Sign in to follow this  
Willmeister

Danns gone to Birmingham

Another one we have missed out on, i am seriously thinking that we will not sign anyone decent with this clown in charge.

Well that''s it then, Birmingham have signed a Colchester player, may as well give them the title now.

Birmingham were always going to attempt to buy the title this season, they have the backing of one of the richest men in England.

I wouldn''t be too downcast, I mean they can only take one of the automatic promotion spots, can''t they ?

For heavens sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can''t lament every time another team buys a player! BE PATIENT. We have nowhere near the money or reputation Birmingham have. We will add 2 or 3 players when the time comes.

Would have hated to have seen you when Chelsea signed Shevchenko - you must have been gutted.

OTBC

£850k seems a lot, let''s not forget who his representative is. If he does well then expect him to go into pre-season in two years time saying his head isn''t right

I think what is being highlighted here is the ambition being exhibited by Birmingham pre-season, and the type of player they are willing to invest in, in sharp contrast to the (let''s face it) bog average ''run-forever-and-not-much-else'' bunch we splashed millions on last year, and the same type of tired-out cloggers we have been linked  to this year. Again, this comes down to ambition and managerial ideals about the way the game should be played. Heck, even if by some miracle Birmingham don''t run away with the title, with the players they have brought in, their fans are going to get a hell of a ride next season.

Sit tight and wait for the Irish fool to buy another load of laughable rubbish just like he did last summer. Good luck to Birmingham they are showing the ambition to get back to the Premier League that has been so sadly lacking at Norwich City.

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

For heavens sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can''t lament every time another team buys a player! BE PATIENT. We have nowhere near the money or reputation Birmingham have. We will add 2 or 3 players when the time comes.

Would have hated to have seen you when Chelsea signed Shevchenko - you must have been gutted.

OTBC

[/quote]

What a stupid comment, danns is a player who would have done well for us and was in our budget. Shevchenko is a player who is not, now i know u r being ironic but still lets hope u r happy when we sign a noone who is over 35.

Worthington is a B***hitter...

he says in the paper "phone calls are going in.. but all we get is answer phones"... and yet other clubs are signing players left right and center...

he says tha no one does any business in June... which clearly isnt true.... how many transfers have been and gone since the season ended.. and our Dithering Idiot tries to make excuses for his lack of effort.. perhaps its partly the boards fault.. but i dont think so.. Worthy could get someone tommorow if he acted faster... perhaps the lure of the sun and the offer of free Grub from Delia in her London flat he uses are too much of an offer at this stage of the game.

jas :)

[quote user="Bring back Chase."]Sit tight and wait for the Irish fool to buy another load of laughable rubbish just like he did last summer. Good luck to Birmingham they are showing the ambition to get back to the Premier League that has been so sadly lacking at Norwich City.[/quote]

This isn''t the first time that "Irish" has been used as a term of abuse on this board.  Cut it out please. 

[quote]I think what is being highlighted here is the ambition being exhibited by Birmingham pre-season, and the type of player they are willing to invest in, in sharp contrast to the (let''s face it) bog average ''run-forever-and-not-much-else'' bunch we splashed millions on last year, and the same type of tired-out cloggers we have been linked  to this year.[/quote]

I think what is being highlighted is the fact that Birmingham have a stable long-term future regardless of which league they are in, so they can afford to spend serious money on getting back into the Premiership.  We don''t have that luxury - as has been pointed out already, we spent less than we sold last season, our parachute payments probably went on securing the clubs future with land and ground improvement purchases.  Hopefully the new coach can bring the best out of what we already have, and we should be able to add to the players we have to plug the holes of last season.

Fancy going to Birmingham!..........He must be "Desperate Danns".........[8-|]

Do Brum do cow pies at halftime? [*-)]

I would just like to second Mystic Megson''s request that people stop using the word ''Irish'' as a term of abuse on this board. That may sound pedantic to some but I would really rather our club didn''t have the tag of racism or nationalism added to our current set of woes.

Do not fear our man is chasing Hulse to partner Earnshaw.  I seem to remember him saying how good Thorne and Earnshaw would be together so oerhaps we shouldn''t get too excited.

Seedyrom "I think what is being highlighted here is the ambition being exhibited by Birmingham pre-season, and the type of player they are willing to invest in, in sharp contrast to ... [the signings of Worthington]"

... wasn''t it Worthington who signed the ''types of player'' like Huckerby, McKenzie, Ashton, Earnshaw, Safri and Crouch?

And before you say it yourself ... yes I know Worthington has also purchased Etuthu, Hughes and Thorn but all clubs bring in players who either take a while to settle or never make it ... Birmingham bought Heskey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OTBC

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

Seedyrom "I think what is being highlighted here is the ambition being exhibited by Birmingham pre-season, and the type of player they are willing to invest in, in sharp contrast to ... [the signings of Worthington]"

... wasn''t it Worthington who signed the ''types of player'' like Huckerby, McKenzie, Ashton, Earnshaw, Safri and Crouch?

And before you say it yourself ... yes I know Worthington has also purchased Etuthu, Hughes and Thorn but all clubs bring in players who either take a while to settle or never make it ... Birmingham bought Heskey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OTBC

[/quote]

You''re quite right, KP - he did indeed sign those players and for that he deserves much credit (I might be a fierce critic of Nige''s tactics, but I''ve no personal dislike of the bloke and I''ve never shied away from giving him credit where it''s due).  But I was careful to point out that I was referring to the players he brought in last season - as a newly relegated side - and contrasting them to the type of players Birmingham have brought in under the same circumstances. The difference in the mental approach between the two clubs in trying to get back to the Premier couldn''t be wider.