Sign in to follow this  
sheded

England V Ecuador

Since this is the big one , I thought it  should be  aired  on this board ?    only a few hours to go , and I  hear reports that the  temperature  in Stuttgart   might be  in the near 90 deg F  !   kriste !  nobody should be forced to run about in that heat ......   for sure its going to have a significant  effect  on the game  , it`ll be a real shame  if we lose because  we`re  all  knackered  !!      which brings up  the question   of which team  is better able to  adapt  ?   Ecuador  is a tropical country , with mountainous interior ,   so they WILL have the advantage of  being used to  the hot  climate  ,  will be interesting to see how England copes ! 

Quite a few of ecudaors players play in Europe though... so Climate maybe will affect them too as they will be use to the cooler conditions of elsewhere.

Nothing will ever beat USA 94 though for temperature... Anyone remember John Aldridge nearly chinning the 4th official over an arguement about Drinks????

If it wasnt for Jack Charlton going ballistic on the sidelines id doubt players would be allowed water on the sidelines now

jas :)

It very much depends on whereabouts in Ecuador they hail from, sheded. If they hail from the coastal regions, then yes, as you say, they will be used to hot conditions. If, however, they are from the highlands then they will be more suited to cool conditions - no more than 13 to 18 degrees centigrade. Don''t forget that Quito, the country''s capital, is more than 9,000 ft above sea level. It seems amazing that England once beat Ecuador there - that is the sort of altitude where some people start to suffer from the atmospheric conditions.

Mexico ''86 was very hot if I remember rightly. However in this game against Ecuador the heat will be a big challenge for the England team but I can''t see it getting in the way of an England Victory. Dont get me wrong though, I think this will be a testing game for England afterall any team that gets to this stage must be quite good. I reckon the final score will be 2-0 to England.

I agree, Resputin.  I cann''t see much difference between England and Norwich!!! and that''s not good.

Well , we " scraped through "  again !    typical of England  ...   we play crap  , and  win !!    I was really impressed with Rooney  , two metatarsial bones broken  only a few weeks ago  , and  makes them have it in broiling heat  for the full 90 !    can we lose with  spirit like that in the side ?    Becks  curling shot   got us through  , and  Ashley Coles   leg kept  out the  prospect of penalty shootouts ,  Lennon just HAS to  be given  a start  in the next match  ,  the few minutes he was on  he looked really dangerous !  

Hope we get Portugal  next .... I think Rooney  wants to make a statement  ! .......[6]

I''m glad we got Portugal instead of Holland. Holland looked better during the group stages than Portugal but Portugal were better on the night. Also their midfield will also be weaker as they have now lost Deco and Costinha for the England game. Obviously England are going to have to up their game a bit but I''m confident it''s a game that we can win.

Was it just me, or did anyone else see the the Norwich flag with "worthy out"? Nice to see NCFC there at least.

yeah I saw that GJD , well funny ! I just imagine people all over the world looking at that and wondering what the hell that means !

[quote user="Jimaldinho"]I''m glad we got Portugal instead of Holland. Holland looked better during the group stages than Portugal but Portugal were better on the night. Also their midfield will also be weaker as they have now lost Deco and Costinha for the England game. Obviously England are going to have to up their game a bit but I''m confident it''s a game that we can win.[/quote]

They say that cheats never prosper ,  and the Dutch got exactly what they deserved ,   they must have  spent weeks practicing  nothing else but dives !   [8o|]

Cheats never prosper Eh.. Portugal and Luis Figo did... see the headbutt??? bet he''s glad the referee didnt..

and it just proves that those microphones they wear are pointless and useless as surely the so called imaginary "5th official" would of seen it and told the ref.

jas :)