halford shackell doherty drury

etuhu safri koumas

mcveigh

hulse           earnshaw

wishful thinking i know

what would be your ideal team

No Hucks?

I''d go with:

Gallacher; Spillane, Doherty, Shackell, Drury; McVeigh, Etuhu, Safri, Huckerby; McKenzie, Earnshaw.

I''ve not included any potential signings because there''s no guarantee we''ll get anyone at this rate!!

Gallacher

Docherty, Shackell, Drury, Spillane

Etuhu, Huckerby, Hughes, Safri

Earnshaw, McKenzie

(Would like to see Davenport instead of Spillane tho, and MAYBE JJ to swap with Leon for some games)

Gallagher

Spillane            Doherty/Cort        Shackall         Drury

Halford            Safri               Koumas            Huckerby

Earnshaw      Hulse

Subs

Lewis, Doherty/cort, mcveigh, etuhu, eastwood

Plus, fleming, rossi J, Clarke, colin, robinson, commons, henderson, jarvis, mckenzie, fisk, gusterson, eagle, ( i think they are the 3 we kept)

We still sell green for hopefully 2 .5 million, sell mckenzie for 500k, also get rid of hughes, MlJ (sorry!or colin) and thorne. Plus the money we have already and so we have 5 million to spend, split up like this

Cort - £1million

Clarke - Free

Halford - 750k

Koumas - 1.5m

Hulse- 1.5m

Then i win the lottery, or we find some money somehow to spend on

Commons - 500k

Eastwood - 800k

That squad would win the lague, a nice dream.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

Gallagher

Earnshaw      Hulse

Subs

Plus, fleming, rossi J, Clarke, colin, robinson, commons, henderson, jarvis, mckenzie, fisk, gusterson, eagle, ( i think they are the 3 we kept)

We still sell green for hopefully 2 .5 million, sell mckenzie for 500k, also get rid of hughes, MlJ (sorry!or colin) and thorne. Plus the money we have already and so we have 5 million to spend, split up like this

Cort - £1million

Clarke - Free

Halford - 750k

Koumas - 1.5m

Hulse- 1.5m

Commons - 500k

Eastwood - 800k

[/quote]

why will anyone pay 2.5 million for an injured goalkeeper when they wont be able to use him until Christmas with no guarentee that he''s going to be the same when he comes back?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Matt Hudson"]

Gallagher

Earnshaw      Hulse

Subs

Cort - £1million

Clarke - Free

Halford - 750k

Koumas - 1.5m

Hulse- 1.5m

Commons - 500k

Eastwood - 800k

[/quote]

why will anyone pay 2.5 million for an injured goalkeeper when they wont be able to use him until Christmas with no guarentee that he''s going to be the same when he comes back?

jas :)

[/quote]

I was following on from what the previous poster said about your ideal team. This would be my ideal team, and i added that it would be a nice dream indicating it wont happen. I am not saying that green is going to go when injured, he wont but its my ideal team - a dream, what i would love to see, not what i think will happen.

As we seem to have very little cash:

Gallacher

MLJ         Doc         Shackell   Drury

Halford    Etuhu    Safri       McVeigh

Huckerby
                  Earnshaw

Bench:

Lewis
Mckenzie
Robinson
Spillane
Henderson/Jarvis

This is my ideal team to start the season:

Gallacher

New RB             Doc                           Shackell         Drury

New CM             Safri              Lee Cook

Hucks

New ST          Earnie

I feel that Worthington needs to make 4 potential signings to complete the starting eleven. I know I''d like to see us sign Lee Cook to replace Hucks on the left and give Hucks a free role just behind a new striker and Earnie. I''m not sure who we could sign to fill the right back position at the moment or the midfield position I''ve left blank. Then obviously we would have to sign 1 or 2 cheap back up players to occupy the bench.

yeh id like to see that too jimaldinho, the problem being lee cook has just signed a new 2 year contract!! this greg halford sounds good but i cant see us buying him and i dont think a new right back will come in either...i do think and hope that he''ll buy a right winger though and obivusly a target man to play off earnie..who theyre are we obivusly dont know yet....the rumour mill is normally crazy this time of year and still weve been linked with ONLY ONE PLAYER.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

As we seem to have very little cash:

Gallacher

MLJ         Doc         Shackell   Drury

Halford    Etuhu    Safri       McVeigh

Huckerby
                  Earnshaw

Bench:

Lewis
Mckenzie
Robinson
Spillane
Henderson/Jarvis

[/quote]

despite me getting increasingly angry about the lack of transfer activity............the above team is pretty good!!!! sort out the right wing (with halford) huckerby up front could be an unexpected effort by NW!

o well.................were just going to have to wait!!!

My Team if Worhtless wasn''t in charge

GALLAGER

HALFORD                DOHERTY                          SHACKELL         DRURY

EDWARDS               SAFRI                                  KOUMAS              HUCKERBY

EARNSHAW             HAWLEY

SUBS

LEWIS, SPILLANE, ETUHU, KNIGHT, COMMONS

HALFORD-500,000K

EDWARDS-750,000K

KOUMAS-LOAN WITH VIEW TO PEMERNANT MOVE

HAWLEY-500,00K

KNIGHT-1M

COMMONS-500,00K 

Just to make a small update - As we seem to have very little cash it includes 1 major signing - plus any backup players:

Gallacher

MLJ                            Doc         Shackell   Drury

Halford/Edwards    Etuhu    Safri       McVeigh

Huckerby
                                    Earnshaw

Bench:

Lewis
Mckenzie
Robinson
Spillane
Henderson/Jarvis

I beleive this formation would work with a stronger player in Erny''s position - but would it work with Erny??

Also I would be happy with either Halford or Edwards - both hard working players with some ability.

Yea because i would a 1m on Zat Knight, and of course Fulum would let him go even though he is there best defender........NO i meant Leon Knight of Swansea, and if you spend 500,000 on commons it would at least bring Hucks back down to earth and keep him on his toes.

[quote user="Chapman Baxter"]Genius, let''s spend £1.5m on two bench players. Also, if you mean Zat Knight, he''s crap.
[/quote]

Is Chapman Baxter your real name or an homage to the best Elvis-loving serial killer ever created on telly?

is it me or is luke chadwick a bit ugly.... i know it dunt matter as long as he good but jst thought id raise the subjesct... also carlos edwards would be better

[quote user="joshmickelburgh"]is it me or is luke chadwick a bit ugly....

[/quote]

Yeah, and I only go to eye up the players, I''m gutted...

I would think they''re wont be the wholesome changes we all expect/want.  A right sided midfielder and Striker are probably the only two positions we''ll fill, unless Green goes and we bank the money.

So I propose the following will start against Leeds.

Gallacher

MLJ/Fleming                     Docherty            Shackell               Drury

Hughes/AN Other            Safri                  Etuhu                     Huckerby

Earnshaw            McKenzie/AN Other

Subs:   5 from Lewis, Robinson, McVeigh, Spillane, Ryan Jaris, Hendo,

With the new coach coming on board and having already worked with the likes of Henderson, Jarvis he''ll have his own opinion of where they are and where they need to be, so don''t be surprised if both are loaned out to get them the experience we need.

Don''t get me wrong, I''d love to see 4-5 new faces, but I suspect we''ll keep with the core - remember when we won the Championship, we held the core players for the majority of the close season then on to the league.