Michael Chopra Newcastleto Cardiff C
Stephen McPhail Barnsley to Cardiff C

Madjid Bougherra Gueugnon to Sheffield W
Wade Small MK Dons to Sheffield W
Kenny Lunt Crewe to Sheff Wed

Steve Collis Yeovil to Southend
Simon Francis Sheff Utd to Southend

Grzegorz Rasiak Tottenham H to Southampton

And who out of that lot are really big teams in the division apart from Brum, the Rasiak deal was already in place last season as were Preston''s signings. I''m getting bored of people making out it''s only us not signing anyone when half the division are in the same boat. Look around, there''s not a lot going on.

And all the ones below i wouldnt have minded us signing.

Neil Danns Colchester to Birmingham
Cameron Jerome Cardiff to Birmingham
John Hartson Celtic to WBA
Alan Mahon Wigan to Burnley
Mikkel Bischoff Man City to Coventry
Elliot Ward West Ham to Coventry C
Stephen McPhail Barnsley to Cardiff C
Madjid Bougherra Gueugnon to Sheffield W
Kenny Lunt Crewe to Sheff WedGrzegorz Rasiak Tottenham H to Southampton

Do you work for a dog food company ?  You never seem to tire of flogging dead horses...

You are of course right, we should be buying in 4 or 5 rubbish players immediately so that you can boo them in time for the friendly at Cambridge.

Good point Trent, I just fear we end up with a pre season like last term when players arrived late or well into the season. Following this the bedding in excuse was used all season for the poor showing''s of many players.  Sheffield United got their players in early doors and started the season full blast. They were almost promoted by christmas.

But this season is different to last surely CJF ?

We don''t have players leaving / being sold due to relegation clauses in their contracts / unsustainable wages.  The only players to leave so far this close-season are Jarrett and Charlton, maybe Thorne.  The majority of our side are staying put, and once we have a couple of new signings and a few new attacking methods introduced in training to help us avoid the dreaded hoofball, we will have a strong unit capable of challenging for the title.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Good point Trent, I just fear we end up with a pre season like last term when players arrived late or well into the season. Following this the bedding in excuse was used all season for the poor showing''s of many players.  Sheffield United got their players in early doors and started the season full blast. They were almost promoted by christmas.[/quote]

CJF - Look im as worried that we have not got anyone in yet, especially the lack of Midfield. But im not going to judge until the opening day of the season.

Just getting a bit sick of the whole "Nobody does business now" campaign yourself and a few others keep going on about. Im pretty sure somewhere else someone dug up the whole interview, and it was shown to be taken completely out of context. And as I said, if we arent doing any transfer business why have we sold someone? And possibly selling Thorne.

But yes if our summer is anything like last summer ill be disappointed, but its still around a month and a half to the start of the season. Im not getting angry just yet.

[quote]phew bbb, you''ve reassured me that will be able to keep last seasons team of champions together...we will not challenge in this league with out a right midfielder and a target man arriving at this club as a bare minimum. [/quote]

Your calendar must be on the blnk.  Mine says that it''s currently June 21st. 

Iam angry we havent signed anyone....there have been lots of players we could of snapped up.. and Worthy saying the phones are all on answer machine does come accross that he isnt doing anything.... how c ome other clubs can get through and sign players when we cant???

I have a feeling a shortlist isnt even drawn up till pre season Training starts and the club knows who wants to leave

jas :)

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Just getting a bit sick of the whole "Nobody does business now" campaign yourself and a few others keep going on about. Im pretty sure somewhere else someone dug up the whole interview, and it was shown to be taken completely out of context. And as I said, if we arent doing any transfer business why have we sold someone? And possibly selling Thorne.

But yes if our summer is anything like last summer ill be disappointed, but its still around a month and a half to the start of the season. Im not getting angry just yet.

[/quote]

How on earth is it taken out of context? The man said it! If you''re able to watch one of the more recent Canaries World bulletins, you will see the Worthless one standing there in the flesh saying that "no one does business at this time of year". He''s talking bollocks, because other clubs are snapping up players left right and centre. And as for Jarrett, we all knew that deal was done last season, it was even mentioned at the time he went out on loan to Preston. Anyway, selling players is hardly the business people are complaining about - if someone came in with a 50p bid for Hughes i''d bite their hand off.

You lot honestly don''t think Nigel isn''t trying to get people in, do you? This whole business is a complete facade, and you are all falling for it by debating the subject!!

Come on guys - Nigel may be inept in a lot of ways, but if you really think he''s not busting a gut behind the scenes to get his targets in, then you''re all nuts.

Who his targets are, however, may be a cause for concern.

This is from the EDP of 23/05/06

"If previous summers are anything to go by the Canaries won''t be unveiling any new players until late June at the very earliest but Worthington hopes a lack of announcements won''t be interpreted as a lack of action by the club''s fans.

“It''s a time when a lot of people in football are taking their holidays, myself included, but there is still a lot of work going on behind the scenes,” he explained. “We have identified a number of players who would strengthen our squad and it''s a case of putting in the phone calls and seeing what the situation is. It''s question of adding everything up - the transfer fees, the salaries, whether clubs are prepared to let certain people go out on loan, and such-like - and then seeing if something can be sorted out.

“These things take time and, as I said, it''s case of everyone being patient. You never say never in football so I wouldn''t rule out the possibility of something happening soon. But I should imagine it will be a little while yet before we are in position to announce any new arrivals.”"

Sounds like NW knows what he''s talking about.

[quote]phew bbb, you''ve reassured me that will be able to keep last seasons

team of champions together...we will not challenge in this league with

out a right midfielder and a target man arriving at this club as a bare

minimum.[/quote]Agreed, with the current squad it looks like we''ll be just outside the play offs again. The reason we were losing players last time was we had quality players, now that we don''t all we can do is unload the rubbish. Our team is considerably under strengthed, lacking decent first team players in certain places let alone decent cover for them but we don''t have the finances to restructure completely so I think best we can do is patch the team up IMO with a backup Goalkeeper, a new Defender, new Right Midfield and a Center Forward of a decent hieght, hopefully the new coach can bring some good out of the underperforming players.

Seems a mixture to me of those who do there business now and those who don''t, at least we have a manager at this time, some clubs can not even afford that luxury, i wont go down the rights and wrongs of the current post holder in this though!!

My biggest concern about the sqaud is numbers, we seem paperthin still, a moderate injury crisis again and we are down to the barest of bones.  I''m not saying get people in for the sake of it but it''s got to be more in than out this summer or i can foresee problems ahead

[quote user="Mook"]

You lot honestly don''t think Nigel isn''t trying to get people in, do you? This whole business is a complete facade, and you are all falling for it by debating the subject!!

Come on guys - Nigel may be inept in a lot of ways, but if you really think he''s not busting a gut behind the scenes to get his targets in, then you''re all nuts.

Who his targets are, however, may be a cause for concern.

[/quote]

Precisely. If anyone genuinely thinks we are not doing anything then Im afraid thats just being ridiculous.

As Mook says, its who he is interested in that worries me.