Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Ideas to raise money for transfers.

Why dont we invent a dart board with worthless head on, im sure it would sell thousands, so then we would have plecty of money for Davenport and Norris.

Or maybe a nigel worthington stress head.

What do you think?

Voice: " My idea; 100 people sit outside Carrow Road, sleeping in tents, until Worthy is sacked. The thousands of other Worthy Outers pay a pound a day until he''s gone. Could raise a fortune!"

That I''d like to see! I bet you couldn''t even get 10 let alone a hundred.

We''ve heard it all before about the 1000s of worthy outers. You got about 200 for your protests and a few hundred more for your petition including all the people that signed twice!

Still go on then if you think you could raise the money do so. I won''t hold my breath though because the Worthy Outers despite all the big talk, you have never delivered anything.

Where has the money gone , maybe we have a corrupt Board , bring back Robert Chase and lets have a little success on the pitch again. Cook get back to the kitchen , your turning this club into a laughing stock.

[quote user="We need a Manager"]90% want him out , pay no heed to fence somebody undid his straightjacket and let him at the keyboard.[/quote]

Well go on then - organise the protest. I await to see the 100 camping out and the "fortune" raised. Or is it just the same talk that led to the massive 200 strong protests and 500 name-petition?

When will the protest start then?

I  assume, that the fence that you''re ''gettin off on''  must be corroded wire and ''barbed'' - just like your idiosycratic and inane retorts.....Or maybe, it''s a poorly constructed wooden fence, and you''re just a contributory and full off dry rot plank that''s become detached........  

everyones had enough of protesting! hardly anyone will come and its a waste of time! think of something to get everyone involved it dont have to be about us wanting worthy to go because that''ll only get the poeple who want worthy to go involved! if you want 2 make some money think of a better way instead of putting worthys head on a dartboard! 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I  assume, that the fence that you''re ''gettin off on''  must be corroded wire and ''barbed'' - just like your idiosycratic and inane retorts.....Or maybe, it''s a poorly constructed wooden fence, and you''re just a contributory and full off dry rot plank that''s become detached........  

[/quote]

Mello, I don''t feel the need to be witty or urbane like you presumably think you are. I was simply pointing out that the thousands of Worthy outers that would contribute to the "camp" suggested by Voice simply don''t exist. Every time we were promised some mass protest it fizzled out - just as this latest suggestion will.

Prove me wrong!

Are you suggesting that the majority of fans that pay to see that shower of **** of every week don''t want him out?

Did not sound like it fizzled out against QPR did it ???? so many people HATE this manager with a vengence , only the love of little old Delia keeps him in a job , but then she was the same with the other Irishman .Maybe shes into all things Irish , nudge nudge wink wink.

[quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Mello, I don''t feel the need to be witty or urbane like you presumably think you are. I was simply pointing out that the thousands of Worthy outers that would contribute to the "camp" suggested by Voice simply don''t exist. Every time we were promised some mass protest it fizzled out - just as this latest suggestion will.

Prove me wrong!

[/quote]

Oh deary me ''Gettin'' off on a fence''.......So, I presume I''m ''Ivory tinkler Conway Witty'' and ''Grunge rocker  Kurt Urbane'' do I? "Nevermind".....

Anyway, what evidence do you possess to back up your ''invalid'' point, that the fans who ''want a change of manager'' - are just a minority ''rag tag and bobtail'' retarded collective group; who, on the odd occasion, plot and talk a good protest, whilst huddled around a beer stained table in some smoke addled bar? At least they have the courage of their convictions, and are attempting to do something about it. ''Voice'' was being ironic ''presumably'' and most probably doesn''t even possess a tent! "Dib dib, dob Akela."  I attended the ''mass protest'' 10 years ago and it had the desired effect.......eventually.

I concur with your comment that the recent peaceful protests didn''t attract a vast group of ''disgruntled with the manager crowd'' but it started the ball rolling. Not heard a ''Pro Worthy'' chant for a long long while, now, can you explain that?   I dearly want a change of manager and coaching staff - but I don''t have the urge to congregate and protest, as these days -  it''s just not my ''bag.''  I can guarantee, that on the onset of next season, it isn''t going to get any better - and the discontent will once again rise inside the stadium. Prove me wrong! "And I''ll walk your plank!"

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Prove me wrong!

[/quote]

Oh deary me ''Gettin'' off on a fence''.......So, I presume I''m ''Ivory tinkler Conway Witty'' and ''Grunge rocker  Kurt Urbane'' do I? "Nevermind".....

Anyway, what evidence do you possess to back up your ''invalid'' point, that the fans who ''want a change of manager'' - are just a minority ''rag tag and bobtail'' retarded collective group; who, on the odd occasion, plot and talk a good protest, whilst huddled around a beer stained table in some smoke addled bar? At least they have the courage of their convictions, and are attempting to do something about it. ''Voice'' was being ironic ''presumably'' and most probably doesn''t even possess a tent! "Dib dib, dob Akela."  I attended the ''mass protest'' 10 years ago and it had the desired effect.......eventually.

