Sign in to follow this  
Dom

STRIKER!

Just read that Luke Beckett is available from Stockport. I''m sure he would be within our reach.....what do you think?

Also Mbo Mpenza, a 27 year old striker from Belgium is available. You watch, and some big club will come in for him!!

Kevin Lisbie has been told he is surplus to requirements at Charlton. As a smallish club they are more likely to understand our financial limitations.

I think Leon Knight would have been a good signing, but Brighton got him.

Iam totally frustrated by the lack of ambition shown by Norwich recently , why do we make derisory offers of 200/300k for strikers who are valued by their clubs for more than double that , if not more and then be dismayed when they sign for one of our rivals . An example is Gareth Taylor , we offer 300k and Forest nip in and offer 500k and sign him ? . lts not as though it is rocket science , but then nothing is ever straight forward with Norwich . The board said just before the Bradford game that they were prepared to fund two new strikers for Worthington to purchase , why didn''t they get on with it before the eleventh hour ? . We could have had Shipperley & Connolly if Worthy and the board had got their act together sooner , then we would be going places and showing some real determination to reach the Premiership , as it stands we are looking at a hell of a long season with few prospects of challenging the top 6 .

That is where we hit a problem, how far do you think i would get if I tell my missus she can not only have that ring she has been after but the three piece suite as well, then giving her a fiver to get it with....I think the board needs to be a little more up front with us and tell us what sort of funds they are making availiable, as coming out with statments telling us they are up for bringing us two strikers then putting in derisory bids is futile and frustrating for the supporters.

I agree with most of your comments however Connolly was never going to be a city player.

Citys accepted bid for him was £450k, more than what he went to the ''appy ''ammers for. He had consistently turned down non-London clubs - including Reading - as he did not want to move house or commute to train.

It is frustrating that many suitable target men have been missed - two of the prospects left on the shelf are Ashton of Crewe and Beckett of Stockport but City need an experienced target man now and that will cost us hard cash in wages if not transfer fee.

The goals become secondary to the style of play NW adopts which means a front man who can hold up the ball and releive the pressure form the central defenders, who are looking the shakiest they have for years. A target man who can consistently hold up the ball, has some pace and bring the midfield into play would also make us muchmore threatening away from home.

Having lost Russell, Kents, Izzy, Steeno, Heckingbottam & Neilsen this summer & only brought in three players we must have some wages spare to sign a decent front man, and thats before the sponsor money is added. As we could sign 2 players before Neilsen went we must be able to push the boat out on one target man without upsetting the financial balance of the club? The likes of Dublin would be perfect even on loan - and there must be someone else like him but of lesser ability who could also do us a holding job?

What is worse is that this season the division seems mediocre at best and the addition of a target man should move us from play off hopefuls to promotion candidates.

So come on Nige & the board, surprise me - the next 7 days are crucial.

OTBC

Dont forget though that we have been shafted in the past - many a time. David Connelly touted at £500k + and reading offered this eventually goes for £285K. Bournemouth wanted £1mill for Scott Mean a few years back and the went to West Ham for £150K. Gareth Taylor was rated at £1mill - for a 30year old in the final year of his contract and Forest did get him for £300K plus add ons. Clubs see us coming and tend to hike the price up. Remember Neil Emblem???

Ok l agree about Connolly he wanted to stay in London , but Shipperley was flattered by our interest and he is at 28 experienced yet young enough to have done a good job for us yet we let him get away ! . l think the likes of Ashton and Beckitt are targets worth pursuing . lts possible than lwan can do us a job for one more season and if he gets the service he can still deliver . What about the likes of getting a prem player or two on a season long loan there several candidates such as ; Rebrov , Huckerby , Crouch , Lua Lua , Cort or Chopra .
l think we need a good defender or two as l agree that Flem and Malky are looking their age and although they may be able to carry on for a couple of years , its time to bring in a couple of players like Bronby or someone similar . lam just feeling very brassed off with the lack of urgency from the club when it seems obvious that things are becoming desperate ! .

As predicted, it appears Mbo Mpenza is now linked to a move with Racing Santander

I couldn''t resist re-surfacing this old post too, as it encapsulates the problem with people moaning. We should have pushed the boat out for Gareth Taylor... the club lack ambition. Well, hindsight suggests that when Worthy said he''s not worth that much... he was right. Which suggests that we should trust Worthy a bit more with who he brings in. He''s brought success to the club on the back of some good players and an effective attitude and style of play. He''s not perfect, some players have been and gone, but as long as we''re moving forward that''s fine by me.

And replacing Briggs with Helveg looks like moving forward to me.

Ama

h/canary where did you ever get "challenging top six" from,i suggest the local pharmacy ,they stock reality pills!

Shipperly will not survive in the Premiership.
I agree that Dean Ashton would be a good buy.
Read in another thread today that someone was saying that Crystal Palaca & WBA had made some good purchases.
I disagree that Palace have done any thing to help their cause.
Really see them as boot boys this season