Sign in to follow this  
Cantley

Revealed - How Magilton got the Ipswich job..

Sheepshanks says "He blew our socks off".

Well - I''ve heard of the casting couch, but this is something quite new....

Its even funnier when you think of that in the context of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and their Socks on C****s thing. Sorry to be crude but I couldnt help but think of that and roll around the floor laughing.

Not such a great impression that his Lordship didn''t interview another prospective candidate late on friday.

So why interview somebody else if Magilton was so good ?

What happened to those who did go to the further interview stage ? Surely the club must have thought they were suitable or why take it further ?

Compare all the huff and puff from the binners with how Worthington was appointed. The club appeared to have targeted their man long before. Arranged the necessary discussions and bang, job done.

There never was any likelihood of the binners appointing any half decent manager with the money they have but a smokescreen was needed to impress the dimwitted fans.

Holloway has already said as much and Magilton''s all too quick talk about bringing in hungry youngsters has confirmed as much.

The club is on it''s knees, surviving only on the whim of Norwich Union. After years and years of underinvestment they chose to play catch up in one fell swoop, with diisasterous results. Still they''ve always got the two friendlies against Lazio to make up some money.

Nice bit of negotiation that Mr Sheepshanks.

[quote user="Cantley"]

Sheepshanks says "He blew our socks off".

Well - I''ve heard of the casting couch, but this is something quite new....

[/quote]

Well we are talking about Suffolk after all.

Sheepshanks was not alone otherwise he would have said "my" instead of "our".Well i wonder  if there is any involvment of "blowing" and "socks" between Worthington and our board ,and just who he has blown them off ?Perhaps a baseball cap was worn.?What ever lights your candle!