Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Whatever happened to daydream beleiver??!!

this used to be a really good way to warm up the crowd, and i would much prefer if we didnt have any pre-match music other then this, which should be played 5 mins before kick-off like it used to be...the last time i heard it was at the play-off final in Cardiff, bring it back whoever''s in charge

on another note, if people arent in favour of this, how about ''Silverlining'' seems to get the owls and wolves fans going, so why not the canary''s?

I think it died a death pretty much around the time George Burley left Ipswich, didn''t it? I used to thoroughly enjoy singing along to the alternative lyrics, telling George to go forth and multiply. The Barclay and Snake Pit choristers never did adapt the words for Joe Royle''s benefit, unfortunately.

We stopped singing it when Burley left Ippo I think. I did hear it against Derby once tho when he was incharge there when we played them.

I thought they stopped playing it when George Burley moved from Ipswich - the lyrics that the crowd sang didn''t make sense anymore!

I would love something to get the crowd going again, the atmosphere at Carrow road was dire last season. I really miss coming out to the Star Wars theme, that used to always get me excited.

Burley quit as scum manager so we couldnt really use it after that we tried it for a couple of game but it didnt have the same effect as the lyric didnt fit. Since when have the wolves fans ever got going? but we do need something different from that crappy muse song!!

i was thinking the exact same thing the other day, we never have anything to get us going at the start apart from a lame effort of "Kick it of..."

Good Shout

yeah it disappeared when Burley did i think. and theres no way we have can Silverlining, the way we use it when we travel to wolves would have the same impact if we sang it at home every week i dont think.

Ok then, can anyone think of some new anti-scum links to go with the song, so that we can get it back next season?

What aboutCheer Up Jim MagiltonOh what can it beTo be... fifth choice for your jobas no one else would cooooooooooome

"Since when have the wolves fans ever got going?"

Take it you werent at the play off semi final then? Molineux that night was probably one of the loudest, most intimidating atmospheres ive ever come across. Especially before the game started, sent shivers down my spine.

how about:

"Cheer up jim magilton,

oh what can we see?!

your a..money saving option

that will never suuccccccceeeeeeeeeeedddddddeedddd" (succed!)"

not sure about the spellin! and it need a bit of work (well quite alot acutally) but does it have potential?

I like, I like a lot.

Maybe a mix of the two..

"Cheer up Jim Magilton

Oh what can it mean,

to a, tenth choice replacement,

at a sh*t bankrupt tee - ee - ee - eam. "

Would be pretty funny!

oh i was there alright still the thought of iwan coming charging over to us what an unbelievable night we had to wear tops over our shirts to avoid any trouble. And i got the day off school! we spoke to west brom fans wish us the best off luck. from what i can remember we were louder though. Thats when we had passion in the team with Iwan Malky and Holt leading the troops to cardiff!