Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Are we going to make the Last 4??

17 championship teams have signed players now and of the 7 whom havent as yet, 4 have changed manager and one has no manager

Wolves

Ipswich
Sunderland
Stoke
Derby

Norwich
Luton

two of the above teams have players on trail, Ipswich and Derby.

Hull capture Bees defender Turner:

Hull City have wrapped up the signature of central defender Michael Turner for £350,000 from Brentford.

I don''t want Michael Turner from Brentford. I''m sure that we could have signed him, but (I''m taking a punt here) I doubt he''s good enough to get into our team. If they had signed Koumas for £350K then I''d be annoyed.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]you''re obsessed[/quote]Isn''t he just?A psychologist could have a field day in this place.

Wright seals Southampton switch

Southampton have completed the signing of midfielder Jermaine Wright from Championship rivals Leeds United on a free transfer.

Burley had already captured Grzegorz Rasiak, Marcelo Sarmiento and Bradley Wright-Phillips.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/5164764.stm

Looks like a good signing for Burley''s strong looking southampton side.  He is a decent signing on a free transfer; would do a job at this level.

To be honest other than Rasiak who is reletively proven at this level but not in the premiership, I am not bothered by the others. Bradley Wright-Philips is as yet unproven really and not the hit that his brother proved to be. (A bit like Justin and John Fashanu maybe?).

Jermain Wright on a free from Leeds and he is 30 and hasnt done mutch since he was last under Burley at port-a-loo road.

Seriously very few transfers out there have been that spectacular and as some people have already mentioned transfers like Rasiak were actually agreed last season and the actual exchange of players registration only being a formality at this point.

I think people just need to wait and see what happens before they start to moan. Otherwise its beggining to look like this season will already be a disaster because of there irrational demands.

From my perspective it looks like Worthington is in favour of using the younger players as reliable back up to the more experienced pros. Which is what I thought half of you lot wanted anyway? (Well and me for that matter!).

Right midfield is a must plus a left back - we now have cover in centre back with the new youngsters in the squad and center midfield well and truly overpopulated. Maybe a left midfielder wouldnt go a miss either.

But as I have said before if we should get another striker then Thorne needs to go. There is no point having experienced players like that playing seccond fiddle. You may as well be giving that chance to someone younger to prove themselves plus any pro at that age should be wanting first team footie.

Very unlikely, I would have thought, in the absence of one or two significant signings. Birmingham and Southampton seem to have invested in success, and one or two others have strengthened their squads.

Given that our squad is even smaller this year, ignoring the youth playwers who have signed pro terms, even if somehow we find a new method of playing, and people like Etuhu and Colin make contributions, it would take only an injury or two and we are in trouble.

We still have some deadwood in the small squad, so with the most optimistic thought it is difficult to see us in the top four, or does the questioner mean top six? My answer is the same whichever he means.

Chicken Said: "From my perspective it looks like Worthington is in favour of using the younger players as reliable back up to the more experienced pros."

I guess there is a first for everything.  I am not sure "Worthington is in favour" given his past record both here and at Blackpool for ignoring youth.

17 championship teams have signed players now and of the 7 whom havent as yet, 4 have changed manager and one has no manager

Wolves

Ipswich
Sunderland
Stoke
Derby

Norwich
Luton

three of the above teams have players on trail, Ipswich and Derby.

Quinn''s first signing...

Sunderland are set to complete their first signing under Niall Quinn`s new regime with the capture of Kenny Cunningham on a free transfer.

looks like sunderland may will be off the list soon, I wouldnt want kenny cunningham however.