Sign in to follow this  
Rossi

Flem's testimonial

Does anyone else share my opinion that Flem''s so called testimonial is actually a friendly being labelled as a testimonial because no-one would come???

Flem has been a great servant to our club, but i cant see it being a sell out, and as for Northampton well I''d be surprised if we sold more than 10,000 tickets.

Every year i go to the friendlies, but not this year. Hang on. Northampton game would be a perfect demo against the manager. Worthy out.

I think you must be deeply confused Rossi...

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=sport&itemid=NOED13%20Jun%202006%2008%3A40%3A43%3A890

Craig Fleming has assured supporters that his testimonial match against Newcastle United next month will be a competitive game of football - and not the light-hearted kick-about that you sometimes see at such occasions.

While the game on the evening of Wednesday, July 26 has been arranged to mark the beginning of Fleming''s 10th season with the Canaries it will also form an important part of both sides'' pre-season preparations and, as such, both managers are sure to be treating the fixture with the respect it deserves.

On another subject, Craig Fleming has been here for 10 years, and you want to hijack his big night for your daft witch-hunt ? 

Craig Fleming has been here to long now although Worthless will probably yet again find him a starting place every match next season. And yes EVERY opportunity should be grabbed with both hands at hounding the Irish fool from this club.

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]

Hang on. Northampton game would be a perfect demo against the manager. Worthy out.

[/quote]

Does the text appear differently on my screen, because it doesnt even suggest a demo at Flem''s testimonial

Craig Fleming has given almost ten years LOYAL service to the club and never held the Canaries over a barrel at contract time. I have often wondered, in view of Mike Walker''s (part two) appalling signings, if in fact Dave Stringer masterminded the transfer.

This brings a smile to my face Rossi as I read the erroneous response from blahblah, which is typical of those that KTF. They can''t read, they can''t think, they can''t use rationale argument to make their point but, oh yes......they can keep the faith. Bless them.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]This brings a smile to my face Rossi as I read the erroneous response from blahblah, which is typical of those that KTF. They can''t read, they can''t think, they can''t use rationale argument to make their point but, oh yes......they can keep the faith. Bless them.[/quote]

Do you not think Craig Fleming deserves his testimonial without anti Worthy chants for 90 minutes? I want Worthy out but wouldn''t dream of disrespecting Flem like that!

Neither Rossi nor Yankee have suggested or concur with any suggestion of a protest at the newcastle game.  Read the posts again and you will see that Rossi suggests a protest at the nothampton game and then responds to BBB inaccurate post suggesting that Rossi was arranging a protest against newcastle.   YC was his usual sardonic self highlighting BBB knee jerk reaction to part of a post and getting the wrong end of the stick.

Only we need  a manager has remotely suggested  a protest at the testimonial with his every opportunity grabbed comment.

Personally I won be protesting at Flems testimonial, just like you MD.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]This brings a smile to my face Rossi as I read the erroneous response from blahblah, which is typical of those that KTF. They can''t read, they can''t think, they can''t use rationale argument to make their point but, oh yes......they can keep the faith. Bless them.[/quote]And the irony is, that your post brought a smile to my face YankeeCanary. It seems your response is typical of an arrogant, condescending poster who seems to like making sweeping, erroneous generalisations. You can''t accept anyone else''s views if they are different to you, you like to view everyone in stereotypical ways (seemingly only able to see in groups), and you can''t apologise if you say something insulting, which is just plain wrong, but oh yes.....you can make a fool out of yourself on multiple occasions. Bless you.Still, you carry on - it certainly makes me chuckle!

I don''t actually think anyone is suggesting there are Worthy Out protests at this game, it''s the Northampton game that was mentioned...

What''s wrong with you all?? If we want him out, we have to make our voices heard at every opportunity. We can''t just pick and choose our games. That''s what was wrong with the Wolves game, everyone chickened out and just slunk off at the end. What better opportunity than a prestigious friendly where all the board will be wining and dining expensive guests? Fleming is Worthy''s lackey, he''s picked for all the bad games we''ve played and he''s never stood up and said any different, he should have moaned when we''ve had left backs in central midfield - LEFT BACKS IN CENTRAL MIDFIELD!!!! - he''s the biggest hoofballer we have and I think he shuld be booed just as much as any of Worthy''s rubbish signings (which is ALL of them).

