Sign in to follow this  
Rossi

Delia has to go

I know that to many, many fans I''m about to commit blasphemy, but the time has come for our leaders to take their heads out of the comfort zone and reverse the ill fortunes of the last two seasons.

Too many people are far too comfortbale with what can only be describes as failure.

Failure in not identifying that this club is getting a bad reputation in the football world.

Failure in not understanding that players are reluctant to come due to fear of being ignored, playing for the reserves without good reason, and played out of position.

Failure in dealing effectively with what NW has created - a lob-sided squad with some players that are not fit to wear the shirt

Failure in persistently allowing NW to waste our player budget on signings that are worse than those being replaced

Failure in not dealing with fan disappointment effectively - explain why decisions were made and the future direction of the club

Failure in being open and honest where possible with the fan base

Beieving that everything can be solved by hugs

C''mon everyone i dont get it.

THE BOARD ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALLOWING NW TO CONTINUE

Delia, I''ve lost all faith in you. Time is up.

Best thing that ever happened to this club maybe, but we cant live in the past forever. The last decent thing that the board of this club done was move everything possible for the transfer in of Hucks. What have they done since then that has echoed their claims of ambition?

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]

Failure in not identifying that this club is getting a bad reputation in the football world.

Failure in not understanding that players are reluctant to come due to fear of being ignored, playing for the reserves without good reason, and played out of position.

[/quote]

Let me address these two points, if I may.  I agree, the club is getting a bad reputation - but only down to the actions/reactions of the fans during last season.  Most people I speak to are astonsihed that we have reacted in the way that we have following our relegation, and are likening us to Wolves/Wet Sham fans.  Now whether you like that or not, that is what I am hearing from people here in the North West..

Some players may be reluctant to join Norwich for the reason you have stated, but once again I will bang the drum - it is more often the simple fact of geography which leads to players not wanting to join us or choosing someone else over us rather than the things you say - that is mere speculation and may I suggest, is completely unfounded.

Delia and the board are doing a great job. They''re backing the man they believe in, they''re giving him cash and they''re letting him get on with the football side and acknowledging, unlike many other boards, that they don''t know enough about football to interfere with the managers running of the club. Far rather a Delia than a Doug Ellis or a Simon Jordan.

The fact that Worthington is making a huge balls-up of everything is not their fault, and they have stated that he has the start of the season to prove himself and from their point of view nothing has changed. There is nothing wrong with the infrastructure of the club and ripping it apart to find an answer as to why our 11 players arn''t as good as they should be on a Saturday, is not the way.

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]

[/quote]Evidently.

its a business first and a sports club second, weather we fans like it or not this is the way of the Football world.

We get rid of Delia and MWJ, they recall, as they are entitled to do, their directors loans. Where does this leave us? - paddling with the binners.

Who do you think would step up and take over and invest? I would rather have Delia than some of the benefactors other clubs have got.

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="ROSSI 46"]

[/quote]

Let me address these two points, if I may.  I agree, the club is getting a bad reputation - but only down to the actions/reactions of the fans during last season.  Most people I speak to are astonsihed that we have reacted in the way that we have following our relegation, and are likening us to Wolves/Wet Sham fans.  Now whether you like that or not, that is what I am hearing from people here in the North West..

Some players may be reluctant to join Norwich for the reason you have stated, but once again I will bang the drum - it is more often the simple fact of geography which leads to players not wanting to join us or choosing someone else over us rather than the things you say - that is mere speculation and may I suggest, is completely unfounded.

[/quote]

that may be true temp - but have they seen the players our inept manager brought in hoof the ball up to the shortest player in the league under orders from teh manager.  If they saw that they would probably agree there was something wrong.

Had they seen Hooze play week in week out maybe they would understand why we feel our club is going backwards.

Had their manager slagged them off maybe they would think their manager was a ****.

Ultimately the board take the blame for keeping this useless manager and buying such useless players. I will give them the first 10 games and see if we buy anyone decent. If they dont perform and Worthy is still here then its bye bye Delia as far as Im concerned.

Remember Delia Smith DID NOT save this club - Geoffrey Watling did.

I haven''t read one quote from any of the players to say that they have been instructed to play the long ball.

You and a increasingly smaller bunch think the club is going backwards, stop using the ''royal we''.

And why are still posting on this ''pathetic'' board?

The club is clearly going backwards and having backed their man stubbornly in the face of overwhelming fan opinion that he should be sacked Delia and MWJ risk taking themselves down with him if it does not work out at the start of the season.

They are nice people who have done great things for our club but they need to stop being so nice and thinking of us as "little old Norwich" or they will begin to hold us back.

[quote user="pete"]

I haven''t read one quote from any of the players to say that they have been instructed to play the long ball.

You and a increasingly smaller bunch think the club is going backwards, stop using the ''royal we''.

And why are still posting on this ''pathetic'' board?

[/quote]

Ha! Small bunch? Are you having a laugh? Do you seriously believe that to be true?

Delia and Micheal have put millions into this club. Yes, I believe they have made a mistake by not changing the manager, but their passion for the club is enough to persuade me that they are the right people to be in charge of us.

How on earth anyone can want these people to leave the club is beyond me.

If you had ever left Norfolk you would understand why Norfolk people are thought of as Country Bumpkins.

And what the hell''s so wrong with being Country Bumpkins anyway???

" Failure in being open and honest where possible with the fan base " Who determines ''where possible''. Personally I think the club, the board and the management have done exceedingly well with the whinging rabble.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" Failure in being open and honest where possible with the fan base " Who determines ''where possible''. Personally I think the club, the board and the management have done exceedingly well with the whinging rabble.[/quote]

If I may, Ralph, I think you omitted a word from your last sentence.  Just before the word whinging, please insert ''ungrateful''.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" Failure in being open and honest where possible with the fan base .[/quote]

I didn''t here much honesty in our managers post match appraisals... 

