Sign in to follow this  
Honest Joe

I'm looking forward to the start of the new season.

I want to see how Mr Hunter will get the team playing some nice passing football..do you think it will happen or do you think Worthy will overule him? Or will Worthy and Hunter work well together and this will be a good season for us? I like Worthy and don''t really want to see him go as I want a settled management but what do you guys think? Will Hunter make all the difference working alongside Worthy? Will we get back up this year?

Hunter wont make a blind bit of difference , it will be a re-run of last season no play offs or promotion.Worthington is a loser always has been , he got lucky with a loan signing once , its not going to happen again.

If we knew the answers to all those questions it wouldn''t be worth watching :)

I think we''ll do well, dunno why, call it blind optimism if you like....

Heres a prediction: Leon and Earnie to finish on 40 goals between ''em

Previous posts on this board have suggested that "something was up" with the coaching of the first team last season - there were suggestions that the first team coach had been relegated to ball boy on occasions, and in some matches it seemed that the players were trying to make a point with over-use of the long ball, which I put down to a lack of attacking ideas within the team, especially when Huckerby is double man-marked.

However, the coach we''ve employed has been actively involved in teaching some of the best young english players of recent times.  Theo Walcott, Joe Cole, Michael Carrick among others.  The first team has to benefit from the change in coaching philosophy, even if that only involves new methods of breaking down teams that sit deep and counter attack, which we tended to struggle against last season.

What we have to do is get the ball on the floor, and I believe that Martin Hunter will be able to get us to do that.  With new guidance, some of the players that took flak for poor performances last season may well become the heroes of this season.  We may also see the younger players become more a part of the first team setup too.  We have good players within our squad, we just need to be able to get the best out of them.  The proof of the pudding starts in August, but I''m cautiously optimistic.

I''m sorry but it wasn''t the players overusing the long ball it was our bright young manager in no less than three games did I hear him shouting at Colin to thump the ball up field, on one occassion it was get the f****** thing up there. Once when Colin obliged and belted the ball upfield to no one Worthington actually clapped him and put his thumb up.

[quote user="Honest Joe"]I want to see how Mr Hunter will get the team playing some nice passing football..do you think it will happen or do you think Worthy will overule him? Or will Worthy and Hunter work well together and this will be a good season for us? I like Worthy and don''t really want to see him go as I want a settled management but what do you guys think? Will Hunter make all the difference working alongside Worthy? Will we get back up this year?[/quote]We failed last season - Worthington was the reason - end of story.

[quote]I''m sorry but it wasn''t the players overusing the long ball it was our bright young manager in no less than three games did I hear him shouting at Colin to thump the ball up field, on one occassion it was get the f****** thing up there. Once when Colin obliged and belted the ball upfield to no one Worthington actually clapped him and put his thumb up. [/quote]

You heard this in 3 games ?  Out of what, about 50 ?  Well, it''s obviously a policy then. 

There is a place in championship football for the use of the long-ball.  Sad but true.  That''s not to say that it''s always the best option, but you can''t dismiss it as a valid tactic just because it happens more often than you would like.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]I''m sorry but it wasn''t the players overusing the long ball it was our bright young manager in no less than three games did I hear him shouting at Colin to thump the ball up field, on one occassion it was get the f****** thing up there. Once when Colin obliged and belted the ball upfield to no one Worthington actually clapped him and put his thumb up. [/quote]

You heard this in 3 games ?  Out of what, about 50 ?  Well, it''s obviously a policy then. 

There is a place in championship football for the use of the long-ball.  Sad but true.  That''s not to say that it''s always the best option, but you can''t dismiss it as a valid tactic just because it happens more often than you would like.

[/quote]

Sadly Blahblahblah, young Jurgen Colin was probably the most mismanaged norwich player last season (even more so than Ian Hederson has been by the **** in charge).

Ordered not to cross the half way line at the start of the season (probably cos he was a foreign signing), ordered to lump it forwards, part of our disorganised and inept defense, played without a right midfielder in front of him for much of the season leading to a crisis in confidence and form. The poor sod Jurgen Colin at Reading away, no midfield cover, utterly destroyed by the wingers, dropped never to be seen again until the last game of the season.

WORTHY OUT