Apparantly we have enquired about him, he would cost around a cool million....   Obviously Worthy does not see that the midfield is still the problem area of the pitch.  Here is Hulse''s record:

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=17994

Not too bad - but he is a championship player at best - certainly no premiership potential.

Dare I say it but we had a chance to build and have failed.  We are a mid-table championship team at best now.

IMHO this is nothing more than the usual pre-amble that we get before the old.......we made an offer but he chose another club routine before firmly opting for a bargain basement buy

IMHO Rob Hulse was the best centre forward to visit FCR last season and would be an asset to the team. I cant for the life of me imagine though why he would want to leave Leeds, or turn down the premiership with Sheffield United, to come to a club which is sadly in decline. Especially if he is still mates with Dean Ashton and he has told him what goes on here.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Apparantly we have enquired about him, he would cost around a cool million....   Obviously Worthy does not see that the midfield is still the problem area of the pitch.  Here is Hulse''s record:

Not too bad - but he is a championship player at best - certainly no premiership potential.

Dare I say it but we had a chance to build and have failed.  We are a mid-table championship team at best now.

[/quote]

Why is it obvious that Worthy does not see the midfield as a problem?

Has he said he is enquiring about Hulse and noone else? I must have missed that bit from the report.

It''s just talk most probably. Obviously Worthingtons interested in him, cos he said so, but Leeds will probably be asking £2 Million if not 2.5 M so they will outprice him leaving only Sheff U being able to afford him. Anyway Leeds wont want him going to another championship club who could be up their with them challenging for promotion.

Its believed that they will want a big proportion of the initial fee they paid for him which was 1 million. So if we do have 2Million to spend, paying 750k for him would be a great buy IMO. He is behind cresswell in the targetman pecking order at leeds and so regular first team football at Norwich might well be appealing. To be honest, even though i like him, i cannot see prem clubs flocking to buy him at the momnet and so we might have a chance.

Another point, when blackwell was interviewed he didnt say hulse was not for sale, usually managers if they want to keep players will say that sort of thing straight away. So perhaps he could be available and him and earny will be running riot next seasom.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

Why is it obvious that Worthy does not see the midfield as a problem?

Has he said he is enquiring about Hulse and noone else? I must have missed that bit from the report.

[/quote]

He did state last season that we had, and I quote "A Wealth of Midfielders"

Obviously one mans wealth is another man''s poor showing..........

He would be a good buy in my opinion, but I don''t understand why Worthy has decided to go public about this one. You always hear about they don''t deal in speculation and that plenty of work is going on behind the scenes. Is this one just to keep supporters happy?

if Leeds have realistic Premiership ambitions they will keep Hulse.. i dont imagine we could afford the transfer fee to be honest...

jas :)

Theres no denying that for a reasonable price he would be a good addition to the first team. However, i would feel a lot more comfortable spending on the midfield before buying more strikers.

Should go down a bomb with Shackle. I remember Hulse ''rearranging '' Shacks'' nose twice in the one match at Carrer Rud last season. The man was all elbows, so I took an instant dislike to him. Nasty piecre of work...and he looked very ordinary in the play-offs, incidentally.  Hence Worthless''s comments presumably - "he''s a good player at this level" ....No question of looking forward 12 months to what we might need in the Premiership, then... [:@] 

Oh, and by the way, being tall, Hulse will presumably be OK with the usual hoof-ball routine, so beloved by the ''manager''...