That said back on this subject apart from the worthington issue, on which I feel they have made a HUGE and possibly irreversable error once the premiership money runs out, I feel our board have done a grand job.

And back to Worthington - not many of you remember he had over a million quid to spend at the start of the Play-Off season.

I`m always baffled when some of you have a go  at Delia ,   you don`t make millions from being a fool  , and  I can`t believe  she  would  overule the majority  boards decision  if they opt to retain Nigel  !   thats what boards are for  ....   once club owners  start meddling    and interfering  with the managers  decisions   , its only a matter of time   before  it all goes tits up , Delia`s too smart  and businesswise to take that risk ,  although I can imagine  some of her suggestions  carrying a bit of weight , LOL

this has to be the last chance saloon for Nigel  !   two seasons of crap , there`s no way  that  the fans are going to take another season like the last one , they want to watch a team pulling their weight in ALL  positions  , the strollers  to get benched   mercilessly  , even if the replacements  are  regarded  as too  poor by Nigel  ( a good enough reason to pick `em ! )  ,  one hopes he has got the message ?  

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="ROSSI 46"]

[/quote]

Let me address these two points, if I may.  I agree, the club is getting a bad reputation - but only down to the actions/reactions of the fans during last season. 

[/quote]

what about brum then????

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="ROSSI 46"]

[/quote]

Evidently.

[/quote]

Thanks for that herb, really helpful in explaining why my post is so wrong in your eyes

Sheded, i dont disagree, but your post implies that nigel will be sacked if the season is ''crap'' but what if he isnt?

''I`m always baffled when some of you have a go  at Delia ,   you don`t make millions from being a fool  ''

She made her money being a cook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT a football director.

Whether the KTFers like it or not there are too many of us ready to keep stirring the hornets nest until Worthington goes. I dont care if its unpopular and even gets rid of the now implimented board. My mission for this season if we get off to any form of bad start will be to get Worthington out at all costs.

She did, and was generous to our football club, and continues to be so. You are aware that she has been paying a players wages also.  There are also many football club directors who are not qualified in any way to be such, but like her, many clubs are out there and are  grateful for any money to help balance the books.  We''re £18 million in debt with a limited player budget, who the hell would want to take Worthy''s place, or Delia''s for that matter.  I don''t notice any rich investors champing at the bit to acquire NCFC, do you?  As I said in another post, volunteer, that you and all the W.OUTERS will gladly pay£40 entrance fee at the gate just to stop investment in infrastructure, so that the extra money generated will pay inflated wages to the sort of stars we are likely to attract.  After that you could not guarantee success.  After your generous offer to increase your gate money to £40 ask how many more of your kind will be willing to do the same for the sake of NCFC.  Even then that would not come near the contribution that Delia and co have made. I am safe in betting that not many would would dub up the extra money we speak of.  A lot of noise ,yes! but not much money to pay for the class that you are asking for.  If people like you were to weigh up what the implications would be if those on the board etc threw the towel in and cashed in on their assets.

I have huge problems with Worthington being in charge - if he leaves tomorrow it will be too late! 

But at the moment I am not too keen on gunning for Delia.  I believe deep down she is a true Norwich fan.  She is blinkered at the moment and needs the blinkers to be removed. 

Having said that, if she doesn''t take action VERY soon I will have to change my mind.  Afterall, she may have ploughed millions into the club, but so have the fans and they deserve to be listened to. 

COME ON DELIA - LET''S BE ''HAVIN'' YOU!!!

I think the board are in danger of losing all credibility with the fans through their "blind" loyalty to Worthington.  He has proved time and time again over the last two seasons that he isn''t the right manager to take us forward.  Time will tell of course and if we get off to an encouraging start then i for one will be happy to reassess ny view that NW should go.

However, I have seen nothing so far this close season to make me believe that this is going to happen.  I fear that all hell is going to break loose at this football club because of the boards inability to act.  Some positive signings would go along way to apease this but where the hell are they ?!

OTBC  

" She made her money being a cook "

err no, she made her money as a TV presenter, seller of books etc.

I lost all respect for Delia after her '' let''s be having you'' rant. She came across as being an angry, frustrated woman who was having a go at NORWICH fans. It caused embarrassment across the land. This was a disgraceful act from someone who should of known better, even after too much wine. Why some fans still give her the time of day after that, I do not know. She was being offensive to supporters that evening and showed her true colours. She has a controlling vote with her ''husband'', which is undemocratic and just plain wrong. Her constant support of Worthington makes Norwich City the laughing stock of the Football League. I have been saying for ages that Delia and Wynn-Jones should sell their shares, so they own no more than 49% of the club. It should not have been allowed that one ''couple'' can have a controlling share. What they say goes, whether we like it or not. In my opinion, Delia''s only interested in self-publicity. Don''t things really stink at Carrow Road right now?

It isn''y a moot point but the disappointment with Delia is she is anonymous when things are going awry and lets her other minions to bang the drum with awful PR results eg Skipper, Munby and Doncaster.  Come on lets be aving you, the best fans in the world would like to hear from you, especially when Worthington is to get his cards.

Delia is a business woman, agreed.  So if she had a manager in her restaurant who was doing bad meals etc she would fire him.  Therefore, if she has a bad manager for her football club she should do likewise.

She has years of experience on the food side, but she has, according to her (which I believe to be so) been a supporter of Norwich for many years so she does know about the Norwich style of football and must be aware that is not what we are seeing at the moment. 

She is not toally inexperienced in football.  She does know what is good and what is not and with Worthington it is not.