Sign in to follow this  
pickle79

TESTIMONIAL TO REMEMBER

Flem''s testimonial has been set up for a game with Newcastle United, should be a good game and one to remember, I hope.

When it was announced for me it braught back memories of the night Genoa(excuse the spelling) came for Jerry Goss''s testimonial,  a great game with even oldies like John Deehan  getting involved.

What was the best testimonial though, im sure evryone has a different opinion.

I enjoyed Tim Sheppards testimonial against Celtic. I remember they bought a huge army of fans which helped create a brilliant atmosphere that night. I think we went 2-0 up which seemed great at the time as we were a very poor side back then only to lose 4-2 as the golden oldies were given a run out in the second half. Also I saw one of the best goals at carrow road which was the Henrick Larsson volley. I''m not sure whether I imagined this or not but did Bellars make a guest appearance that night?

i enjoyed Martin Peters'' testimonial where the 66 World Cup winners were reunited for the night, the score was 4-2 but I can''t remember who won. 18000 crowd in the days when City struggled to average 15000 in the top division.

Hang on half a minute.

Testimonials were there for players who had committed the majority of their playing years to a club in the days when they got paid an average salary to help them in later life.

Craig Fleming has been an excellent servant to this club for which he has been paid a very handsome salary for a very comfortable way of living that requires he do nothing once his playing days are over.

If the money went to a charity I''d book my tickets tomorrow, in actual fact it should be the other way around. Craig Fleming welcomes all season ticket holders to Carrow Road as a way of thanking the crowd for 10 years of excellent support.

Now that would be a testimonial to remember.

[quote user="Jimaldinho"]I enjoyed Tim Sheppards testimonial against Celtic. I remember they bought a huge army of fans which helped create a brilliant atmosphere that night. I think we went 2-0 up which seemed great at the time as we were a very poor side back then only to lose 4-2 as the golden oldies were given a run out in the second half. Also I saw one of the best goals at carrow road which was the Henrick Larsson volley. I''m not sure whether I imagined this or not but did Bellars make a guest appearance that night?[/quote]

Belluz did indeed.

It was also the last time we sawCedric Anselin in a city shirt...shame...

jas:)