Sign in to follow this  
gazban

Wot No Signings

So Worthy claims that everyone is on holiday and that is why no transfers have been made. Well look at this site and that really puts that excuse to bed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/5037292.stm

I''m hearing more about players leaving than coming ( the wrong ones IMO) and any mention of interest in a good player and they are promptly snapped up by a prem team or the relegated teams.

We''re doomed!

Seems to me that worthy is going to hany himself by his own rope!!! He knows the fans are not happy, so instead of moving quickly and making signings he does nothing!!! Guess we must have exhausted all those players who can run a lot but cant actually play football!!! Gary Holt, Andy Hughes etc.....

I must admit.. i''m starting to get a little concerned how we haven''t seen a transfer yet... and the players are now back in pre-season training. But i feel we''ll start signing soon; the transfer rumours have started to pick up alot, JJ, Hulse, chadwick etc..

We must remember to remind Birmingham and Coventry for a start that no body does any transfer buisiness at this time.

Just go to show that Worthy must be on a different planet from every one else. 

[quote user="Notts Canary"]

Seems to me that worthy is going to hany himself by his own rope!!! He knows the fans are not happy, so instead of moving quickly and making signings he does nothing!!! Guess we must have exhausted all those players who can run a lot but cant actually play football!!! Gary Holt, Andy Hughes etc.....

[/quote]Leave off Gary Holt. He was part of the squad that got us promoted.Short memory....

Oh, please!Apart from the plethora of free transfers (wouldn''t that go down well with everyone, if Worthington had snapped up half a dozen of those?), who are we talking about?Perhaps Elliot Ward for £1 million, or Neil Danns for £500,000 - I sincerely hope we''re not upset about not getting Danny Pugh for £250,000, or for missing out on the chance to splash £2.5 million on Claude Davis!As for mighty yellows whinge - I don''t recall many of the fans giving Jarrett a chance - perhaps the pot & kettle could argue it out later over who''s blackest.Most transfers have had to wait (Blackwell only got back from holiday last week to talk about Hulse). It''s frustrating, but understandable.

"Leave off Gary Holt. He was part of the squad that got us promoted.
Short memory...."

Yes he was in that team and to be fair did a reasonable job, but you could never say he was cultured on the ball, say like in the Ian Crook mould. Just really making the point that I hope we get back to the passing game!

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Oh, please!

Apart from the plethora of free transfers (wouldn''t that go down well with everyone, if Worthington had snapped up half a dozen of those?), who are we talking about?
Perhaps Elliot Ward for £1 million, or Neil Danns for £500,000 - I sincerely hope we''re not upset about not getting Danny Pugh for £250,000, or for missing out on the chance to splash £2.5 million on Claude Davis!

As for mighty yellows whinge - I don''t recall many of the fans giving Jarrett a chance - perhaps the pot & kettle could argue it out later over who''s blackest.

Most transfers have had to wait (Blackwell only got back from holiday last week to talk about Hulse). It''s frustrating, but understandable.
[/quote]

It looks to me like there have been a fair few players we could have signed, Alan Mahon for £200,000 a player whom has impressed at every club he has played for in this division.  Bougherra for free would have been a capable right back, Hartson for £500K would have been a perfect foil for Erny.  McPhail for free would have added some passing ability to the midfield.  Chopra scores goals.

Further afield QPR have signed one of Australia best young players, Southampton have signed Marcelo Sarmiento from an Argy club on loan.

To be fair to Claude Davis he was part of Preston''s magnificent defense that shut us out both home and away.  Blackwell had been on a 4 day break by the way.

And just to add my usual twist - all seem better deals than £550,000 for you know who [;)] what a main signing of the summer he was.  We are so lucky Worthy snared his man.

it does all boil down to the fact that Worthy waits until the last possible minute.. he likes his May- June/July rest... likes to have his players back under his wing.. he sticks with them through the friendlies to get their firntess up knowing the Loan list is his way out...

i think Worthy is a little bit lost in the transfer market... i also think he doesnt know who the good players are... Ok so he signed Hucks and Earnshaw.. but any idiot with a basic knowledge of the game could of told u they were quality...

How many Gems has Worthy unearthed? how many players has he bought here and turned into stars? how many "older statesmen" has he bought to the club and given a new lease of life.. he signs whoever is availble when he can.. even if they are the weakest link

jas :)

Well the next couple of weeks are crunch time.   Most contracts run until today (30th June) and the club are now back in training.   With 5 weeks to go ideally now is the time to sgn- minimal wage wastage and maximum intergration time with the new team.  I will suprised and extremely disappointed if the next two weeks dont see some signings unveiled.

teams who havent signed players

Barnsley
Derby
Ipswich
Luton
Norwich
Plymouth
Sunderland

People have been worried, well we are lagging behind most championship teams, and four of those have had a change of manager or are still looking for one!!

you know what this stinks of to me - Lazyness,  pure utter Lazyness from the inept management team enjoying their extra long holidays [ip]. I guess they felt they deserved a long break after the exceptional jobs they think they did last season!!

A JOKE.

The scum have got Healy on trial at the moment which is as good as signing a player. I think that Barnsley are on the verge of completing the transfer of some Scarborough player. Sunderland are still in negotiations with Niall Quinn about taking over as the owner and I''m not even sure who their manager is at the moment (Kevin Ball last time I checked but was that permanant?). Plymouth have only just appointed ''Olly as their manager, likewise with Derby. They all sound pretty good enough excuses to me. What are ours and Lutons excuse''s I wonder?

Luton are broke and we are waiting for the best buys near the start of the season to give the management another excuse for a poor start.

I see Coventry signed Brentford''s Jay Tabb and Southend have signed Left Back Stevie Hammell from Motherwell.  Didnt Palace sign Hull''s Leon Cort yesterday.