Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Foley was told he had been sacked from an outside source

What a great manager and good man we have in charge.  I am sorry but here is the latest low remark and comment aimed by a former staff member to the management at carrow road.  It doesnt come as a surprise to me that this is the case considering how our club is going at the moment, im sure a few binners are having a laugh at our expense:

Foley says he enjoyed his decade at Carrow Road despite the way it ended: "I had ten good years with Norwich and helped the club gain a place in the Premiership.

"Better men than me have been sacked and I can take that on board. But it was disappointing to hear about my dismissal in May from an outside source."

http://ipswichtown.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=911&p=2&stid=8414558

that isnt true Paul...

I know someone who knows Foley and he knew he was going before the season ended. I cant say too much about it as it could make a sit-ee-ay-shun awkward for someone

jas :)

[quote user="ridgeman"]Foley actually said on Radio Norfolk that he found out Norwich were touting for a new coach half way through last season from friends outside this club. That was from the man himself.[/quote]

Was that about the time former shelf stacker Keith ''yes man'' Webb started coaching the first team?

The man is gone - lets just move on shall we?  He made himself unpopular with a lot of fans after his "One in the eye" comment in January, so why all of a sudden do we have to feel sorry for him.

He asked to be judged at the end of season and the judgement was - not good enough!  He made his bed, simple as that. 

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

The man is gone - lets just move on shall we?  He made himself unpopular with a lot of fans after his "One in the eye" comment in January, so why all of a sudden do we have to feel sorry for him.

He asked to be judged at the end of season and the judgement was - not good enough!  He made his bed, simple as that. 

[/quote]

So did the clown.  But I still see that man in charge.

[quote user="Alan"]What was foley''s one in the eye comment?  I must have missed it.[/quote]

After we won 5 games on the trot in december Steve Foley said "Thats one on the chin of the Worthy Outers"

we proceeded to fail to win in January and not do much better in february.

And in shjowing loyalty and sticking up for his manager he got the sack.  Loyalty shown but none given.  Now we have ''yes man'' Hunter with his UEFA coaching badges.  So he paid the £5000 to attend the course and receive the certificate.......  Whoopee bloody doo......

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

[quote user="Alan"]What was foley''s one in the eye comment?  I must have missed it.[/quote]

After we won 5 games on the trot in december Steve Foley said "Thats one on the chin of the Worthy Outers"

And in shjowing loyalty and sticking up for his manager he got the sack.  Loyalty shown but none given.  Now we have ''yes man'' Hunter with his UEFA coaching badges.  So he paid the £5000 to attend the course and receive the certificate.......  Whoopee bloody doo......

[/quote]

That''s good, slag off the new guy after two days in the job.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Paul Rankin"]

[/quote]

That''s good, slag off the new guy after two days in the job.

[/quote]

Well, you know how it is...  Hopefully he is a decent coach but as has been said on here innumerable times, the idiot is the guy making the decisions.

Well he''s got to be bad because Worthy chose him. Let''s boo him at pre-season. The board HAVE to get the message we won''t put up with any more. Before we know it he''ll be playing left backs in the centre of midfield. LEFT BACKS IN THE CENTRE OF MIDFIELD!!!!!!!!!

I would have sympathy for the man, but he''s gone to scum, so he IS scum. Don''t get me wrong.. i do apprieciate what he did for this club.. but saying i hope him well is saying i hope Ipswich well.. which i NEVER will.

Agent Foley, like agent Marshall will do wonderful for ''Binners'' lets hope! As for the new coach well never heard of him, but that says more about my lack of in depth football knowledge than about him.

If we perform well then he will get the credit, if we perform badly than Worthy will cop the flack. Sounds like a win, win situation for the new coach!