I concur with your comment that the recent peaceful protests didn''t attract a vast group of ''disgruntled with the manager crowd'' but it started the ball rolling. Not heard a ''Pro Worthy'' chant for a long long while, now, can you explain that?   I dearly want a change of manager and coaching staff - but I don''t have the urge to congregate and protest, as these days -  it''s just not my ''bag.''  I can guarantee, that on the onset of next season, it isn''t going to get any better - and the discontent will once again rise inside the stadium. Prove me wrong! "And I''ll walk your plank!"

[/quote]

Mello - you put lots of things into quotation marks that I have never said. My point is simply that Voice''s protest is hot air - nothing will happen. Despite constant negative harping, most people will give next season a chance and hope things get better.

It may well be that you get what you want and next season is as disasterous as this, but it is certainly not something that most fans wish to happen. You seem to be (possible unfair?) one of the negative minority (and I believe that it is a minority, despite protestations to the contrary) that want next season to go badly as well just to get rid of Worthington.

You seem to find this an alarming stance - I really don''t understand why.

[quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Prove me wrong!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mello - you put lots of things into quotation marks that I have never said. My point is simply that Voice''s protest is hot air - nothing will happen. Despite constant negative harping, most people will give next season a chance and hope things get better.

It may well be that you get what you want and next season is as disasterous as this, but it is certainly not something that most fans wish to happen. You seem to be (possible unfair?) one of the negative minority (and I believe that it is a minority, despite protestations to the contrary) that want next season to go badly as well just to get rid of Worthington.

You seem to find this an alarming stance - I really don''t understand why.

[/quote]

Yes! I am currently negative ''fency'' - as negative as you seem to be - with the people who disagree with our present obstinate and clueless manager.  I support Norwich with a passion, and have held for well over a decade, the obliglatory ''but not necessarily a true fan'' season ticket - also travelling to the majority of the teams away games. Nigel Worthington, is an average, and at best, mid-table Championship manager. He is not the person to lead us back up to the Premiership and keep us there! I don''t care if he once got us into the Premiership.......It''s history, just as Alf Ramsey managed the team that won the World Cup in 66 - and was then shown the door 4 years later......

I don''t, and never will, ''boo'' the team or individuals, and I certainly want what''s best for this club. I want City to win every game, but as a paying customer, I also feel I have the right to be allowed to criticise the quality of the product. I also feel that the club needs an inject of new ideas and personnel. It''s become stale, too cuddly comfy, unfocused and  twiddley fingered  ''ho hum''. I therefore think a new manager, and possibly a shake up of the Director''s on the board - with the appointment of a new Chairmen; also the introduction of a shrewd business type guru who is also a knowledgeable footy orientated individual, which would create a more positive attitude - and ultimately a rewarding promise for the future. I was patient for 10 years in the 1st division wilderness - but I am now intolerant and impatient, as I personally feel that the warning signs have been brushed aside and ignored  by the club manager and its hierarchy. 

''Fency'' I''m as just as alarmed at your remaining positive ''myopic hopeful for the future stance'' - as much as you are at me and my fellow ''minority'' of negative attitude rabblerousers - who are very much concerned with the current situation with the manager at this club.

I will eat my stadium seat if we are successful under Nigel''s tenure next season.....but, I''m feeling pretty confident that my digestive system and alimentary canal will be a ''plastic free zone'' come next May....... ;~)   

Mello, if you don''t boo the team or individuals in it, I have no problem with your general negativity on the message board. It is, of course, your right to criticise in here and mine to contradict you. Where I take issue is with some of your fellow travellers who feel the need to bully players having a poor game and booing the side - I don''t think this is the way fans should behave (careful avoidance of the "true fan" phrase, pleae note, although I think it applies).

As for being hopeful - what other choice is there? I could chose to be despairing but don''t see where it would get me. Presumably at heart you are hopeful too - or are you one of these "would rather see us do badly than do well so that we get rid of worthy types?" Other than your promise to eat plastic, surely you would prefer us to do well?

The difference between us presumably is that you think we have no chance of doing well and I think that we have some. Bottom line is that results will decide Worth''s fate, not you or me and certainly not the protesters who have probably extended Worty''s life cycle. If next season is like this, Worthy will be gone. In the meantime I hope for success simply because I like us to do well. But if we don''t I will still be there supportig us. From a consumerist point of view it''s crazy but that is what football fans do - some get fed up and do other things but most of us put up with it.

We have more than some chance of doing well, we have a very good chance.

Huckerby is on his way back to top form after his virus.  Earnshaw is scoring a goal every 2 games, which translates to 20+ a season.  We will score goals against any team in this division with those two in the team. We have the opportunity to bring in some top championship players over the summer, and the advantage of extra TV money should it be required.  We''ve been through the painful adjustment phase of the first season of the Championship, something that next seasons'' favourites will go through themselves.  I bet you that Kanu won''t be playing for the Baggies in August !

I think we have a lot to be positive about.