team around him to get the most from him, but it has been a brilliant move for all concerned.

I think it''s safe to say that without Hucks we wouldn''t be where we are now. It''s not just his game but the all round incredible good feeling that he has brought to the fans, club and entire city. He''s revolutionised our season. And he must know it. He said that his only winning medal is when he won the 1st Division with Man City. However, if he won it with Norwich it would top that. Great bloke.

Right, I don''t support Norwich but I don''t want them to get relegated next season as my housemate supports them. His name is Ricardo Becqett and he has just signed for Moonface Utd for 6p and a battered sausage. I would like to suggest some players that my team no longer need who will guarantee survival. They are Carragher, Diao, Diouf (aka Denpo), Smicer and Traore. There you go, guaranteed mid table finish.

Would Norwich be 35 mins away from the Premiership if Hucks hadnt joined us,easy answer NO

In total agreement...without Hucks we would not have achieved as we have. However, it''s still Flem as "Player Of The Season" for me.