I think he will prove to be a good signing for the club if he gets a good run in the team and can stay injury free, although I still have not forgiven him for not delivering on his promise to his brother who I was working with at the same summer camp in the USA in 2004 that he would sort us out with some tickets to see United in New Jersey while they were on their summer tour!

he will be forgiven if he scores and provides plenty in the coming season should we land him!

Looks like you''ve been very selective there Paul. You just chose three quotes from a massive list.

Could you try and be impartial when you are doing your reporter on the road bit? It would only be fair.

Paul Rankin, the Brittania Stadium, Stoke.........................................................................

Paul, I think Worthington''s underhand tactics are purely to unsettle Chadwick so he asks for a move - a great idea! Good on you Nige, play the game just like the rest of them do

ie The mighty Rafa Benitez at Liverpool saying "Tottenham are desperate to sell us Jermain Defoe" when they clearly weren''t!

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

Looks like you''ve been very selective there Paul. You just chose three quotes from a massive list.

Could you try and be impartial when you are doing your reporter on the road bit? It would only be fair.

Paul Rankin, the Brittania Stadium, Stoke.........................................................................

[/quote]

To be fair they seem to rate him as a player.  Just seems he has fitness problems.  Apparantly his family live near cambridge and he would like to move to be nearer to them!!!

I would like us to sign him.

[quote user=""]

HANDS OFF OUR LUKE
More Headlines | Back to home page
Be the first reader to comment on this story

11:06 - 29 June 2006
Stoke City have issued a hands off warning to Norwich City following an inquiry for Luke Chadwick. Canaries manager Nigel Worthington was keen to acquire the services of the 25-year-old winger for his problematic right-hand side, but has been told to look elsewhere by the club.

The ex-Manchester United player was only signed by Stoke from West Ham for £100,000 in January and the club have no intentions of letting him go.

Chadwick signed a two-and-a-half year contract when he put pen to paper, and although he suffered with fitness towards the end of the season, he was a player the club are keen to keep.

Chief executive Tony Scholes confirmed that an initial approach had been made by the Championship side and that it was turned down immediately.

He said: "I can confirm that an approach was made by Norwich City for Luke Chadwick, but our response was to reject it out of hand.

"It was just an initial inquiry whether we would consider an offer from Norwich City and that was turned down as we are not in the habit of selling our best players."

Chadwick netted only three times in his 37 starts last season, but was seen as one of the most impressive players in the side.

Although having shone under the regime of Johan Boskamp, Chadwick had been a target for current manager Tony Pulis in his first spell in charge.

Pulis stated he had no intention of selling his best players, and that included the exciting Chadwick.

He said: "I did not know anything about the inquiry from Norwich City, but one thing that I will say is that at Stoke City we have no intention of selling our best players.

"Luke is a good player and important to the team."

www.thisisthesentinel.co.uk/stokecity

[/quote]