Sign in to follow this  
Pauly H

THE NEST - Final Promo

Hi All

Its that time again...The latest and final promotional offering from the latest fansite.

Check out the video here http://www.thenest-ncfc.co.uk/

Thanks again to all those who are already registered and to those who continue to help us test the site this week. We are still launching this Saturday so hopefullly see you all there.

Thanks again for your time

Pauly

It''s good to see a City webpage that allows interaction on the main pages from visitor not just a forum, as we know alot of us do like to hear the sound of our own voice or read the text we''ve type blazing before our eyes

Is it me but does the logo remind anyone of the Dharma Collective logo and the video look similiar in style to the Dharma Collective initiaion video of the C4 series: ''Lost''..?

It is the same. I wonder if you can nick someones artwork like that?

I did mention it on the noticeboard section a few days ago where the site is also advertised.

Is it perhaps a reference to the site owners view of the state of the club at present? 

Congratulations on your conection, you are indeed right the logo is based on ancient i-ching hexagrams like the Dharma Initiative logo, which I might add are certainly not exclusive to dharma or the lost creators. The art work of the swan would be perhaps be considered a breach of copyright but we don''t use that.

In responce to ZLF the creators are Lost fans so the logo and orientation videos are spoofing the series and are in no way a reflection on our personal views on the club

Pauly H, I didn''t mean my posting in a disparaging way, I am a fan of ''Lost'' and also own a book about I-ching which explains to a degree what various I-ching symbols mean.
The reason I posted was that the usage of I-ching, and the way the video is presented, I saw some similarities with the ''Lost series iconology.
For the record, I am quite excited to see what this new website has to offer and have registered already.
Hope all goes well with the launch.

Incidentally, did you use random I-ching traigrams? or does your user icon hold hidden meanings and clues? Or is this just my suspicious mind..?

Thanks for your interest Anderz its sounds very much as though

you know at lot more than us on the subject and your post was not recieved in a

disparaging way my friend. Our logo unfortunately doesn''t make any sense at

present and is a replica of the dharma out line, but we would certainly welcome

any input you could give us on that particular subject so we could make a

meaningful and relevant logo for the future. Due to the nature of our site,

which you will no doubt see soon, the level of interaction is quite high and we

actively encourage all user comments and suggestions.