Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Worthy and Board dividded on coach issue.

From the official site message board:

"This comes from the same source as the Sutton info I broke with last week.

Apparently the Board wanted an ex-Norwich player as first team coach and Ian Crook was the name being bandied about.  Apparently Worthy put a stop to that, wanting to bring in his own man, rumoured to be Sheridan (Dan or John i''m not sure, probably Dan Sheridan because of him and Worthy''s Sheff Wed links.)

If this is true, my point is that surely he is undermining his position by going against the board in this way.  Throwing toys out of pram?

Maybe he is scared Crook would get us playing?"

Not sure if its true, but I will tell you one thing, if crooky is brought in as coach I will be the first to chanting "Crooky for Manager" in the first home game of the season.

As I have said all along, I still beleive that Worthy will try to bring in one of his ex Wednesday mates....

Can you clarify: are you having a go at Worthy or the board or the club with this thread?

Perhaps you could introduce this information at the top of all your posts just so we know.

John Sheridan''s brother is called Darren.  Worthy played with John at Sheffield Wednesday. 

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

From the official site message board:

"This comes from the same source as the Sutton info I broke with last week.

Apparently the Board wanted an ex-Norwich player as first team coach and Ian Crook was the name being bandied about.  Apparently Worthy put a stop to that, wanting to bring in his own man, rumoured to be Sheridan (Dan or John i''m not sure, probably Dan Sheridan because of him and Worthy''s Sheff Wed links.)

If this is true, my point is that surely he is undermining his position by going against the board in this way.  Throwing toys out of pram?

Maybe he is scared Crook would get us playing?"

Not sure if its true, but I will tell you one thing, if crooky is brought in as coach I will be the first to chanting "Crooky for Manager" in the first home game of the season.

As I have said all along, I still beleive that Worthy will try to bring in one of his ex Wednesday mates....

[/quote]

Utter b.......  no, I simply can''t be bothered.

Why is is ''utter b-------''?

I have long believed this kind of scenario that CJF is suggesting could well be being played out in the corridors of Carrow Road. After all it does seem to be taking a very log time to appoint the new guy. Do you honestly believe that the sacking of Foley was a complete spur of the moment thing with no forward planning? I''m damn sure that both the Board and Worthy would have mulled over various alternatives many days, possibly weeks before putting the knife in Foley''s back!   

However, I will say that, from memory, John Sherdian was actually a very good FOOTBALLER (out of the Crook type of mould) so, if he does get the nod, it might not be that bad! Having said that I haven''t a clue what he is doing in the game these days? 

Worthy and Board divided on coach issue

I heard the same thing.  Apparently the board members and staff hired a "coach" and went on a jolly for the day.  A source of mine very close to club said there was  friction between Worthington and Barry Skipper.   Skipper went to the Ice-Cream van on Cromer Beach for Worthy and he came back with a "zoom" instead of a "fab" like he asked for.  Worthy is reported to have blamed a fan (who was also queuing for ice cream) that was chanting "Worthy Out" for mix up - the chanting caused Skipper to bury his head in a nearby sand castle and forget the order.

Then Worthy and Skipper had a major argument over the "coach issue".  Apparently Worthy wanted to go Pleasure wood Hills but Skipper overruled him and they ended up at Petits Animal Adventure Park.  Worthy was very unhappy at not being able to ride the pirate ship, so to get his revenge on Skipper he spent the entire transfer budget on a old mule from Petits after being impressed by it''s work-rate.  He did pay slightly more than he had hoped but apparently several Premier League clubs had been interested before and Petits saw him as a key member of their "team" for next year.

Do the board not have more power ultimately than the manager? Surely any other board would just put their foot down and tell Worthy to appoint Crook or get fired.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]Do the board not have more power

ultimately than the manager? Surely any other board would just put

their foot down and tell Worthy to appoint Crook or get fired.[/quote]

Precisely.

Its just another cock n bull story (emphasis on the bull) from foghorn, just like his non-story about Sutton.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Northern Canary"]Do the board not have more power ultimately than the manager? Surely any other board would just put their foot down and tell Worthy to appoint Crook or get fired.[/quote]
Precisely.
Its just another cock n bull story (emphasis on the bull) from foghorn, just like his non-story about Sutton.

[/quote]

hey I just copyed it from the official site board as it sparked much debate there, but you are more than welcome to bash the messenger!! I don''t mind [:D]

nice to see you managed 1 decent post earlier in your howevermany bull *** posts herb [;)]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

nice to see you managed 1 decent post earlier in your howevermany bull *** posts herb [;)]

[/quote]Now now, people in glass houses and all that :)

"Sheridan replaces Moore at Oldham"

I''m shocked, BBC confirm a CJF post is bull***.

[quote user="pete"]

"Sheridan replaces Moore at Oldham"

I''m shocked, BBC confirm a CJF post is bull***.

[/quote]

Well, Oldham certainly rate him!!  He certainly was a great passer of the ball in his day at Sheffield Wednesday!!  Perhaps even Wednesday''s equivalent of Ian Crook?!?!

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

Why is is ''utter b-------''?

I have long believed this kind of scenario that CJF is suggesting could well be being played out in the corridors of Carrow Road. After all it does seem to be taking a very log time to appoint the new guy. Do you honestly believe that the sacking of Foley was a complete spur of the moment thing with no forward planning? I''m damn sure that both the Board and Worthy would have mulled over various alternatives many days, possibly weeks before putting the knife in Foley''s back!   

However, I will say that, from memory, John Sherdian was actually a very good FOOTBALLER (out of the Crook type of mould) so, if he does get the nod, it might not be that bad! Having said that I haven''t a clue what he is doing in the game these days? 

[/quote]

It may or may not be entirely or partly true.

What is "utter b......." (I hope) is the idea that Foley was a scapegoat, and that the board think the most important quality in his successor is someone who will get the fans onside.  fwiw I believe Foley quite possibly would''ve gone a season earlier, if it wasn''t for his ill health.

The ONLY criterion for appointing a coach is that he is the best we can afford in purely footballing terms.  I venture to suggest that Worthy is slightly more qualified to make that judgement than our board of directors.  The board should have the final say over his salary, but that is all.

Worthington will be looking out for one thing when he appoints the new coach and that is his own back. For that reason he should not have the casting vote as anyone he appoints will not be a progressive appointment for NCFC. Yes he should have a say as he has to work with the guy but it should be a board decision.