Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Palace; the fall of.

I suppose when you look at the situation at Palace, it makes us look pretty good!

Johnson and Hall have left, therefore their attack and denfence looks much weaker than before. Dowie has left, the man who has guided them to success in the past 2 years.

I predict a mid-table season for the Palace, your thoughts on that situation?

[quote user="The voice of the Thorpe Area"]

I suppose when you look at the situation at Palace, it makes us look pretty good!

Johnson and Hall have left, therefore their attack and denfence looks much weaker than before. Dowie has left, the man who has guided them to success in the past 2 years.

I predict a mid-table season for the Palace, your thoughts on that situation?

[/quote]

And btw it looks like Peter Taylor is going to try and replace Fitz Hall with the impressive Leon Cort from his former club Hull City.  Leon Cort is the guy whom scored against us home and away from corners last season for Hull. He is lining up a £750,000 bid.

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=82&story=3122

I predict another good season for palace, their manager has a history of promotions, and has impressed in every managerial job he has had apart from his time at Leicester.

and their new manager will bring in good players to replace the ones that have left, something we wont be saying about new signings here. Starting with Leon Cort the hull defender apparently.

Peter Taylor is a qulaity manager and IMO is more likely to bring Palace success than Dowie,so no I dont think their situation is as worse than ours.

I reckon Peter Taylor would have been told by Simon Jordan that key players would have to leave but would not be sold on the cheap. Probably what attracted Peter Taylor to Palace was the fact that once those players had been sold he could recoup a fair amount of the money to be spent on new players. Munby said during the week that Worthington wouldn''t have as much to spend like he had in previous seasons. So palace appear to be in a situation that whoever they want to sign they can....must be horrible eh?

Palace much much better off than Norwich , at least they could hang onto their star striker for a whole season unlike us , they will probably reinvest the money they are getting on players too unlike us .Dowie may have left but in Taylor they have a first class manager unlike us .Untill we remove Worthy we will continue to go backwards.

alot of the problem at Palace is Simon Jordan.. he isnt as great as the media seem to think he is..

How manay managers have Palace had since he took over from Mark Goldberg in 2000? and look at the treatment of them all, Brucve, Francis, Kember.. even Dowie.. 2 weeks before he was sacked Jordan was saying how good he was and how there was much more to come from him on "the Championship" bet he doesnt say that now eh..

Also, Jordan slags off other chairman and sees himself as above them or as some sort of "uber chairman" because his club have played in the premiership recently... i think he is fully responsible for the decline of palace and it wouldnt surpise me if the fans dont get fed up of him next season.

jas :)

how do ya reckon that palarse are much better off than us when they don''t even own their own ground!