Sign in to follow this  
Joe4Ncfc

Best Seats

For the best overall view of the pitch, I would choose as close to the half way line as possible and about 10 rows from the front in the Jarrold Stand. For the best atmosphere it would have to be either the snake-pit or blocks D and E in the lower Barclay. I am a casual supporter myself and the places I have just mentioned are always my 1st choices when buying tickets.

Don''t get me started.

Sitting on the back row means you can stand up without blocking anyone''s view.  Provided you''re in an area free of jobsworth stewards who will make you sit down no matter what.

Obvious disadvantage if you prefer to be close to the action which I do. But then you may have to suffer a running commentary from Mr Moaning Sadbastard in the row behind shouting "Sunday League!" or some other football cliche at frequent intervals.  When it was terraces you could simply move away, now it goes on for years, it''s a case of which of us dies first.

Then there is the sun to contend with.  Remember the lunchtime kickoff against Liverpool on a sunny Sunday in December 2004, when those of us in the Lower Barclay couldn''t see a thing?  Not a thing.  We couldn''t clap either because we were using our hands to shield our eyes.  It made for a very strange atmosphere.  On the other hand, if that''s what you''re used to, sitting in any other part, especially the new NU corner feels rather claustrophobic. 

I grew up in the South Stand where the away fans go now.  Since then I''ve never found a place where I really feel at home, especially since all seater came in.  It just isn''t the same.  Even churchgoers stand up when they want to sing, for goodness sake.

Bring back standing areas!

For the best view of the pitch, I would choose a seat as close as possible to the halfway line and about 10 rows back in the Jarrold Stand. You will have an excellent view of all the action from here. The only drawback is that you aren''t quite close enough to either goal, but you should be able to see everything that happens during the match quite well in this position. For the best atmosphere, but not the best view, I would pick either the snake-pit or D and E blocks of the lower Barclay.

We have seats 14 rows back in the Jarrold Stand about a third of the way along from the NU Community Stand and close to an exit (I''m not too mobile!) and the view is excellent - we''re happy there anyway!

Apologies for my second post on this thread. I haven''t gone mad. What happened was, I thought I had stopped the 1st post from being sent as I wanted to make a late correction, but obviously I failed to do so. Hence, 2 very similar posts on exactly the same subject.

atm im in the norwich union upper, its a good group in there but the post coming down from the n+p roof is annoying. I like being near the goal, but dnt really want the sun in my eyes!

Guessing that n+p or jarrold is place to be, but where are the better areas in those stands?

We sit in the N&P Upper in Area R.  We are directly above the goal - so have an excellent view of any action our end.  We can also admire Doherty''s bald patch and Flem''s shiny head.

I know we can''t compete with the Barclay for noise, but we''re not silent either!

I sit in area Q of the River End somewhere towards the back. Sometimes the atmosphere is a little lacking to the other end but good place to watch the match from. Also surrounded by an interesting mix of people which leads to some often amusing comments being made.

I sit in the n+p to the left of the goal (nearest to the kiddies corner) and it can be quite vocal at times. Most of the people around that area appear to be quite lively and you can actually sing without people looking at you like you are some alien! But without doubt the best place to be is the Barclay or the Snake Pit.

"Us ''Barclay Boys'' make far more noise than the snake pit!!!! "

Erm no you dont the barclay are snakepit rejects, and one question have the barclay ever got anyone sent off? The snakepit have. you will never beat the snakepit!

[quote user="YGB"]

"Us ''Barclay Boys'' make far more noise than the snake pit!!!! "

Erm no you dont the barclay are snakepit rejects, and one question have the barclay ever got anyone sent off? The snakepit have. you will never beat the snakepit!

[/quote]

Oh no, you''re wrong again!! The snake pit is for Barclay rejects!! It''s for the people nolonger youthful enough to compete with the big boys! [;)]

ooh look at us in the snake-pit, we got someone sent off, doesn''t that makes us brilliant. The snake pit is a poor place to watch the game from, and you aint half as loud as us ;-)

If you aint gonna sit in the Barclay, don''t bother.