Apologies to all, my mistake.  I mistook Rossi''s comments to mean that he would be protesting at Flemings'' testimonial.

Your turn Yankee.

[quote user="The ghost of Brian Moore"]What''s wrong with you all?? If we want him out, we have to make our voices heard at every opportunity. We can''t just pick and choose our games. That''s what was wrong with the Wolves game, everyone chickened out and just slunk off at the end. What better opportunity than a prestigious friendly where all the board will be wining and dining expensive guests? Fleming is Worthy''s lackey, he''s picked for all the bad games we''ve played and he''s never stood up and said any different, he should have moaned when we''ve had left backs in central midfield - LEFT BACKS IN CENTRAL MIDFIELD!!!! - he''s the biggest hoofballer we have and I think he shuld be booed just as much as any of Worthy''s rubbish signings (which is ALL of them).[/quote]

What a load of old cr@p!! Fleming should be booed??? He''s been a magnificent player for a decade. He might be on his last legs now, but he shouldn''t be booed! He gives 100% everytime he plays for us & should be cheered, not booed!! Some people really do have short memories [8o|]

no problem with Flem at all , but I am against the awarding of

testimonials now for any  professional footballer who has not had

their career cut short  by injury . He has been a professional for

a t least 15 years , spending that time earning far more than most of

us can ever imagine - he doubtless lives in a large house , has kids at

private schools and lives an extremely comfortable life . I have , as I

say nothing against teh man and he has served us well, but to have a

testimonial where he receives the majority of teh receipts ( I assume

Newcastle won;t come here for nothing either ) - receipts given by teh

people who have paid his wages over the last ten years anyway through

ticket and merchandise sales - it would be lovely for a donation to a

local charity to be made by Fleming as a gesture of thanks to the

supporters for keeping him here for ten years

I will not be attending this testimonial , this does not mean that I am

a Worthy in or outer , that I do not rate Fleming as a player or a

person , I just disagree with the concept of lining the pockets of a

very wealthy man anyway

[quote user="We need a Manager"]Craig Fleming has been here to long now although Worthless will probably yet again find him a starting place every match next season. And yes EVERY opportunity should be grabbed with both hands at hounding the Irish fool from this club.[/quote]

Well done , mate.

Suggestion - if you don''t want to salute a player who has given 10 years loyal service through thick and mainly thin , then don''t go.

Flem has given us his best years , 10 years spent at any club is rare enough these days.

I sincerely hope you are in a minority of 1 that think its a great idea to spoil his night by protesting against the manager.

The difference between your post and mine Shurmer is I was actually highlighting an erroneous statement and then, and only then, saying this was typical of the KTF posters when attacking those that are critical of things at Carrow Road.. I stand by that comment. This does not mean ( just to help your little grey cells ) that every individual that is of a KTF persuasion fails to use rationale argument to support their position. However, there are SO MANY on this message board that attack critics without reading or digesting the viewpoint, or without using rational argument or examples to support their position, but simply question the loyalty of others or they must be Binners or some other such banal point of view. In fact, you make the same mistake in your post. Sweeping accusations toward me citing erroneous generalisations, saying I use insults which are just plain wrong and making a fool out of myself on multiple occasions. You do all this without citing specific examples of what you are speaking of. I will be happy to debate you on any specific point you are able to make that even attempts to use rational argument. Do you have any?

[quote]The difference between your post and mine Shurmer is I was actually highlighting an erroneous statement and then, and only then, saying this was typical of the KTF posters when attacking those that are critical of things at Carrow Road.. I stand by that comment. This does not mean ( just to help your little grey cells ) that every individual that is of a KTF persuasion fails to use rationale argument to support their position. However, there are SO MANY on this message board that attack critics without reading or digesting the viewpoint, or without using rational argument or examples to support their position, but simply question the loyalty of others or they must be Binners or some other such banal point of view.[/quote]

Yankee

The following are threads on the first page of this forum, all containing Worthy-bashing on the basis of hearsay or links to norwich that are tenuous at best.

