so let me get this straight were not interested in a proven premiership striker, in a position where we desperately need it...but we are interested in a 27 year old utility man, in a positon we dont who failed to establish himself in the prem....remind me again why I want worthy out....

So by proven you mean the 1 goal then and the massive wages demands he will have? Yeah i can see why we MUST have him.

erm.... proven premiership striker 10 years ago maybe. He had no impact at Birmingham to speak of. I think Worthys right in not being interested in Sutton.

However, I also think the last thing we need is to be buying another utility man.

Remember we don''t want players with any skill, who want to play with the ball on the ground. He dosn''t have a clue does he, I was willing to give him a second chance believe that maybe he had learnt from past mistakes but evidently not, the season hasn''t even started yet and this idiot is already destroying my hopes.

OR

We are not interested in a 33 year old striker who would command a wage of in excess of £10, 000 a week, would be after one last pay check before retiring, probably wouldn''t get through a season without an injury or two and we have Jarvis, Henderson, Huckerby, Earnshaw, McVeigh and McKensie... and we are interested in a 27 year old left back/central midfielder who would provide excellent cover for Drury and probably push him for a first team place, be able to cover Huckerby in emergencies and may play in midfield if Hughes/Robinson/Safri/Etuhu are injured.

It''s fine being a Worthy Outer, just like I am, but you do not need to put spin on everything Worthington does.  He is probably correct in not wanting Sutton and Clarke seems like a sensible buy if he is being brought here as cover.  There is nothing wrong with adding depth to the squad with purchases like Clarke, providing that these are mixed with some quality signings which will improve the first team such as a right sided midfielder.  Why not wait until he has completed his transfer dealings before indulging in slagging off potential signings before they have even arrived/ played a game for us. 

A utility player that can play in one of two positions!So you didnt want Huckerby when he came then?As for Sutton - I think it is to do more with wages than anything else. Thats why that statment has been released. Its maybe directed at the agent who may have made inquiries into the possibility. Who knows?!!As for Sutton being proven premiership material - it has to be said that the last time he really proved his premiership ability was at Blackburn  - Chelsea possibly but it wasnt a great success. Celtic he did well at but then that is in the Scottish league where there are two or three maybe four teams worthy of being called Premiership quality whilst the rest would be lucky to make it in the championship.Not defending Worthington here, just trying to look at it as if I was any other Championship manager. Also if he was prem material then prem clubs would be going in fot him surely? I would love to see him come back here to finnish his career I really would but is that just the romance of ten years ago coming back or is it the thought he could actually do really well?

I seem to be getting more angry with what Worthless comes out with everyday. As you say Sutton is a quality player that could do a great job for us in the fizzy league. Instead we will end up buying some injury prone players who are so versitile that they will end up on the bench because worthless can''t find the best position to play them. I keep looking at the forums everyday in the hope of some good news. Instead the depression is starting to set in. For god sake Delia do something to change the situation the club are in.

Ridiculous... When I saw the headline I didn''t know whether to laugh or cry! Sutton would cause chaos in this division, be a perfect partner for Earnie & net his fair share too!!!

I know people will point to his injury record of late, but if he was on a pay per play contract it wouldn''t matter!

And what did Wortless say? Sutton too old and was looking for younger players.But didnt he say the other day

that he would love to have Duncan Ferguson here but his wages would be to much?Correct me if I am wrong but isnt Ferguson older than Sutton? HYPOCRITE......

GET RID OF THIS MORON NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

[quote user="CRAFTY CANARY"]

And what did Wortless say? Sutton too old and was looking for younger players.But didnt he say the other day

that he would love to have Duncan Ferguson here but his wages would

be to much?Correct me if I am wrong but isnt Ferguson older than

Sutton? HYPOCRITE......

[/quote]

Your post reminds me of this:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

This is typical Worthington! Get rid of Thorne, Fleming, Hughes, Louis Jean then use the money to pay Suttons wages. It would be worth it hes an excellent target man and good to have in the dressing room.