Oh and considering the Barclay is about 5 times bigger than the snake pit how are we snake pit rejects?.....We''re the Barclay, We''re The Barclay, We''re The Barclay Over Here!

oh while having the sun directly in your eyes is a good way to watch a match? The snakepit come up with the lyrics to most of the songs the barclay just copy us. By the way im 17 so i think i still have some youth in me!!

[quote user="YGB"]oh while having the sun directly in your eyes is a

good way to watch a match? The snakepit come up with the lyrics to most

of the songs the barclay just copy us. By the way im 17 so i think i

still have some youth in me!![/quote]

The Barclay just copy us. Hahahahahaha!

[quote user="YGB"]oh while having the sun directly in your eyes is a good way to watch a match? The snakepit come up with the lyrics to most of the songs the barclay just copy us. By the way im 17 so i think i still have some youth in me!![/quote]

You make up most of the songs do you? Name me one to originate from the snake pit?

Ah yes standing on terraces great times- being herded in, not being able to see the match properly, aching legs, somebody taking a piss next to you at half time, being pushed and shoved, did I mention not being able to see .... Heysel, Hillsborough, fences ah yes those were the days.

Most people who want standing back don''t remember the good old days

Do not bring back standing ever again!! The atmosphere is (generally) better at Carrow Road now more people join in the chanting/singing/boos/worthy out around the ground. Can you imagine how it would be with a sanitized standing area? Then if anyone stood up shouted or chanted then the stewards could throw them out.  

And another thing ... Why the hell is Robert Green not starting for England B tomorrow? Another winner from the most incompetent and professionally neglegent manager around, no not Worthy!

I too have finally come up on the season ticket waiting list and as the area where I have always sat, the South/Jarrold stand is not available, I have been following this thread to get guidance over where to commit myself next season.

Is the atmosphere in the N&P or the view from the Snakepit as bad as alleged?

Instead we have a childish playground debate over which bit makes up the songs and gets people sent off.

Thanks for your help guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the barclay is the best. The leg rooms a bit tight but the views are excellent as is the atmosphere.

I have sat in all the stands at Carrow Road and the Jarrold Stna dis a huge dissapointment! the view is miles from the pitch! at tthe back ur too high, the rows are far too long. u get soaked... the facilites are lacking.

for the money we spent we couldof modernised the old stand!

jas :)

[quote user="Joe4Ncfc"]with the movers and shakers week coming up, where does everyone think is the best place to sit?[/quote]

Last season it was definitely one of the seats at the corner of the DJ stand in Branagans - excellent view of the big screen.

Alright, chill out cambridge. Yes the atmosphere in the N+P is pretty poor, as is the rest of the ground other than the snake pit and the Barclay - although, this season has been pretty poor everywhere due to the conflict in opinions over management issues, and shoddy performances at pitch level. For a better view of the pitch, towards the back of the lower tier in the Barclay is good - if you don''t want the sun in your eyes sit in the snake pit which still has a good atmo. If you don''t really fancy standing up for the majority of the game, or screaming and balling, don''t sit in either of these stands.

No Problem.

[quote user="Canary Royal"]

Ah yes standing on terraces great times- being herded in, not being able to see the match properly, aching legs, somebody taking a piss next to you at half time, being pushed and shoved, did I mention not being able to see .... Heysel, Hillsborough, fences ah yes those were the days.

Most people who want standing back don''t remember the good old days

Do not bring back standing ever again!! The atmosphere is (generally) better at Carrow Road now more people join in the chanting/singing/boos/worthy out around the ground. Can you imagine how it would be with a sanitized standing area? Then if anyone stood up shouted or chanted then the stewards could throw them out.  

And another thing ... Why the hell is Robert Green not starting for England B tomorrow? Another winner from the most incompetent and professionally neglegent manager around, no not Worthy!

[/quote]

I remember standing terraces at FCR & I still much prefer those days!! Bring back standing!!!!

I sit in the Upper Barclay, DU.  You get a fantastic view, good banter around and also get to hear both the Lower barclay and Snakepit in full tune, plus you get to see the away supporters either barracking the barclay or getting ejected!  For the view - definately the upper barclay.