Sign in to follow this  
rich

how can anyone be happy?

with that performance. I just wanted to know if anyone could defend it. Because I''d be happier to hear it.

I have to agree - it''d be easy to blame the defeat on bad luck but we looked second best in all departments. Both the centre halves look way past it (Malky looked embarrasing slow), the midfield seemed incapable of stringing two passes together and simply isn''t hungry enough for the 50-50''s, (why is it every side seems to stroll up to our penalty box without any challenge?) and the strikers are painfully predictable. Finally, our ball retention was appalling. Credit to Hammond though, I thought he looked dangerous when he came on and was unlucky not to score.

Bottom line is that although the nucleus is there we are deficient in too many areas to challenge right at the top of this league and the funds are not available to improve the the team in the most crucial positions. Until that changes we''ll continue to beat average sides at home and lose to slightly better than average sides (and Forest are in this bracket) away from home. I don''t blame Worthy for this (and this is just my opinion as I know many will disagree!) as I think he''s getting as much as he can out of the players at his disposal.

Can''t legislate for howlers like Mr Green''s however, he''s starting to build up a rogues gallery of bloopers.....

Something to moan about I guess....

What point are you trying to make here exactly? The fact that things DID get better and we DID get promoted? Don''t we all know that?? I''m sure we all post things on here that in hindsight were proved right/wrong, yourself included Ama. I''m up for a good debate but spare me the smart-arse comments almost a year after the event.............