Sign in to follow this  
nik wyer

Green- ruptured groin.

Greeno has  ruptured his groin playing for England, apparantly not taking goal kick as appeared but by making earlier save.

Sadly he is gonna miss the world cup.

Makes you wonder why he didnt inform the bench he was injured.

if you were playing for england, trying to proove yourself that you should be part of the team

would you ask to come off?

seriously?

i know i wouldnt!

Poor old Greeno I feel really sorry for him, you big chance to impress and you injure yourself within minutes.  I have found the following at sportsinjurybulletin.com, he may miss the start of next season too.A ''groin pull'' (aka groin strain) is often a bruise, stretching, or

tearing of muscle fibres which run from the front of the hip bone to

the inside of the thigh. These ''hip-adductor'' muscles, namely the

adductor longus, adductor brevis, adductor magnus, gracilis, and

pectineus, actively move the thigh toward the centreline of the body

(''adduction'') and also help to control and limit movements of the thigh

away from the body''s centre. Thus, the adductor muscles stabilise the

hip and leg during all sporting activities which involve running. In

some groin pulls, the muscles themselves are okay, but the tendons

attaching the muscles to the front of the hip bone are stretched and

inflamed. In rare cases, there is an inflammation of the hip bone

itself, or even a hair-line fracture of the hip bone. Groin pulls can

keep athletes out of action for weeks and even months at a time.

[quote user="Freddy H"]Poor old Greeno I feel really sorry for him, you big chance to impress and you injure yourself within minutes.  I have found the following at sportsinjurybulletin.com, he may miss the start of next season too.

A ''groin pull'' (aka groin strain) is often a bruise, stretching, or tearing of muscle fibres which run from the front of the hip bone to the inside of the thigh. These ''hip-adductor'' muscles, namely the adductor longus, adductor brevis, adductor magnus, gracilis, and pectineus, actively move the thigh toward the centreline of the body (''adduction'') and also help to control and limit movements of the thigh away from the body''s centre. Thus, the adductor muscles stabilise the hip and leg during all sporting activities which involve running. In some groin pulls, the muscles themselves are okay, but the tendons attaching the muscles to the front of the hip bone are stretched and inflamed. In rare cases, there is an inflammation of the hip bone itself, or even a hair-line fracture of the hip bone. Groin pulls can keep athletes out of action for weeks and even months at a time.[/quote]

You just wanted to show off your medical knowlege [:P]

Thanks for your insight, it is very sad isnt it I hate to see it we have watched all of his career i am endeared to Greeno and he is my favourite keeper.

agreed - get well boy-o

putting aside the norwich bias though, lets be grateful it wasnt robinson, terry, gerrard lampard etc.

comon england!

take your point AJ, however he was never going to be first choice, or even second, and i feel bitterly dissapointed for him, but surely if he had come off there is a fair chance it may only have been a slight pull or tear, and he could have still been on the plane to Germany.

but as said before Get Well Greeno.

Devasted for the man - even if it was only as 3rd choice keeper it would have been a dream fulfilled to be at the WC finals with your country.

Its a double blow for Green because with a 6-8 wk recovery period its highly unlikely that any clubs that were interested in him will sign him until he has shown he is fit again - that means early August at the earliest really.

Which potentially has a couple of knock on effects for City - had we budgeted for his sale in our potenial transfer targets and it leaves Paul Gallacher an impossible decision if he wants first team football - does he hope green moves on and sign for city or does he punt for another club in the knowledge he should be first choice keeper there and so leave us with no keeper cover?

Apparently Sven knew Greeno had done something making the first save, so I guess he signalled to the bench that he was OK to continue. 

Even if he was unlikely to play in Germany, what a great experience.  I really feel for him.

I feel really sorry for Greeno, a terrible way for your world cup dreams to be snatched away. For him it is a personal tradgedy.

But for our club this is as much of a  disaster. Our goal keeping plans are thrown into chaos. Green is unlikely to move until he is fit, which sounds like it could be 8+ weeks taking us through to the end of July. The funds we could have used to strengthen our squad won''t be heading our way. Can we expect Gallacher to sign without the promise of first team football? If not we''re left with an injured first choice keeper who wants (reasonably enough) a move to the premiership and a youngster. Worrying times indeed.

Many thanks england. Given the fact that the FA is all about the mighty £ it''s a shame we don''t get compensation when our players come back crooked.

Am i the only person who smiled an ironic smile when he went down?

Green admitted to not wanting to play games for Norwich to ensure his

fitness for the world cup. Thats the same Norwich City that pays his

wages. Serves him right really

poor guy.. Hope he''s ok. Regardless of how much he wants to be at NCFC thats no way to end your participation in a WC. and no I wasn''t smiling ironically, I was too busy hurling abuse at the Belarus players and hoping he was ok.

In answer to your question, I would say yes, you probably were, but there is always one isnt'' there. I was choking back the tears, having seen our NCFC player go down in agony knowing that his dream was shot down.