Sign in to follow this  
CRAFTY CANARY

New Player in discussions with Norwich?

Who? Does anyone know who he plays for even - not that this is nessisarily going to happen just intrigued as to who he playes for and what position.

Iwelumo started at stoke I think and is now with Colchester?   Is a centre forward but not really what I think the team needs.

Too right Rudolph - a signing to give us hope for next season and show that last season was an aberration. 

Iwelumo plays for Colchester , played for German team Aachen  , and  Brighton  , fairly good goal scorer  at that level  , been loaned out a lot   ,    has Nigels left brain lobe stopped functioning ?     what about one or two right sided midfielders  ?   

How do we know he is in discussion with us? Cant find anything anywhere.

Seems like a good player, but not sure Colchester would get rid of him. However Id love any signing. If only to stop CJF and co creating a thread whenever another club buys someone.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

How do we know he is in discussion with us? Cant find anything anywhere.

Seems like a good player, but not sure Colchester would get rid of him. However Id love any signing. If only to stop CJF and co creating a thread whenever another club buys someone.

[/quote]

Does the fact that hardly anyone knows who he is, let alone who he plays for, worry you Trent?.

Because it sure as hell does me!

Wiz - Ive heard of him. Scored seventeen goals last season in league one. Think he was fifth top scorer, maybe wrong though.

From what I have heard he is a big lad, pacy, and good in the air. Sounds like the sort of player we could do with, but not before a right winger, or centre midfielder.

But as Ive said before, so far Ive seen absolutely no evidence to suggest we are interested in him, let alone having talks.

1. I''m am 99% sure this is a wind-up

2. iwelumo is useless - a complete donkey who was not good enough for Stoke or Brighton so if the 1% chance that this is true comes to fruition then Worthy has well and truly lost the plot

A good league 1 player but not good enough for the champ and i doubt even Worthington would be stupid enough to sign him. 100% sure this wont happen.

did well in division2(lge1) with stoke they got promoted and he was sent packing after just a few months in div1(champ)

says all i need to know

Jamie Cureton has just been quoted on ceefax as saying that one of the main reasons he signed for Colchester was the opportunity to play alongside Iwelumo. He was one of the reasons Colchester got promoted (along with Danns and Halford) but I''d say Howard at Luton is a better bet for us.

When there are players like Jonatan Johansson available on a free transfer why would we ever consider going for a player of Iwelumo''s quality (or lack of it)? Unless of course we really are up a certain creek without a paddle then it really shows where the people who run the club intend for us to be.

Im sure some people would argue that League one reject (Notts forest) Marlon King moved to the championship and was top scorer....

Players can find form at certain times, not saying Iwelumo would be good here. but 17 goals in league one isnt bad, considering 15 goals in league two from Danny crow is seen by some as proving a point to Worthy..