His comments about looking for younger players are ridiculous as he hasnt exactly given the young players at Norwich much of a chance.

Does not bode well for next season.

I wouldn''t be particularly keen on getting Sutton back but if it''s a choice between him v Ferguson then (IMO) there is absolutely no contest.

Sutton is a better footballer

Ferguson has an appalling injury record throughout his career

Ferguson is also a thug on the field - look at his disciplinary record!    

[quote user="CRAFTY CANARY"]

that he would love to have Duncan Ferguson here but his wages would be to much?Correct me if I am wrong but isnt Ferguson older than Sutton? HYPOCRITE......

[/quote]

I think you have imagined the Ferguson comment.

Sutton is the sort of player we need, and althought the wages will be quite large i''m sure he wouldnt have wanted any more than 10k-15k a week. Also, if we want to buy a younger player in this position we would have to pay a transfer fee of at least 1.5m to get any quality and wages of  over 5-10k a week. We are not saving money by buying someone who is in contract instead of sutton. He would be great with Earnshaw, but then again worthy doesnt buy much quality, Enock showumni from lution is probably top of his wanted list.

Sutton. Old, slow, injury prone, lacking any sort of motivation, did sod-all at Brum, would want loads of money and a bit of a tosser to boot.Even I could probably score a couple in the Scots premier, its pub football apart from the big 3.Anyone who wants him back is either severely misguided or a binner in disguise.Over the hill doesn''t even begin to describe it, the last thing I want is him and his ego coming back to Norwich for a couple of "semi-retirement" seasons.Matt, you say Worthy doesn''t sign quality players and in the same sentence mention Earnshaw - are you off your rocker? Presumably Hucks, Ashton, Helveg etc were all crap signings too?He doesn''t get it right every time, but we''ve seen more true quality signed in the last 5 years than the 5 previous to that. Or maybe Steve Walsh and Tony Cottee (aged about 43) are "quality" in your book?

This really is a rubbish excuse to bash Worthy. Sutton is past it and we have just lost 2 left backs and have only 1 on the books. How can this be a position that does not need filling??????!!! Cheep backup makes sense to me.

on the contrary, we do need a left-sided player. in fact we need two. all we have on the left side is drury and huckerby. they will need cover.

also, chris sutton is the ultimate utility man. i can think of few other players who can play centre defence, centre mid and striker.

In Worthingtons defense he has signed a few good players theres no doubt about it but Worthington has had  more money than any other Norwich manager has ever been allowed near. The 5 years Worthington has had in charge can''t be compared to the 5 years before that imo....

[quote user="Jimaldinho"]In Worthingtons defense he has signed a few good players theres no doubt about it but Worthington has had  more money than any other Norwich manager has ever been allowed near. The 5 years Worthington has had in charge can''t be compared to the 5 years before that imo....[/quote]Thats a valid point Jimaldinho, and the reason we have had relatively loads of cash to throw about is thanks to the improvement in the running of the club behind the scenes and the investment of the major shareholders....who along with Worthy come in for a lot of unwarranted criticism.I''m far from Worthy''s biggest fan, truth be told I thought he should have walked at the end of the season. However, it appears as if he will be here for at least the start of next season, so I see little point in being petty and negative about every single signing/comment he makes. Hes on trial again as far as I''m concerned and signing some cover on the left hand side for little cash looks like a shrewd move to me. If we were selling Hucks or Drury then yes, it would be a worrying signing, but unless I''ve missed the big news, we''re not. Likewise, ruling out a move for an overrated, overpaid and probably by now overweight Sutton is a shrewd move.If theres a decent reason to have a go then fair enough, but people have just started going loopy over this. Extreme paranoia and a "Chicken Likken" mindset seems to taken over the forum (although if you look closely you''ll notice its the same old handful of doom and gloom merchants almost every time)