Sign in to follow this  
susie b

City Dreams!

With the footy so much on our minds at the moment, I was wondering if any fellow posters had experienced any strange NCFC-related dreams lately.
At risk of sounding really stupid...well, even more so than usual, I had a most bizarre dream last night and it was so real that I woke up absolutely convinced it had happened. I entered a competition that had the first prize of meeting Crouchy and interviewing him for the local rag. Of course, I won, and headed off to a plush hotel armed with my questions. Over a scrummy meal I gradually managed to ask each one and record the answers given. The one question that really stuck in my mind was ''"What did you think of Norwich/Norfolk when you first arrived here and did your opinion change by the time you left?" The answer seemed to go on and on, and ended up with the man himself getting his plane ticket out of his wallet and tearing it up as he said, " damn it, I never wanted to leave here in the first place, and coming back to do this has just confirmed it. Now what is Worthy''s number?" I was so amazed by this that I woke up from my dream with a huge smile on my face and thought ''yeeeeessss...we''ve got him!''...until I caught sight of my alarm clock, which said 4.15am!!!
Yep - I really did feel stupid, and I didn''t manage to get any more sleep after that.

Anyone else care to admit to anything similar? Surely I''m not the only insane person on here?!

Susie,
Were you listening to Radio Norfolk last night. Nigel and Roger M were on and someone phoned in to ask about possibly signing Peter Crouch and NW said how much his (PCs) mum and dad wanted him to sign for Norwich. This sort of family/belonging thing can subliminally get inside your head and may explain your dream. I had a similar thing when Marc Libbra signed my ''19 seconds'' T shirt last season. God I sound like a shrink. Its the pressure!!!!!!

I must admit that I didn''t hear the Radio Norfolk interview, so it can''t have been that! I was looking at the City Stats page in the EDP and Evening News though, and Crouchy was listed in several of the tables there, not surprisingly. Perhaps it was that brief glimpse of his name, or perhaps just a huge dollop of wishful thinking on my part. Anyway, I managed a good night''s sleep last night without any green and yellow references, so perhaps my condition can be described as currently stable! (I can''t believe that I''m the only one on here prepared to confess to anything like this, though! Come on the rest of you!)

Well I''ve got to be honest Kathy and susie b I haven''t had any city related dreams recently. However I will give you a day dream I''ve been having for a few days now:

I''m sitting in my seat in the upper Barclay. We''re attacking towards the River End and Hendo has just been fouled. The free kick comes over and big Malky heads it in. I go absolutley wild and mock the away away support! A few minutes later and the same result. A free kick knocked in and it falls to Malky who, in spite of a pathetic attempt at saving it from a god awful keeper, it sails into the top corner. I can''t remember being this happy and leave the ground a little bit later dreaming of the premiership!

Wait a minute.......

Funny Dumbledelia, I had that one too, on Sunday night. I put it down to eating a lump of cheese before I went to bed but if that was the case then most of the people I work with must have eaten cheese that night as well ''cos they were saying the same things to me on Monday morning!
Kathy, you might be right about it being a girl thing...but I have my suspicions that the guys on here might be afraid to confess, so come on, prove me wrong!

Girls, Girls, Girls

You know us boys don''t like to talk about premature elation!

And just what sort of premature elation are you referring to NMTD? Us girls can''t possibly imagine, so, go on....DO TELL!

Thought I''d just share with you all that I dream about Hucks most nights and he scores most nights too,now back to football what were we talking about.
Seriously though seems a long time ago that we were on here every night in the lead up to Xmas with the will he wont he saga,I never dreamt at all in December as I was too stressed to sleep never mind dream.

I had a strange dream last night and if it is football related please put me down now. I dreamt I was a dustbin man emptying wheelie bins. help!!! Is my brain telling me I am a closet scummer please no!!!!

Well Susie b

I have noticed there is a tendency for some of the younger posters to this board to get over excited about the team - their boyish youthfulness and boundless enthusiasm tend to result in them thinking the job is done way too soon - basically they are elating too early.

Us older, more experienced posters, realise that you shouldn''t elate until the job is done properly. Not until it is mathematically impossible to fail, do the more worldly wise amongst us perform the act of elation - we know that it could lead to disatisfaction to go up too early.

Of course the ultimate is to beat the binners away, sign Huckerby, beat the binners at home, get promoted as champions - true multiple elations!

Of course going up once, could lead to a period of going down, up, down, up - a yoyo existance that can lead to much frustration if it goes on for too long but in the end we could all end up much more satisfied.

I hope this helps - if not - ask your Mother!

Thanks for the explanation NMTD. Guess you''d better put me in the same camp as yourself, then, as I am surrounded by the premature elation brigade at work, whereas I am cautiously sitting on the fence muttering ''there''s a long way to go...lots could happen'' etc., especially when my Hammer boss and my Baggie/Mackem colleagues are nearby. Anyway, I''m relieved to report another good night''s sleep last night with no flashes of green and yellow to wake me up with a start. Perhaps I''m now in ''focus mode'' ready for this weekend''s match! A win on Saturday might, however, change that for a couple of nights I suppose as slight whiffs of champers could prevail! (City angel - you need to keep taking the Hucks aversion tablets, I think, although a good chat with someone who understands...like me...might help!)

I have City dreams all the time Susie, in them we always lose, this reminds me what my dear old mum used to say, ''you always reverse your dreams dear''. Perhaps that why we''re doing so well.

