Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Blatter; a mad old fool?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/5061302.stm

Is this guy crazy? As if this game isn''t dominated enough by the top teams enough, he wants to make it harder for teams like Norwich to make it in the big time.

Not only this, but less domestic football? I don''t know about you, but I prefer to watch domestic football to international (unless it happens to be England vs Germany in the final of the world cup!), and I''m sure other fans feel the same way.

It''s been clear for a long time that we have a nutter who knows very little about football heading FIFA to me, and this proves it!

Alternatively, you could take the point of view that there would be less fixture congestion, and teams wouldn''t be punished by success in the cups, or postponed matches.  Not completely sure of this, but I seem to remember Arsenal playing 4 matches in 9 days last season.

A lot of the other leagues in Europe have smaller top flight divisions, why not us ?

Mr. Blatter wants to lose 4 games a season (2 teams) to play 4 more internationals.... so the amount of games played is the same for the top players?!

Weak Bladder... as i prefer to call him has for a longtime been a critic of the english game, for a very simple reason. HE CANNOT UNDERSTAND PASSION. He doesn''t see why thousands of people go to watch Peterborough Utd, when in reality they have no hope of reaching the Premiership.

And we have twice as many pro clubs as most countrys... another things he doesn''t like. To a lot of Englishmen/women football is a way of life. I''m sure we all know someone, possibly ourselves, who plans saturdays around ''the match'', wether that be for Norwich or any other team. I don''t think eh likes this

Blatter - he is Swiss after all, and how much does that tiny tinpot Nation know about football? There can''t be too many areas of land flat enough for football pitches, I shouldn''t have thought. Surely, it''s all (cue sweeping generalisations here) chocolate, cuckoo clocks, banking (or something that rhymes with banking, anyway), watches and mountains. The mountains are well worth a look if you have the time, though.

Hope some of you tuned into Panorama  on BBC1  Sunday night  ?    if you did you would be presented with  exposure after exposure   of a network of corruption and bribery , Blatter just being a part of it ,  a " mad old fool "  who`s been making it hand over fist  !   and NOT in any kind of legal fashion ......  this has been going on for years  , makes you think ?

[quote user="sheded"]

Hope some of you tuned into Panorama  on BBC1  Sunday night  ?    if you did you would be presented with  exposure after exposure   of a network of corruption and bribery , Blatter just being a part of it ,  a " mad old fool "  who`s been making it hand over fist  !   and NOT in any kind of legal fashion ......  this has been going on for years  , makes you think ?

[/quote]

As I was watching that sheded, I thought to myself  ''there goes the world cup''.

Yes, I know its a tad conspiracy theory, but I''ll be watching the ref a bit more closely come Thursday!.

In my opinion of course.

I think it''s inevitable that the Premiership will be reduced to 18 clubs, even with the little support it has in this country. What I think will happen is this:

1. Blatter insists on 18 club Premiership.

2. Premiership says ''no - We''ll do our own thing''.

3. Blatter: ''Ok, you''ll be banned from all Euro competitions''

4. Premiership: ''18 team league - what a great idea!''

Easy...

Its possible Komakino - but I think Blatter is FIFA and  the champs league etc is run by Lennie Johannson (sp?) at UEFA and the two apparently do not get on, tothe extent that UEFA would probably think twice about banning england clubs due to therevenue we bring to the tournament.

Would Blatter ban us from the next WC though?  Or more likely insist on fixture dates when we have league games scheduled causing an internal debate.

Doesnt this also affect most of the major european leagues too?  If so I cant see any of them wanting too lose 2 home fixtures and the reveue they bring in.   

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Its possible Komakino - but I think Blatter is FIFA and  the champs league etc is run by Lennie Johannson (sp?) at UEFA and the two apparently do not get on, tothe extent that UEFA would probably think twice about banning england clubs due to therevenue we bring to the tournament.

Would Blatter ban us from the next WC though?  Or more likely insist on fixture dates when we have league games scheduled causing an internal debate.

Doesnt this also affect most of the major european leagues too?  If so I cant see any of them wanting too lose 2 home fixtures and the reveue they bring in.   

[/quote]

It also involves Spain, Italy and France.  Jut can''t see that Blatter/FIFA will be able to make this happen without the consent of the leagues themselves and EUFA.

As you point out FIFA and EUFA don''t exactly get on.  It''s very political.  FIFA can''t afford to upset EUFA because they have (with the exception of Brazil and Argentina) all the best teams in the world and most of the money.

This may sow the seed of the long awaited  European Super League, with Man U,Arsenal,Chelsea and Liverpool all leaving our domestic league.All have huge stadiums ,buy world class players, have the support and sponsorship deals ?