Neil Warnock is in for Hulse

SHEFFIELD UNITED are ready to join Norwich City in the race for Leeds United striker Rob Hulse.
Blades manager Neil Warnock rates Hulse as one of the best strikers outside the Premiership and was disappointed to lose out to Leeds in the race for his services last summer.
However, now the Blades have won promotion, Warnock wants Hulse * who scored 14 goals last season * to bolster his attacking options.
Striker Geoff Horsfield could yet be offered in part-exchange for Hulse. Ironically, Hulse and Horsfield formed an attacking double act when West Bromwich Albion won promotion to the Premiership two years ago.
The Blades are also interested in Birmingham City midfielder David Dunn and Aston Villa defender Mark Delaney and were linked last week with a move for former England international Nicky Butt, who is up-for-sale at Newcastle United.
Having signed Manchester City defender David Sommeil and Preston centre-backs Chris Lucketti and Claude Davis so far this summer, Warnock has also been casting an eye over a string of possible targets at the World Cup.
Leeds manager Kevin Blackwell, meanwhile, is due to return to work this morning, after a brief holiday, where he will be seeking clarification on Hulse''s future.
Chief executive officer Shaun Harvey acknowledged Norwich''s interest in Hulse yesterday saying that any decision would be taken in the "best interests" of the Elland Road club.
Norwich manager Nigel Worthington has revealed he wants Hulse as a strike partner for Welsh international Rob Earnshaw. Worthington tried to buy Hulse from Crewe in 2003 but lost out to West Brom.
"Linking him with Rob Earnshaw would be a nice pairing if we could make it happen," said Worthington. "We have made an enquiry to Leeds and that is where we are at."
Hulse, who cost £1.1m from WBA, is one of the top earners at Elland Road but a swap deal for Horsfield would soften the blow of his possible departure.
Although the Barnsley-born striker proved to be a "misfit" after arriving on loan at Bramall Lane last season, Horsfield subsequently completed a permanent £1.1m deal this summer and was assured that the slate had been wiped clean.
Now 32, Horsfield has scored 103 goals in 224 league starts during a career that has also included spells at Halifax Town, Fulham, Birmingham City, and Wigan Athletic.
21 June 2006

We won''t be seeing him at carrow road in spetember then....

NEXT..................

[quote]Leeds manager Kevin Blackwell, meanwhile, is due to return to work this morning, after a brief holiday, [/quote]

The mad mad fool !!!

Doesn''t he know that nobody goes on holiday in June !  He will pay for sunning himself while Birmingham sign players from Colchester !

Blackwell OUT !!!!!

It stands to reason that if Mr Hulse is any good then Leeds will want to keep him. Also I should think that Hulse would prefer to stay at Leeds as they are a bigger and more ambitious club than City. As Worthless might say: you can forget that one.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]Leeds manager Kevin Blackwell, meanwhile, is due to return to work this morning, after a brief holiday, [/quote]

The mad mad fool !!!

Doesn''t he know that nobody goes on holiday in June !  He will pay for sunning himself while Birmingham sign players from Colchester !

Blackwell OUT !!!!!

[/quote]

A 4 day break.  Not the whole bloody month our manager took off to sun himself after the great job jhe sis last seaosn!  (AND HE DIDNT EVEN WATCH THE ENGLAND GAME GREENO PLAYED AND WAS INJURED IN) showing ZERO interest in the player in his team - but as Greeno doesnt want to play for us anymore its hardly surprising our fool of a manager doesnt care about his staff.

Its ok tho blahblah, Hoozey is completing more laps than ever up at Colney and is clapping at a rate of 10 claps a second, so we will be fine in the season ahead.

Why should Worthy have watched the England game? Last time I checked he isnt English. Im sure he could just as easily read about the game, or heard about it from someone else at the club without it having the slightest of impacts on Norwich City.

[quote]Its ok tho blahblah, Hoozey is completing more laps than ever up at Colney and is clapping at a rate of 10 claps a second, so we will be fine in the season ahead[/quote]

Well, that''s comforting.  For a moment I thought you would go a day without mentioning Hoozey.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Why should Worthy have watched the England game? Last time I checked he isnt English. Im sure he could just as easily read about the game, or heard about it from someone else at the club without it having the slightest of impacts on Norwich City.[/quote]

Well as his player Greeny was gonna get a game, and as a football manager, I would have thought he watches as much football as you or I?  As Keen NCFC fan I watch all games with our players playing in that I can.

Maybe worthy doesnt watch a lot of football..  It would certainly explain a lot about last season''s signing''s

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Why should Worthy have watched the England game? Last time I checked he isnt English. Im sure he could just as easily read about the game, or heard about it from someone else at the club without it having the slightest of impacts on Norwich City.[/quote]

Well as his player Greeny was gonna get a game, and as a football manager, I would have thought he watches as much football as you or I?  As Keen NCFC fan I watch all games with our players playing in that I can.

