Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

time to get behind worthy and hunter for the sake of city?

unless there is a united NCFC at carra rd next season, we will already be starting on the wrong foot.last season i became a worthy outer and delia doubter, after being a worthy doubter and a delia disappointer in the prem season.  i attended the st. andrews meeting and the protest rally that followed it.as a loyal and true supporter of City, i want what''s best for the club - despite what personalities are involved in owning and managing it at the time.  in my view, the clubs survival and then ambition and success is paramount above all other considerations.  its clear city need to do well this season, and i believe the best interest of city is presently served by getting behind worthy and hunter full square.  of course, it won''t stop me having opinions about them, but for the time being i feel giving them support is what the club needs.  However, I''ve not heard worthy utter one word to try get his detractors onside - i''m prepared to see the picture picture and put out an olive branch and i suggest if he cares about city he does the same pronto. its time to put the memories of last season behind us, and start fresh again with a positive atmosphere at carra. 

I think the mood will probably be dictated by the manner of play in the first month.  If we start well, win some games, and play good football then people will be happy, and eventually even those who are protesting for protests'' sake will be won over.  If we start badly, it''ll be the post-Ipswich all over again, and I for one think that''s something nobody needs.

I think the problems at this football club are far too deep seated and ingrained for the fans to make any real difference any more - but it would make Carrow Road a far sight nicer place to visit for everybody if we could at least give it a try.  There are however a large number of Hughes bashers who thoroughly enjoy themsleves when they''re screaming abuse at one of their own players. Don''t expect any kind of encouragement from them; they''re having far too much fun, and sadly, they''re not going to go away. I wish they would, though.

[quote user="seedyrom"]

There are however a large number of Hughes bashers

[/quote]

To be fair he is flipping awful.  I agree with you however the problems are far too deep seated at the moment.  Of the old guard, even Greeno looks disheartened.  Most of the new guard have proven themselves gutless.

One point of optimism - Rob Earnshaw - he is a quality finisher, and unless he falls out with the clown or a premiership club comes sniffing around him he will be a top player for us.

I think we have to give the team and club a good chance to prove themselves at the start of the season. Booing etc will not help anyone, it will only make it harder for them.

Sorry but no support for Worthington he has made a fool of supporters by telling us he doesn''t care what we think also his comments on the last day of the season. He was the instigator of hoofball last season and for the first time in fifty years of supporting this club the supporters shouted this is embarrassing.

we Worthy outers i think will give it a while to see how it goes.. but if it goes wrong again then we will say we told u so.. Getting in Hunter makes little difference when Worthys the problem

jas :)

I know where your coming from but i along with a large amount of city fans have had enough of Worthington; i don''t like him and i don''t want him at this club anymore.  He''s made too many mistakes both on and off the field and lost respect of both  fans and players a like( Yes IMO i don''t think the players really want him here !!!!).  Supporting the team as i want to with passion and desire will always be difficult as long as he is manager.

But yes with very little enthusiasm and conviction i will get behind them (the team that is).

we do need to get behind the team the atmosphere last season was horrible and i for one don''t want to experiance that again.

[quote user="The voice of the Thorpe Area"]Look, this conversation has been held on this board time and time again. Please, let it stop! We all know by now that you''re either an Outer or a KTF, so let''''s just see who''s right after 10 games![/quote]

Why wait 10 games - we spent all last season extending the supposed deadline. Nothing got better, Zero, we finished 9th......  we gave him till the end of the season - he failed, he failed to get results, failed to bring in youth, failed to play his own loan players, failed to put in any challenge at all, but succeeded in peeving off many fans yet again wih his offensive remarks, the guy is basically a ****.

I find it incredible this a**h*** is still at our club.  I won''t even be giving him a pre-season freindly.

WORTHY OUT

[quote] Nothing got better, Zero, we finished 9th......  [/quote]

Not actually true. 26 points in the first 23 matches.  36 points in the last 23 matches.  6 successive home wins in the last 7 matches.  We even won away at Cardiff !  Earnshaw scoring 8 goals in 15 games, which is as good an average as you can hope to get from a striker, especially when you bear in mind the lack of service.  Admittedly the performances weren''t much to shout about, but we became harder to beat and scored goals.

