Gareth McAuley [Lincoln - Leicester] Free

Wayne Andrews [Crystal Palace - Coventry] Free

Steve Collis [Yeovil - Southend] Free

David McNamee [Livingston - Coventry] £100,00

Andy Gray [Sunderland - Burnley] £750,000

Jason Jarrett [Norwich - Preston] Free

Kelvin Wilson [Notts County - Preston] Free

Enough said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh for gods sake there is an identical thread half way down the page.

As someone else posted,

"This is from the EDP of 23/05/06

"If previous summers are anything to go by the Canaries won''t be unveiling any new players until late June at the very earliest but Worthington hopes a lack of announcements won''t be interpreted as a lack of action by the club''s fans.

“It''s a time when a lot of people in football are taking their holidays, myself included, but there is still a lot of work going on behind the scenes,” he explained. “We have identified a number of players who would strengthen our squad and it''s a case of putting in the phone calls and seeing what the situation is. It''s question of adding everything up - the transfer fees, the salaries, whether clubs are prepared to let certain people go out on loan, and such-like - and then seeing if something can be sorted out.

“These things take time and, as I said, it''s case of everyone being patient. You never say never in football so I wouldn''t rule out the possibility of something happening soon. But I should imagine it will be a little while yet before we are in position to announce any new arrivals.”""

Actually no, not enough.

Do a bit of research.  Find out how many transfers were conducted this time last year, or for the last 3 close seasons up to this point.  Then compare the numbers.  If this close season shows more or the same number of transfers as previous pre-seasons up to this point, then you have a point, and have said enough.  If this close season shows fewer transfers, do the world the favour and give up this incessant "proving Worthy wrong-fest".

It is comparitively slow for mid June.  Chris Blackwell thinks so too.

[quote user="MacDouble rides again"]We''ll just updating the list... Some good players gone again....[/quote]

Well whoever started the identical thread below posted it yesterday! Are we going to get an update every bleeding day?!

[quote user="MacDouble rides again"]Blimey all is forgiven NW... 2m for Hulse bit much though wouldn''t you agree?[/quote]

just a tad too much...  he is a battering ram and a typical Worthington style, no talent hard worker.  Scores goals and is good in teh air however.  Would do a good job for us but 2 million??

Incredible.

For the last 2 weeks you''ve been posting thread after thread telling us how we''re not doing enough to bring in new players, failling behind while the opposition snap up bargains. 

The moment a story arrives that suggests we''re trying too hard to get a player, that''s not good enough either !

What do you want CJF ?  Let me guess, 2 words, and the second one begins with O.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Incredible.

For the last 2 weeks you''ve been posting thread after thread telling us how we''re not doing enough to bring in new players, failling behind while the opposition snap up bargains. 

The moment a story arrives that suggests we''re trying too hard to get a player, that''s not good enough either !

What do you want CJF ?  Let me guess, 2 words, and the second one begins with O.

[/quote]

I will take every bid and formulate my own opinion thanks.  Yes I would like us to sign players.  No I don''t think Rob Hulse is worth anywhere near 2 million, certainly not considering our squads needs. 1 million is nearer the mark.

In the past I have been happy with every signing - doherty apart, and he has now found his level and is doing a job.  Unfortunatly last season''s signings have been so poor as to make me worried by anybody worthy is going in for.

Can anyone tell me where the "Nobody does transfer business now" quote came from? Or has the "it''s will be a slow summer" quote been twisted?

[quote user="I. Shurmer"]Can anyone tell me where the "Nobody does transfer business now" quote came from? Or has the "it''s will be a slow summer" quote been twisted?
[/quote]

It''s a quote which has been heard from the club/board in close seasons from previous years - every year for the last 3-4 seasons we hear the same rubbish, yet other teams are busily signing up players.

A favourite with several posters on here as Nigel Worthington''s replacement

[Quote]

Who knows there are many candidates I have marked my favorites with a *

Locally doing good jobs:
Mike Newell *
Steve Tilson *
Phil Parkinson *

[/Quote]

gave an interview on BBC Essex this morning saying that it would be crazy to rush into signings right now for the sake of it - more sensible to wait for the right people - and that was exactly what he is doing at present.

[quote user="Canaries for Ever"]

A favourite with several posters on here as Nigel Worthington''s replacement

[Quote]

Who knows there are many candidates I have marked my favorites with a *

Locally doing good jobs:
Mike Newell *
Steve Tilson *
Phil Parkinson *

[/Quote]

gave an interview on BBC Essex this morning saying that it would be crazy to rush into signings right now for the sake of it - more sensible to wait for the right people - and that was exactly what he is doing at present.

[/quote]

Very true, but I notice that Steve Bruce at Birmingham, Dave Jones at Cardiff and Mickey Adams at Coventry and Sheffield Wednesday have already signed the players they wanted in preperation for the season ahead, buys like Danns, Bougherra, Elliot Ward and Chopra are decent players.  In the end results are what matters, lets see if these teams start well, cos if they do we can yet again say norwich city have missed a trick as usual.

As for your list of managers, Southend and Colchester have signed a players already.  Luton have not.

i know that this seems relatively unreaslitic, but, it must be considered that we may be doing late business becasue we are trying to deal with players involved in the world cup.

take carlos edwards for example, he''s just about to put his feet up for the first time since last season started. agreed we''re not going to be going for the stars, but equally so some of the teams, like T&T, have players that could do a job for us, so too other nations.

having a go takes absolutely no thought and very little effort. have a go after the signings not before.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

Very true, but I notice that Steve Bruce at Birmingham

[/quote]Birmingham have just been relegated, they were always going to be more active in this transfer window because they have lost or will lose several players who Prem clubs come in for.

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]

i know that this seems relatively unreaslitic, but, it must be considered that we may be doing late business becasue we are trying to deal with players involved in the world cup.

take carlos edwards for example, he''s just about to put his feet up for the first time since last season started. agreed we''re not going to be going for the stars, but equally so some of the teams, like T&T, have players that could do a job for us, so too other nations.

having a go takes absolutely no thought and very little effort. have a go after the signings not before.

[/quote]

If not players involved in the World Cup, then certainly teams who have players at the World Cup.  Decisions on their players will filter down to decisions on players we will want to sign, say Spurs might not loan us Marney if they get a huge offer for Lennon...