Sign in to follow this  
City 4eva

Transfer Budget

What happened to all the money for example the rest of the dean ashton money we got and the rest of the damien francis money we got for wigan staying up? please someone tell me?

Who knows?  But I suspect that there is next to none left having spent it on

• loan signings wages
  • purchases such as earnie/robbo/etuhu
  • players wages
  • paying off foleys contract
  • agents fees
  • capital expenidture on property developments
  • some set aside for a rainy day?

My source may be incorrect but tells me that there will not be much beyond 7 figures to ''invest'' in the squad this summer.

All we can do is assess the squad a couple of weeks before the season starts to see how well planned this season is.

and i just remembered the 6m parachute money we got? so would anyone trust worthy to spend or shoul i say waist the remaining budget we have............ no!!!!

This "seven figures" number leaves a lot to the imagination Zipper ( that could be as high as 9 million pounds + ). Did you mean high six figures or very low seven figures?

I''m convinced that Robert''s Green ''inevitable'' departure this summer would have been factored into the transfer budget. The he went and did the dirty on the Club by stubbing his toe - big time...

The thing that really got my goat last season was amount of money Wiorthless clearly wasted on loanees such as Rehman (remember him??) and others - which was as close to having a big bonfire of five and ten pound notes as we saw all season.  My blood still boils over the waste...

Oh for gods sake people. How many times to we have to go over and over the same  old things.I would dig it up again but I can not be bothered. If you look at the total of sales and expendeture on players over last summer AND the season you will see that Worthington has actually spend less than we had come through the doors.In theory that means that the parachute money has indeed been used on other things or put in the bank for a later date perhaps as a back up parachute payment for next summer?!!As for the Green thing will we ever know? He went off saying he was happy at Norwich and why wouldnt he be? Then we got a snippet of a conversation via a tabloid saying that he had said he would like to play in the premiership again. Please - what kind of rubbish is that?!!! We would maybe get £2million for him if that - I dont think this club is one to factor in money before we actually get it. And I should imagine that they aim to keep the most valuable players we have.Green, Huckerby, MacKenzie, Safri, Earnshaw, Shackell, Drury are all valuable players and I cant see them going anywhere soon unless they want to go themselves.

Oso - Doncaster has said that the bulk of Rehmans wages were paid by Fulham ( no figures were quoted however ) and represented ''good value for money'' [!!!]. The club apparantely didn''t realise that Shackell would recover as soon as he did, plus Rehmans falling out with Worthy put the end to him playing for us again.

Falling out with Worthy - who would of thought it...?!