With a new coach (and possibly Rob Hulse or similar) we will have new attacking options.  But I guess you find it easier to spout hyperbole than to look for signs of recovery. 

[quote]succeeded in peeving off many fans yet again wih his offensive remarks[/quote]

Some people will take offence at anything Worthington says, in the same way that some people will take any rumour or unrelated sporting event (england at the world cup) and use it to attack him.  I''m waiting for someone to link Tim Henmans'' inevitable first round exit at Wimbledon to be linked in some manner to the way Worthington sets his team out, it''s about the only thing that hasn''t been used !

I agree with LGT as, had I renewed, then I would not have done so for the privilege of venting my frustrations on my own team from the off.

As a non-renewer though I am amused by the comment that it is good for the Club to ''refresh'' it''s support. What a load of nonsense. Clearly, there are many if not most of the vocal dissenters returning with even shorter tolerance levels than before and what is actually important is to GROW the support not replace sections of it with ever dwindling spare parts. It was hardly a hearts and minds statement and one I will remember before ever coming back; in addition to Worthingtons comments at the ''lap of honour.''

Norwich City have long attempted to create cliques within the Club, I suppose many top Clubs do it, with corporate clubs, exclusive bars and clubs, and restaurants. It is an important source of revenue I suppose, but in addition they have extended this to the support as a whole and been successful in selling season tickets on a ''you''re either in or out'' basis. It will be interesting to see the long term result of this when Norwich supporters finally begin to think for themselves instead of acting like sheep who only protest once they have been herded into the pen.

36 points in the last 23 games = 72 points overall = no play-offs last year let alone automatic promotion, and we had one hell of a lot of luck during this period. One away win in 4 months - and deservedly so considering how **** we were - any repeat of that and we are going nowhere.

And his true supporters remark - basically sticking a finger up at his doubters (and they have bloody good reason to doubt the clown) - well what more can I say, what a ****.  And I can understand why people will take offence at anything Worthington says, he basically told many of us fans to take a running jump.  Well done you ********  now **** off please.

You just wait blah blah - if we lose the first game its gonna be deja vu, and I aint supporting properly until we either turn it around (that doesnt mean 8th) or that **** in charge leaves our club.

WORTHY OUT

Yes, we definitely need to give them our support - to at least give them a chance. I think that to do otherwise is totally pointless. If it pans out badly, the old tensions will soon rise again - but we need to at least start on the right foot. 

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

You just wait blah blah -

if we lose the first game its gonna be deja vu, and I aint

supporting properly until we either turn it around (that doesnt

mean 8th) or that **** in charge leaves our club.

WORTHY OUT

[/quote]

If you don''t want to support "properly" then I suggest you stay away. We don''t need your sort of "support"

Incidentally, you said you were leaving these boards until the new

season. Just another 1st Wiz style "screw you guys, I''m going home"

tantrum eh?

You seem to have a little problem with your keyboard too - not brave enough to use real swear words?

I can assure you its just a fleeting visit brought about by the signing of new Coach Martin Hunter.

I won''t be staying away, I will be doing what I feel is best for our club. When Worthy again chooses his favorite player as first name on the teamsheet it will; yet again reinforce the point (that doesn''t need any reinforcement) that he is a cack manager (and a prize pillock) whom has failed miserably to do his job since Darren Huckerby got us promoted.

[quote]I won''t be staying away, I will be doing what I feel is best for our club. [/quote]

Good point Foghorn.

What Norwich City needs, I mean really needs, more than a new hotel, midfielders who can pass and run, a corner infill, the support of 20,000 regular fans, is a bloke who complains constantly about their every move on an online forum.

Why didn''t I realise this before ? ;)

Best post i''ve read for a long while!!

I''m in full agreement and anyone who disagrees with the sentiments of this post has their own interests ahead of the club''s!!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]unless there is a united NCFC at carra rd next season, we will already be starting on the wrong foot.

last season i became a worthy outer and delia doubter, after being a worthy doubter and a delia disappointer in the prem season.  i attended the st. andrews meeting and the protest rally that followed it.

as a loyal and true supporter of City, i want what''s best for the club - despite what personalities are involved in owning and managing it at the time.  in my view, the clubs survival and then ambition and success is paramount above all other considerations. 

its clear city need to do well this season, and i believe the best interest of city is presently served by getting behind worthy and hunter full square.  of course, it won''t stop me having opinions about them, but for the time being i feel giving them support is what the club needs. 

