Sign in to follow this  
Ken Aries

Where is Fat Barman?

I do hope he hasn''t been incapacitated by over-indulging in those fine products they serve at the Fat Cat! Hic!

...if you need a beer - I''m behind the bar! If you want an argument, I''m at a Buddhist retreat.I was getting fed up with the repetitive nature of a lot of the postings, the repeated demands to justify yourself if you weren''t sufficiently anti-worthy, anti-board, or anti-Hughes. Quite frankly I needed an anti-dote!It helped that I took a 3 week break to Menorca the moment our season finished (no - not January!). Even before that, I''d got into the habit of scanning the first two pages, once a week, and deciding there was little point in contributing. Since returning from holiday, there''s been little happening to chat about - I only came on today because one of the regulars told me he''d seen this post!For what it''s worth (no pun intended) I give the whole set-up until mid-October. I''d like to see if we sign anyone interesting and how ''up for it'' the troops are, come the new season.Today, I''m mostly taking happy pills (ones you can drink with!) and looking forward to the World Cup. Nice to hear from you guys - keep it playful, I''ll be back when I''ve finished chilling!

Nice to hear from you again, Fats. I shall have a pint of Summer Lightning next time I visit the best pub in the world. Or maybe a pint of O'' Hanlan''s Port Stout - sheer bliss!

I think there are quite a few of us who are taking a rest from posting. I''ll start posting again properly when pre-season begins or we get some concrete news of a signing. I''m getting fed up with all the arguing and rumours - Worthy Out Now!

[quote user="Fat Barman"]...if you need a beer - I''m behind the bar! If you want an argument, I''m at a Buddhist retreat.

I was getting fed up with the repetitive nature of a lot of the postings, the repeated demands to justify yourself if you weren''t sufficiently anti-worthy, anti-board, or anti-Hughes. Quite frankly I needed an anti-dote!

It helped that I took a 3 week break to Menorca the moment our season finished (no - not January!). Even before that, I''d got into the habit of scanning the first two pages, once a week, and deciding there was little point in contributing. Since returning from holiday, there''s been little happening to chat about - I only came on today because one of the regulars told me he''d seen this post!

For what it''s worth (no pun intended) I give the whole set-up until mid-October. I''d like to see if we sign anyone interesting and how ''up for it'' the troops are, come the new season.

Today, I''m mostly taking happy pills (ones you can drink with!) and looking forward to the World Cup. Nice to hear from you guys - keep it playful, I''ll be back when I''ve finished chilling!
[/quote]

Buddhists  retreat  .....  where`s that pub ?  [B]