Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

First 10 Games

This is what i think we could do in the first 10 games with a bit of luck (and optimism), what do you think?

Leeds (a)         L

Preston (H)    W

Luton (H)      W

Derby (A)      D

Barnsley (H)   W

Coventry (A)   L

Southend (A)   W

Crystal Palace (H)   D

Plymouth (A)   W

Burnley (H)   W

6 Wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats from the first 10 games gives you 20 points and with a few good signings is realistic. All 5 home games are winabvle, Palace the hardest with preston not being as good i reckon next year. Away 2 Wins from them 5 games is realistic, because there are 3 poor sides and we have the players to win. Anything less than 14 points would be unnaceptable and i would be asking questions of the manager i reckon, but 20 is possible and would put you near the top of the league. I wanted worthy out last year, and he still isnt my hero, but there is too much negativity and we do have the players and potential with 2 or 3 decent signings to turn it around

What do you think we will get and whats acceptable?

Snap your hand off for 6 wins from the first 10, Matt.

For what it''s worth, I think this is pretty near accurate what Nige has got to aim at achieving if he''s going to stand any chance of turning public opinion this season.

Let''s hope, eh ?

The nightmare situation is if Leeds and Preston pick up we they left off, Luton start well as they did last year, and Derby are renewed under Billy Davies.  If that was to happen, we might struggle to get draws.  Being realistic I can see a 2-1 at Leeds, a draw at home to Preston and then we''ll pick up a bit of momentum.

Leeds (a)         L

Preston (H)    D

Luton (H)      W

Derby (A)      D

Barnsley (H)   W

Coventry (A)   D

Southend (A)   W

Crystal Palace (H)   L

Plymouth (A)   D

Burnley (H)   W

I reckon 16 points from 10, but that we''ll pick up more towards Xmas.  Being a Norwich supporter might require a bit of patience in August, which is unfortunate.

The problem is that all our three home games at the beginning of last season were winnable and we ended up with one or two points - can never predict wins etc thats why I dont bother.  Just building ourselves up for a big fall again.  Remember the calls last season on here ''three home games - 9 points'' .  Just did not materialise and probably wont this season either.

The first set of games give us a genuine all round test.   If we are to be ''contenders'' we shouldnt be losing more than 2 games;  if its a repeat of last seasons debacle then losing 4 or more is the bench mark.   Jurys out of 3.

To be honest I will be very disappointed if we lose more than 2 of those games - predicting points is tougher but lose to more than two of those would be an onimuous start.