However, I''ve not heard worthy utter one word to try get his detractors onside - i''m prepared to see the picture picture and put out an olive branch and i suggest if he cares about city he does the same pronto.

its time to put the memories of last season behind us, and start fresh again with a positive atmosphere at carra. 

[/quote] I will be! - Bring on next season OTBC.

I will give it a go but its going to mighty difficult with Worthington in charge.  He''s been a massive failure the last two years and where, tell me, where is the recovery coming from??  Nil signings so far! its absolutely disgusting.

I love how the few KTF`s left always trot out "if you blame anything on Worthy you are being disloyal"

Thats utter tosh.

I love the fact that when KTFs quote facts they leave out that it was universally accepted that we played very unattractive hoofball last year as well

as losing more games than all but 4 clubs in the division.

We were 9th in a very very mediocre division.

We were not remotely close to ever getting a playoff place let alone automatic promotion.

Look for more massive chants of WORTHY OUT this year by the "small minority" LOL.

I''m a KTF''er but i don''t think ''''If you blame anything on Worthy you are being disloyal''''. I believe it is Worthy''s fault that we have played bad football last season, it IS his fault we didn''t reach our capable position, it IS his fault we have made poor signings. But how is he going to improve if we are just going to throw everything at him??

[quote user="nh_ncfc"]I''m a KTF''er but i don''t think ''''If you blame anything on Worthy you are being disloyal''''. I believe it is Worthy''s fault that we have played bad football last season, it IS his fault we didn''t reach our capable position, it IS his fault we have made poor signings. But how is he going to improve if we are just going to throw everything at him??[/quote]

You are in an extremely small minority of KTF`s who blame Worthington for anything.

Most KTFs will never admit Worthy has any mistakes at all.

They think we played attractive football, has made great signings, never plays players out of position and is a tactical genius.

You asked "how is he going to improve if we are just going to throw everything at him"

Thats the point, most WO`s feel he is out of his depth (as he was at Blackpool)

You cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Time for him to go.

[quote user="nh_ncfc"]I''m a KTF''er but i don''t think ''''If you blame anything on Worthy you are being disloyal''''. I believe it is Worthy''s fault that we have played bad football last season, it IS his fault we didn''t reach our capable position, it IS his fault we have made poor signings. But how is he going to improve if we are just going to throw everything at him??[/quote]

You are in an extremely small minority of KTF`s who blame Worthington for anything.

Most KTFs will never admit Worthy has any mistakes at all.

They think we played attractive football, has made great signings, never plays players out of position and is a tactical genius.

You asked "how is he going to improve if we are just going to throw everything at him"

Thats the point, most WO`s feel he is out of his depth (as he was at Blackpool)

You cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Time for him to go

[quote user="USAcanary"]Look for more massive chants of WORTHY OUT this year by the "small minority" LOL.The only way to force a change in management is to stand up at the ground and shout "WORTHY OUT"
No manager has ever survived a protest by the majority of the fans.
Stand up and be counted.
[/quote]

So you going to practising what you preach?

I don''t want Worthington to stay particularly, and I understand his limitations. BUT I also understand the knee-jerk, witch-hunters don''t always make the right decision for the sake of "their" club.

So I guess I would be considered by your immedi-judgement to be a WO.

Don''t pigeon-hole me, I''ll think what I want thanks. As will the rest of us, pro or anti Worthington.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="USAcanary"]Look for more massive chants of WORTHY OUT this year by the "small minority" LOL.The only way to force a change in management is to stand up at the ground and shout "WORTHY OUT"
No manager has ever survived a protest by the majority of the fans.
Stand up and be counted.
[/quote]

So you going to practising what you preach?
[/quote]

What about discussing some of the failings of Worthington?

Or maybe he has done nothing wrong in your eyes and all the recent unrest at carrow road was an illusion?