Maybe worthy doesnt watch a lot of football..  It would certainly explain a lot about last season''s signing''s

[/quote]

CJF - Yes I would think he does. But if im on holiday Im not gonna go out of my way to watch everything. Perhaps Mrs Worthington wouldnt let him!

Yes I went out of my way to watch it just for Green, but as I said, whether Worthy watched it or simply read it about; it makes no difference to the club.

Whilst we''re on the Greeno topic, it''s worth mentioning that Glen

Roeder actually spoke to Michael Owen last night, while the England

game was still going on.  So he''s watching the game, sees one of

his players receive a serious injury, and immediately calls to check

how he is.  That''s a good man manager, to me.

Worthy shouldn''t necessarily have been watching the game because he''s

English, but I know that if one of my workmates was going to be doing

something important I''d be tuning in to see how they get on, regardless

of nationality.  That said, I''d only do it for those workmates

with whom I get on well.  Read into that what you will...

Anyway, we''ve strayed off-topic a little here, and on the point of

Hulsey I have to question Matt Hudson''s point that he is well below

Cresswell in the target man stakes - I''ve watched a lot of Leeds this

season thanks to my missus, and Hulse is definitely first choice, even

when Cressy has been fit (which, admittedly, wasn''t very often) except

for a brief spell.

He''d certainly be a good signing imo, however I question whether he can

make the step up... but given that we''re never now going to attract any

"big name" players with Premiership potential (they''ll go to the clubs

who aren''t in disarray) he''s a better choice than a Thorne Mk II.

DOC - True, but the kicker for me is the fact he was on holiday. Its a time for people to relax and get away from everyday life. Im sure if he was at home he would have watched it.

But yes back to the issue at hand. I cant see why on earth Leeds would want to sell him to be honest. But certainly a better option than Thorne.

A piece of good news from yorkshire, mixed in with the bad.

The bad news is that we have failed to sign one of our targets, which is always disappointing.  Secondly the club/manager thinks the problems are with the strike force when they so clearly are futher back than that.  And thirdly we apparently need a battering ram up front to make any benefit from the likely continuance of hoof ball as our preferred tactic. 

If the report is accurate then the good news is that we are finally moving in the transfer market and appear to have a better transfer budget than we could have hoped for...  

Use that bigger budget wisely - its should be enough to make us truly competetive is used properly.

2 million quid bid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Here are his stats

ClubFromToFeeLeagueFA CupLeague cupOther
Leeds09-05-2005 Â£ 1100000 32 (7)122 (0)11 (1)03 (0)1
Leeds09-02-200508-05-2005Loan 13 (0)60 (0)00 (0)00 (0)0
West Brom11-07-200309-05-2005£ 750000 29 (9)101 (1)05 (1)30 (0)0
Crewe01-08-199911-07-2003Trainee 97 (19)455 (1)06 (1)22 (0)4
Totals£ 1850000171 (35)738 (2)112 (3)55 (0)5
goals / game0.350.10.33 1

18 goals in 45(7) league games for Leeds

10 goals in 29(9) league games for West Brom

2 million quid.....  looking below a fair few goal droughts also??  No premiership potential??

Money could be better used elsewhere??

Games played by Rob Hulse in 2005/2006GoalsCards
20-08-2005Football League ChampionshipLeeds2-0Wolves1
27-08-2005Football League ChampionshipNorwich0-1Leeds1
10-09-2005Football League ChampionshipLeeds3-3Brighton0
13-09-2005Football League ChampionshipSheff Wed1-0Leeds0
17-09-2005Football League ChampionshipQPR0-1Leeds1
20-09-2005English League CupRotherham0-2Leeds0
24-09-2005Football League ChampionshipLeeds0-2Ipswich0
28-09-2005Football League ChampionshipLeeds3-1Derby3
01-10-2005Football League ChampionshipWatford0-0Leeds0
15-10-2005Football League ChampionshipBurnley1-2Leeds1