Sign in to follow this  
Ken Aries

Who killed Citizen Journalist Foghorn?

I know who killed him really, it was none other than Mr Paul Rankin. Had you become bored with your alter ego, Paul, or was there some other reason for his liquidation ? I have to say it was a rather good name, and sadly our only reminder of that "great" hack Mr Rick Waghorn. Will we see the return of CJF one day, or has he gone forever?

it seems ironic that the dislike shown towards citizen journalists by Mr Waghorn has led him to be a .....citizen journalist. Except for the fact that no-one would subscribe to his ideas and thoughts, becasue so many are available on the net, written by true fans in their own time, and financed by themselves most of the time.

i dont think that Rick realised the feelings that were being created by his extreme pro-club chat in an allegedly neutral paper amongst the public. he could have had every single scoop, but out of principle i wouldnt have given a penny for them.

yes he was in a difficult position, but as i said at the time, he could have stayed in the CR clan without being so extreme in his backings of what was considered all round, even by the board, as unacceptable. he dug a hole. he climbed in it.

The Foghorn will always be here!!  I take my hat off to hack Waghorn, whom I used to call Foghorn due to all the tripe he wrote - hence where the outspoken CJF came from.  In his last few columns he had his laughs writing to wind up the locals on the message boards here and on the wrath site.  I give him credit, after I emailed him critisizing one of his articles about how the Hugheses and Etuhus were the future of english football he even let me write the ''Your The Boss'' column one week in the evening news!!

Anyway CJF has jumped ship to the official site for the time being!

Thanks for your reply, Paul. I do like some of the amusing, quirky user names that people dream up. On another web football forum I post under a pseudonym, but I haven''t taken the time to try to think of a suitable name to use on here yet. Watch this space!