I suppose the time to worry is when we start winning them in my dreams, although I''m not sure what it means when stark naked, I score the winner in front of an empty Barclay, with only Delia cheering me on, mind you it could have been the extra pickle on my cheese sarny for my supper!.

At last...someone prepared to confess! Good on yer, Wiz! Perhaps us long-suffering dreamers should get together to discuss our affliction over a mug of cocoa. I''m not sure I want to risk your wrath by attempting to interpret your ''scoring-naked-in-front-of Delia-at-the-Barclay End'' romp, but I''m sure that we all understand the need to imagine things like this...and we know that it is all pretty harmless - except when, like with my dream, you wake up suddenly and believe for a while that it has really happened. It''s a good job no one can see you go a deep shade of red in the dark!

NMTD - very funny post. I would like to nominate it for a message board Oscar. Never realised men knew so much about that sort of thing. However I dont thionk you can last out much longer. Three points on Saturday might push you over the edge!

Thank you Kathy for your kind words....

Three points on Saturday might just finish me off - and as we all know - we are getting close to the climax of the season!

What with all this talk about pre-elations, climaxing, naked in front of Delia etc, are you sure we''re on the right website!!. Now where did I put the wet celery?.

Well, beelsie, with the tension increasing as the season gradually draws to a close you may not have any control over your slumbering thoughts and you may find yourself joining us on here with our weird and wonderful tales. Hope you will be prepared to share them with us if you do! (I was in a dentist''s chair in last night''s dream, and woke up just as the whirring of the drill started. Empathy with Gary Holt over his bad tooth that needs to come out? Probably not. I''ve soon got to have root canal treatment on a tooth that was hit when I was playing squash, so it''s probably that I''ve started to get nervous about that already. Has anyone on here had this done before? If so, does it hurt?)

No, I have''nt Susie, but I will be keeping everything ''crossed'' for you. If it helps, try rubbing your index finger and thumb together whilst thinking happy thoughts, it sounds weid but it does work. Let us all know how you get on, ok?.

Thanks ever so for your concern, Wiz. I have opted to take the coward''s way out and have sedation so I won''t know anything about it, but that won''t stop the pain when I wake up again I guess. Am going in on 1st April (someone''s idea of a joke, no doubt) so I shall probably have last night''s dream several more times before the big day...in between all those lovely green and yellow ones of course! Now where was I in that hotel having a meal with PC, and has he got through to Worthy yet?

It maybe crazy but, this dream situation is something I have experienced often. For years I have seen things in my sleep that eventually happen in real life, some times months later. I had one of these strange dreams that was City related but I didn''t think much of it, but since a number of rumours have been going around I''m starting to think it meant something. It was basically an image of Chris Sutton holding up the city shirt like players do for the press when they sign on.

Does anyone think I''m crazy?

my friends, you are now speaking to a professional dreamer - i dream all the time, and cos of the visions i had in october, knew hucks would sign - and cos of that know we will win the title and be looking forward to highbury et al next year

all you need is a bit of faith and a dreamcatcher, you can obtain these in the city without much difficulty, can also recommend several substances to get you on your way - but you will all know about them

wiz, it don''t include celery mate!! but good luck trying

sadly dreams don''t help with score predictions!! which would explain the crap results i always come up with

had a great dream last night though that we would get stuck in a traffic jam on the M4!! hope that isn''t true lol

Susie - i had root canal work coupla years ago. not the most pleasant of experiences but I wasn''t sedated and I did need to make the guy stop a coupla times. in the end i don''t think it was any worse than a tricky filling and i really don''t like dentists. can be issue when your dentist is like Dr Nick off the Simpsons. anyway, i sure u be ok and have lots of nice dreams druing the procedure :)

Thanks for the reassurance, mistersparkle, and, yes, I am looking forward to having some nice dreams while the dentist is making holes in me. Hopefully we will have won the previous weekend so that I fall asleep with a smile on my face and then relive some good goals again and again. Come on the lads at Cardiff today. Won''t be easy, but you can do it!

I honestly had a dream last night that the Evening Star web site completely updated all their stories from the past week and I felt a real prat for my posts earlier this week! Let''s hope that 1) It won''t come true and 2) I''m not cracking up!! Actually I hope it does come true: Stupid useless jealous Evening Star (*grumble grumble*) ;-)

yes i had a dream about Norwich last night oddly...

it was that greeno Scored with a header against a team in blue... sadly it wasnt cardiff... but listening to the game today i was willing us to get a corner right at the death just to see what would happen.. lol!!!!

jas :)

Help! Someone needed to interpret the brief dream I had last night.

I was driving down the A11, as I often do, at just above the speed limit when I saw the flash of a speed gun from a layby as I went past. Having looked at my speedo, I convinced myself that there was no way I would be stopped as I was only a couple of mph over, so I relaxed a bit as I drove on. Imagine my horror when, as I reached the ''Welcome to Norwich - A Fine City'' sign, a policeman signalled for me to pull in at the side of the road by the sign. Heart racing and trying to think of every feasible excuse, I got out of the car and waited for his opening gambit. "Madam, I have had to pull you over because of information received from one of our patrols near Wymondham. Are you aware that your Norwich City scarf in your back window has fallen down? I cannot permit you to spoil the look of our fine city by showing a shoddy rear end to the rest of the drivers here, so please put it back properly and you are free to go".

I had a laugh about it when I woke up, but haven''t got a clue if it means anything. (Could it be that those in authority - like referees - are going to help us on the pitch in the near future? Judging by our past record, I somehow doubt it! Any ideas anyone?