England/Sven Playing Worthinton style Tactics  - England didnt play too well, just like Worthington then eh ?
Who needs a 30 year old left back? - based upon Mo Camara rumours from the sun
All hail Andrew Cullem - The King of Spin! - We have the highest percentage of season ticket holders when compared to capacity in the league.  Time for a negative outburst then.
The disadvatages of late signings - More doom and gloom because we haven''t signed anyone yet.
Worthy selling Hucks? - Blatantly untrue, Hucks would rather retire than leave.
whats going on down Carra RD? - McKenzie would like a right winger.  That''s a good thing, right ?  Oh no....

How many threads can you find from a pro-Worthy point of view on the first page that do similar ?  A lot of the pro-Worthy comments I have seen have been dismissing ridiculous stories like these.

Oh, and insulting the intelligence of fellow posters just makes you look petulant and plain daft.  Little grey cells ?  Come on....

Not your usual considered remark old pal!!  rather a blanket statement for you and it doesn''t do you justice, you are usually more accurate when identifying targets for your arrows.  If I might suggest in reply, there are many posting on these boards from either camp who have very little to substantiate many of the remarks made in defence of the chosen crosses that they carry.   I believe that I can see all the reasons for both arguments, but fail to see that unless there is a complete change at the helm, top to bottom staff-and boardwise we would be only tinkering.  I have said before that we are a ship without a rudder or a clear policy.

By the way YC, I tried to reply to your post regarding the coach and what transpired during his press interview. As I had not read it at the time I posted my remarks doubting the content within the post.   Now I see my concerns were falsely based.  I would like to thank you for pointing out the error in my impression of the matters that gave concern.  The reply from me was well made and not rude or offensive in any way and included therein an apology to the original poster for questioning his perception of the interview.  That being the gist of events.   I submitted an appeasement reply.  I was not allowed to post my reply because of a silly condition relating to copyright rules and regulations.  Best wishes Beelsie!!

Hi Mc Kenzie, I am old and a bit slow on the uptake, perhaps you will enlighten me as regards to the  "I have two sheds bit"  that becomes your last para. I am afraid it makes no sense whatever to me.  I apologise if I offend in any way.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]In fact, you make the same mistake in your post. Sweeping accusations toward me citing erroneous generalisations, saying I use insults which are just plain wrong and making a fool out of myself on multiple occasions. You do all this without citing specific examples of what you are speaking of. I will be happy to debate you on any specific point you are able to make that even attempts to use rational argument. Do you have any?[/quote]I''m glad to see you''ve got a highly developed sense of irony YankeeCanary. I''m sure that when you read through the thread again, you''ll see that I have merely taken your own "rational argument" and applied it to the comments made by yourself. I would produce the neccessary citations, but I think most people are more than capable of clicking the "Previous Page" link and reading your last two posts themselves. Unless, of course, they''re of the "KTF" persuasion. But having said that, citations would be rather pointless, given their proven lack of reading ability, don''t you agree?

Hi beelsie. Thanks for pointing out the errors of my ways. Perhaps I need a trip to Sherwood Forest to sharpen up my target shooting. However, this is the off season. I''m sure when August rolls around I''ll be a lttle more accurate with my direction. 

[quote user="beelsie"]Hi Mc Kenzie, I am old and a bit slow on the uptake, perhaps you will enlighten me as regards to the  "I have two sheds bit"  that becomes your last para. I am afraid it makes no sense whatever to me.  I apologise if I offend in any way.[/quote]

Hi Beelsie,

It’s a quote from Steve Coogan’s second series of Alan partridge, “I’m Alan Partridge”. It’s a scene where he’s arguing with a Norfolk farmer on ‘Radio Norwich’… It makes me laugh every time I see it, so I thought I would use it as my signature. Unfortunately there isn’t enough room to fit the whole paragraph in!!!!

Have you seen it?

No Mackenzie I haven''t seen the Partridge sketch, but I will watch, although, I just can''t imagine what type of sketch it would apply logically to.  Thank''s for your relply any way. 

[quote user="beelsie"]No Mackenzie I haven''t seen the Partridge sketch, but I will watch, although, I just can''t imagine what type of sketch it would apply logically to.  Thank''s for your relply any way. [/quote]

You''re right, it doesn''t apply logically to anything football related. I just thought I''d have something a bit different!

OTBC