Sign in to follow this  
jersey yellow

Signings that would make a difference!!!!

Three names to mention

Central Defender - Clarke Carlisle (QPR)
Midfielder / striker - Lee Morris (Derby)
Striker - Mikael Forrsaell (spelt wrong I know, Chelsea - season long loan)

With these three players - play offs definately in reach, come on Worthington, one decent signing in Francis so far, Brennan will have to wait and see - but two of these three would be great - thoughts????

My mate is a Derby supporter and says Lee Morris is really not that good.

Mikael Forrsaell [wrong i know] fantastic idea, a brilliant player, proven he can score, not too sure whether he would be willing to drop down a division? did he not spend last season on loan in Germany? Chelsea have a glut of strikers, you never know!!!

Never heard of Carlisle?
Morris would be interesting but would they let him go?
Forsell won''t come and we couldn''t afford him.

i reckon Chopra would be good investment, Young, lots to prove and proven first division goalscorer as we saw last season with Watford. Lua Lua would also be interesting, desperate to establish himself in the Newcastle pickings.

also what about Alidiere (probably spelt wrong) from Arsenal, young and quality and wont get much of a look in the Arsenal First string?

Roberts came back to show what we have been missing, and what we need,a big front man to play off, simple as that ,Worthers knows we need a big fella up front and what does the board do? Offer peanuts......well in my experience you pay peanuts you get monkeys!! Let''s back the manager and let him buy the players he wants to bring to the club rather than watch him shop in the bargin basement.
If we were losing out to premier clubs i wouldnt mind but for crying out loud we can''t compete with first division clubs. Let''s hear it straight from the board, either they are backing Worthers or they are hamstinging him in front of us,when are we going to get an explanation about our lack of progress from the board explaining why we can''t match reasonable demands!!

I agree that a target man is the prime object for the club and someone should be found quickly.

As an earlier poster noted this year the 1st division is full of average teams making it an open year. As such we need to take advantage whilst we can & they need to be found now.

The addition of a target man who can hold the ball up, have a little pace and last a full 90 minutes all season is a key facet of the Worthy game plan - it is almost irrelevant whether they get the 20 goals a season that Worthy also craves as the hold up of the ball creates space for our defence and enables the midfield to get forward - and when the do as we have seen they can score. It is that outlet that will win us games - not a predator who can not help ease pressure when Malky feels the need to hoof it again. Some one like (& I am not recommending him) like Ipoua who will put themselves about is perfect for our needs right now.

Still cannot believe that we didn''t make more of the prospect of signing strikers on frees this summer, surely one from Carl Asaba, Jack Lester, Gifton Noel Williams, Dele Adebola, Tommy Mooney, Dean Windass wud have done a job 4 us for FREE. I agree that a 20 goal striker is not necessarily our priority, just someone with a bit of presence up front that can come in and do a Roberts job, which he did very well against Wimbledon, but is unlikely 2 do a job at Forest.

Now we find ourselves beaten 2 every target and really no one of real quality to buy, loan market our only real option. We need someone like Darren Huckerby, Carl Cort, Lua Lua, Forssell, Chopra soon!! Why we didn''t try and get Neil Mellor when we cud have offered him a start in the side which he is not going to get at West Ham. Clearly Roberts is still the best partner for McVeigh at the club, but that partnership will not improve our away form or get us promoted.

I am a little confused that the board told Worthy they would fund two strikers and we subsequently lost David Neilson from the payroll but still continue to look for basement buy strikers. I agree that a quality player like Darren Huckerby could turn our fortunes round in a similar way to what he achieved at Forest last season.
We are surely kidding ourselves if we read too much into Roberts performance against Wimbledon, who might well prove to be the poorest side we will see at Carrow Road this season. After all he hardly set the world alight, despite playing all last season.

Lisbie would be brill but will Worthy do it? I personally would make the phone call for him but I doubt it would help

Nothing like a bit of old post revival to bring some much needed perspective to the proceedings... ;-)

Ama