Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Who needs a 30 year old left back?

Who needs an aging 30 year old left back when we already have have Adam

Druey and probably one or two decent youngsters as backup? We might as

well have kept Simon Charlton What a waste of money!

New manager needed quick!

[quote user="Canary Boy"]Who needs an aging 30 year old left back when we already have have Adam Druey and probably one or two decent youngsters as backup? We might as well have kept Simon Charlton What a waste of money!

[/quote]

Exactly CB!.

What happened to Worthy''s ''Young and Hungry'' philosphy then?.

Crasy and certifiable.

I hate to say this but feel these are the sort of players that we are going to be going for.  Why change the habit of a life time.  We will end up with players in the 30''s who have been let go by their clubs - journeymen and players on loan.   Dont get too excited about anybody of high quality coming to Carrow Road it just wont happen.  After all, the club has got all it''s money from season tickets so why should they waste it on decent players.  Feel another season like last season just waiting to happen.

It''s the 14th of June 2006, and you''ve given up on the 06 / 07 season already ?  This board is clogged with incessent negativity based on hearsay, extensions of hearsay, reading between the lines, and random rubbish that appears to be plucked out of the air by tabloid journalists or hobby web-moaners.  How about thinking about how it could work for the better for a change ?

You never know, people at Carrow Road might just suprise you, by proving that they know what they''re doing...

blahblahblah, I couldnt have put it better myself.  The Mo Camara source came from the Sun, as credible source as football rumours and everyone on this post are going on as if we''ve signed him, like everyone and his dog who have been linked with us in the past couple of months.

We''re all Managers, scouts, Chair people and coaches BUT MOST OF ALL SUPPORTERS.  So lets Support the club with the decisions they will make over the next two months, and  maybe just maybe there might be some positive responses before long.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

You never know, people at Carrow Road might just suprise you, by proving that they know what they''re doing...

[/quote]

well, if they do everything in a different way to how they did it last year perhaps.....  Doubt it though

[/quote]

well, if they do everything in a different way to how they did it last year perhaps.....  Doubt it though

It''s the 14th of June 2006, and you''ve given up on the 06 / 07 season already ?  This board is clogged with incessent negativity based on hearsay, extensions of hearsay, reading between the lines, and random rubbish that appears to be plucked out of the air by tabloid journalists or hobby web-moaners.  How about thinking about how it could work for the better for a change ?

[/quote]

I know where you are coming from blahblah but consider the following.

The Premiership season was unacceptable, but most fans bit their tongue having felt we were going to battle for promotion last season. Some of course wanted Worthy out then.

Last season was attrocious, and what happened last season (for whatever reason doesnt matter) a considerable number of fans feel / felt cheated by their board. If the board are custodians of our club then to say that the majority want worthy out, but to continue backing him is a dangerous gamble.

It is up to the board to offer the fans something to whet the appetite and change the feeling / mood, not up to the fans to forget the dire football that more often than not has been witnessed for the last two seasons. That is the crux of the matter. Until the food for thought is offered, most will continue, rightly or wrongly on the mood of last season.

I accept that not all fans want(ed) worthy out, but equally can you give any good reasons to suggest next season will be any different? Yes, Worthington got us up, but you could equally argue that he messed up last season. He''s done it once, he can do it again works both ways and it will always be the most recent that sticks in peoples minds.

Yes of course I want to get promotion, I even want Worthy to get Manager of the Month every month next season, but equally so I''d love a private jet, a villa on some remote island and be served cuisine by the bird from scapheap challenge, but that doesn''t say i think it will happen.

Drury is fairly injury free,doesnt get suspended and his form is ok... Another left back wont play.. i agree we should of kept Charlie or Brennan as they knew their role and were content with it...

Rossi... talking of the bird from Scrap heap challenge.. does she look Familiar??? Think back the the playoff final.... u could of been 100 yards away from her at 1 point

jas:)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Rossi... talking of the bird from Scrap heap challenge.. does she look Familiar??? Think back the the playoff final.... u could of been 100 yards away from her at 1 point

[/quote]

you wont spoil my dream jas !lol!

[quote user="City Till I Die"]

well  put rossi for once a post that looks at both sides of the argument and is accurate.

[/quote]

why thank you city till i die - i can go off on one every now and again, but i do try and remain focused and reasonable. judging by the response that i got in flems testimonial re: demo v Northampton, the number of multiple threads and repeat quotes, I''m beginning to think the most supported club has the most illiterate supporters.

[quote]If the board are custodians of our club then to say that the majority want worthy out, but to continue backing him is a dangerous gamble.[/quote]

I have seen no evidence that of the 24,000 people that attend Norwich home matches, that the majority want him out.  I''ve heard chants in the ground at the QPR match, I''ve seen one protest of about a thousand after the Ipswich game and then a loss of momentum.  It is alarming that protests have got to this stage though.

[quote]It is up to the board to offer the fans something to whet the appetite and change the feeling / mood, not up to the fans to forget the dire football that more often than not has been witnessed for the last two seasons. That is the crux of the matter. Until the food for thought is offered, most will continue, rightly or wrongly on the mood of last season.[/quote]

I totally agree with you on this point.  However, dragging up every tiny possible crumb of information and denouncing it as a sign of foreboding, as The Wizard, CJF and others are prone to do, does the following :

It creates a false impression of a club in turmoil when in fact we have a very tightly managed club, run by competant professionals. 

The sheer glutinous morass of junk posts swamp the better constructed arguments put forward by the thinkers of this board, such as Tumbleweed, Zippers Left Foot, Chicken etc, making a half decent debate a very tricky thing to have.  I consider that a shame, as i enjoy reading in depth, well-thought out posts a lot more than I do back-biting, resorting to acronyms, and nonsense dragged up from tabloids.

blah blah, in a previous statement from ncfc - it was either munby or doncaster - said that their shared opinion was that the majority wanted him out.

period.

[quote user="Canary Boy"]Who needs an aging 30 year old left back when we already have have Adam Druey and probably one or two decent youngsters as backup? We might as well have kept Simon Charlton What a waste of money!

[/quote]

Been away for a few days. Nice to see that when I come back the thread at the top of the page is another one criticizing the manager purely based on nothing more than a rumour.

He will always be criticised because Norwich City fans hate the man , and with good cause. Would any other club in this country suffer the fool ? no not a chance , hes a parasite feeding of  an old woman who does not have the bottle to sack him.