Sign in to follow this  
MacDouble rides again

Hunter is appointed as first team coach

An excellent addition to the club, and a ''football'' type coach, a step in the right direction, and possible Worthy''s successor.

Be interesting to see if any of the below are snapped up as Hunter has worked with them all at U19 level...... He''s also coached Rooney, Routledge, Jenas...but we can only hope!!  Billy Jones @ Crewe most certainly stands out.....

Name

Club

Ben Alnwick

Sunderland AFC

Moses Ashikodi

Rangers FC

Nathan Ashton

Charlton Athletic FC

Lee Cattermole

Middlesbrough FC

Mark Davies

Wolverhampton Wanderers FC

Nathan Dyer

Southampton FC

Joe Garner

Blackburn Rovers FC

Anthony Grant

Chelsea FC

Joe Hart

Shrewsbury Town FC

Lee Holmes

Derby County FC

Adam Johnson

Middlesbrough FC

Billy Jones

Crewe Alexandra FC

Ben Parker

Leeds United AFC

Micah Richards

Manchester City FC

Gary Roberts

Crewe Alexandra FC

Richard Stearman

Leicester City FC

Stuart Nicholson

West Brom FC

David Wheater

Middlesbrough FC

Seems to be an excellent appointment, NCFC have done something right this summer!

All we need now are some players for him to actually coach.... ho hums...

Welcome Martin - I know nothing about but hope you have half the impact on the footballing side that I want you to have.   Dont know if you are a good signing or not - but this is your chance to have a real impact on a club with some very very good players looking for footballing guidance.

Please show us the way.b

Certainly seems like a step in the right direction, his credentials are pretty decent and it certainly puts to rest all those rumours about unproven ex-players/Peter Shirtliff [not that the latter might not still get a role at the club, of course!].  My only problem is that we shouldn''t necessarily expect too many youngsters to suddenly come in on the back of it  - the game is littered with players who looked great at U16/U18 etc level who don''t quite come off in the pro game, but I guess we certainly have someone who could help us pick out some of the best. 

So, now onto those long awaited decent player transfers....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

so because he has worked for England it automattically makes him a good appointment?

jas :)

[/quote]

Well if he is an England coach who has worked his way up the ranks then Im going to assume he must be half decent!

[quote user="Northern Canary"]I really hope this spells an end to Hoofball[/quote]

Which has only been used for one season out of the last five.

Good appointment but I can''t see it working with Worthy in charge; what is hunter going to be able to do with all those mediocre midfield journeymen.  I can already see potential clashes as Hunter clearly rates Jarvis and Worthy clearly doesn''t.  Hunter has no chance of bringing any of the youngsters he has worked with to this club as Worthy doesn''t even rate his own youngsters.

I welcome his signing Trent but Hunter being highly regarded at the FA tells us little - Wilkinson and Worthy are also held in that sort of esteem.   Having worked with Bradford and Stoke hardly screams success and given his experience had he any talent I am sure he would have had a chance at managing a club before now.

I just cant say whether he is a good signing or not as his past record is OK and I know nothing of him.

As I said before he has an excellent opportunity to have a real impact on a club if he is up to the task.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I welcome his signing Trent but Hunter being highly regarded at the FA tells us little - Wilkinson and Worthy are also held in that sort of esteem.   Having worked with Bradford and Stoke hardly screams success and given his experience had he any talent I am sure he would have had a chance at managing a club before now.

I just cant say whether he is a good signing or not as his past record is OK and I know nothing of him.

As I said before he has an excellent opportunity to have a real impact on a club if he is up to the task.

[/quote]

Agreed ZLF but I admire people''s optimism. Have to admit that I''m wary of any appointment Worthy had an input in as well as anybody that rates Henderson.

Hunter may or may not be a good appointment.. fact of the matter is that he will do what Worthy tells him to do... so we wont be any beter off will we?

jas :)

On paper seems like a good appointment, and I credit the board for that. However you could have Martin O''Neil in coaching and it wouldnt make a blind bit of difference if some of the poor players we have keep getting picked in the team in vital roles, the tactics from the manager are still awful and if we can''t sort out the appalling defensive record since Malky left

I will say again this year what I said last year - if Andy Hughes is played as a first choice central midfielder we will not get promoted.  (although having seen him reguarly now I will change it too - if he is reguarly played anywhere)  This is not just a damning comment about the awful Hughes, but about the rest of the squad if he keeps getting picked.

Hunter for Manager!!