Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Green Compensation

I saw yesterday that Newcastle were getting compensation for Michael Owens injury and that all england players are ensured while with their country. This means that we must get compensation for greens injury. Does anyone know how much we could get? Or how much newcastle are getting? Freddy shepperd isnt happy by the compensation, but Newcastle are a big club who would want big money. I doubt that it woulld it be enough to sign a new player (a 6 figure sum). I didnt realise we would get anything, there hasnt been anything about it in the local press. It will probably be more money into the club, never to be seen again.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/5103490.stm

http://www.worldcup365.com/story/0,16726,8501_1273546,00.html

Apparently  there`s no compensation  paid to  clubs who have players injured whilst competing in the world cup  ?   

There`s also  the fact that Greeno  was only playing a friendly ! 

Maybe FIFA  would sooner  pay funds to their  dodgy cronies than to clubs losing their best players ?   Blatter  and co   should be investigated  by international  crime fighters  ASAP !

[quote user="sheded"]

http://www.worldcup365.com/story/0,16726,8501_1273546,00.html

Apparently  there`s no compensation  paid to  clubs who have players injured whilst competing in the world cup  ?   

There`s also  the fact that Greeno  was only playing a friendly ! 

Maybe FIFA  would sooner  pay funds to their  dodgy cronies than to clubs losing their best players ?   Blatter  and co   should be investigated  by international  crime fighters  ASAP !

[/quote]

I`ll  amend that by  adding that Newcastle  will only get paid  Owens wages  while he`s out of action ,   what about the effect  on that club of losing a key player  for 6 months ?  what if  it got them relegated ?   the FA insure players  in the world cup  , but where does FIFA  come into this  ?   apparently   they don`t give a ratsass   !  

i''ll try and find a link - i know that i definately read it somewhere:

There is a £6m kitty to re-imburse clubs for injuries that occured during the world cup if the player is injured for more than 28 days. Owen''s does count, not Greeno''s because it was in a friendly

they should compensate the FA who should put the money into grass roots/lower league football... but it wont happen sadly :(

jas :)

Maybe Green can compensate Norwich by giving some of his wages back due to his poor, want-away season... :)