Sign in to follow this  
Official Joe

Ashton & Newcastle

Was there a rumour a few weeks ago about Newcastle being interested in Ashton?  Now that Owen is out for 6 months and Shearer has retired, perhaps they might go in for him and trigger our sell-on clause?

Freddy Sheppard is quoted on the Sky Sports web site that Newcastle now want two new strikers....

http://home.skysports.com/worldcup/article.aspx?hlid=397135&CPID=4&clid=114&lid=&title=Magpies+seeking+double+impact

Am I right in saying that players under a certain age can only move once a year? Therefore Ashton couldnt move until the January window at the earliest? Maybe wrong though.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Am I right in saying that players under a certain age can only move once a year? Therefore Ashton couldnt move until the January window at the earliest? Maybe wrong though.[/quote]

This was said just before Cashton went to West Ham so i think you will find it''s not true!!!!!

[quote user="chocolate nutter"]

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Am I right in saying that players under a certain age can only move once a year? Therefore Ashton couldnt move until the January window at the earliest? Maybe wrong though.[/quote]

This was said just before Cashton went to West Ham so i think you will find it''s not true!!!!!

[/quote]

But from what I remember if you move in the January window, then the next you can move is the next January window (As Ashton did, he moved Jan 05, then left Jan 06).

It may be players over a certain age though, or youth players, cant really remember!

It''s true, but not for people of Ashton''s age.

[quote user="vaz_ncfc"]It''s true, but not for people of Ashton''s age.
[/quote]

Vaz - Cheers, so what is the age? Just of curiosity!

I believe the rule is if you sign someone on a free transfer then you can''t sell them for a fee for a year. I dont believe if you buy someone there is a time period of not being allowed to be sold

you cant sign for 2 clubs twice in the space of 12 months.. hence Liverpoos failed attempt to get Owen back onloan when he was at Real.... the only acception the rule is if ur a Free agent or sign on a Bosman

Dean Ashton actually signed for the Hammers OVER 12 months since he signed for us... if u check the dates....

and we dont know clubs did try to sign him last summer.. all we know is that we offered him a contract.. which i still think was a signal of blindness by the club

jas :)

I''d be VERY suprised if West Ham let him go - they''re going to reap the rewards next season from their excellent buy.    I can''t see Dean wanting to leave the bright lights of East London for the Tyne can you?